Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 Pro

jrn1975

4 hours ago, BillR1 said:

My R1 Pro showed up today in the mail. I got lucky and snagged one when they became available.

I got the 3MOA, but this thing is REALLY bright. It's much brighter than the DPP 2.5MOA.

I'll be sighting it in later this afternoon...

WOW! The DPP 2.5MOA is damn bright. I am now interested in the Pro 3MOA.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got to shoot the 3MOA R1Pro and my new 6MOA R1T yesterday side by side. The dots are remarkably similar. Both come with a steel shroud and the new-style cover and battery tool. Both dots are seriously bright! I was shooting into almost direct sunlight for a test. I could still see the dots easily even a couple of clicks down from max brightness. The only differences I could see in the two sights (besides the dot size) are the R1T has a slight bluish tint on the lens (invisible when shooting) and the R1Pro is a little longer to fit the Legion cut. That's it!

I have the R1T on my original X5 and the Pro is on the Legion. I don't really have a preference at this point which size dot I like better. They both are easy to pick up at speed during draws and transitions. Even during group shooting, I didn't notice one dot moving around more than the other. The 3MOA Pro seems a little more precise at 20+ yards, but up close they're both great.

7 hours ago, BillR1 said:

So I got to shoot the 3MOA R1Pro and my new 6MOA R1T yesterday side by side. The dots are remarkably similar. Both come with a steel shroud and the new-style cover and battery tool. Both dots are seriously bright! I was shooting into almost direct sunlight for a test. I could still see the dots easily even a couple of clicks down from max brightness. The only differences I could see in the two sights (besides the dot size) are the R1T has a slight bluish tint on the lens (invisible when shooting) and the R1Pro is a little longer to fit the Legion cut. That's it!

I have the R1T on my original X5 and the Pro is on the Legion. I don't really have a preference at this point which size dot I like better. They both are easy to pick up at speed during draws and transitions. Even during group shooting, I didn't notice one dot moving around more than the other. The 3MOA Pro seems a little more precise at 20+ yards, but up close they're both great.

I keep getting emails there in stock- soon as I go online all sold out!

1 hour ago, hitman_usmc said:

Where are you guys finding these?  The online retailers I normally use don't even list them. 

Euro Optics- never used them. Gallery of Guns- never used them and Shooting Surplus.Com- never used them.

SO I let them go. Get on their notify list and the will email you. 

4 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

EuroOptics has always been awesome.  I've purchased several high end scopes for precision rifles from them and there has never been an issue.  

Yep bought several high end scopes from them... Always been good to do business with.

I think 6moa is perfect for uspsa. The dot is only covering 1.5" at 20 yards, you should still be able to get A zone head shots with that margin. But I'm old with crap eyes and the 6moa is what's visible to me hahha. 2.5/3 might as well be invisible hahha.

My local gun shop called me as they had a couple 1 Pros come in and were on the shelf.

21 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I think 6moa is perfect for uspsa. The dot is only covering 1.5" at 20 yards, you should still be able to get A zone head shots with that margin. But I'm old with crap eyes and the 6moa is what's visible to me hahha. 2.5/3 might as well be invisible hahha.

My local gun shop called me as they had a couple 1 Pros come in and were on the shelf.