Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 Pro

jrn1975

Has anyone heard of a release date for this dot?  I just purchased a couple of Deltapoints for my X5 Legions, but I am not overly excited about them.  

I watched a P365xl video which stated the Romeo 0 would be released late this month/early August.  I was hoping the new Romeo1 Pro would get released before that.

I wish they would have cut the legion slide for the Romeo 3 Max and released both at the same time to make things easy.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Explosiveo said:

I believe the legion is cut for the new romeo 3 max. Thought all the new Sig dots will work on all the new Sig guns.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sig is listing the length of the Romeo 3 max at 2.1 inches.  The deltapoint is 1.82 inches.  The way the current cut is in the legion, I don't think it will fit without a mounting plate.  

The other thing is will the original Romeo 1 be phased out once the Romeo 1 pro is released.  That would suck if have an older slide cut for the older Romeo and not be able to purchase the optic any longer.

1 hour ago, Explosiveo said:

I believe the legion is cut for the new romeo 3 max. Thought all the new Sig dots will work on all the new Sig guns.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Legion is cut for the Romeo1Pro/DeltaPointPro 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, jrn1975 said:

The other thing is will the original Romeo 1 be phased out once the Romeo 1 pro is released.  That would suck if have an older slide cut for the older Romeo and not be able to purchase the optic any longer.

Good question. Been wondering about that too, with 4 - R1 equipped Sig's in the house.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, jrn1975 said:

Has anyone heard of a release date for this dot?  I just purchased a couple of Deltapoints for my X5 Legions, but I am not overly excited about them.  

I watched a P365xl video which stated the Romeo 0 would be released late this month/early August.  I was hoping the new Romeo1 Pro would get released before that.

I wish they would have cut the legion slide for the Romeo 3 Max and released both at the same time to make things easy.

Optics Planet is saying the 3 min dot version ships in 3-5 weeks.

The 6 min dot (black) is like 11-14 months!

Yikes.

Good price tho compared to the R3 Max.

Sig finally got back and said by the end of next month.  All I can say is it can't get released fast enough.  One of the two deltapoints that I purchased for my legions just died.  It lasted a tad under 200 rounds.  It shuts off after 1 shot.  When inspecting it, the silver contact under the battery came loose and made it all the way to the rear of the battery compartment.  

I am about to just buy 2 Romeo 1s for now and mod them to use on the legion since I can pick them up for the price of 1 deltapoint… 

Edited by jrn1975

2 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

Sig finally got back and said by the end of next month.  All I can say is it can't get released fast enough.  One of the two deltapoints that I purchased for my legions just died.  It lasted a tad under 200 rounds.  It shuts off after 1 shot.  When inspecting it, the silver contact under the battery came loose and made it all the way to the rear of the battery compartment.  

I am about to just buy 2 Romeo 1s for now and mod them to use on the legion since I can pick them up for the price of 1 deltapoint… 

You should be able to slide that contact forward under the tape they use to secure it. Mine recently did the same thing while practicing. I moved the contact forward and used the eraser end of a pencil to push the adhesive tape back into place. Not a permanent fix but will get you by for a bit. Sad this is a common issue given the price point of the DPP.

14 hours ago, AZ123456 said:

You should be able to slide that contact forward under the tape they use to secure it. Mine recently did the same thing while practicing. I moved the contact forward and used the eraser end of a pencil to push the adhesive tape back into place. Not a permanent fix but will get you by for a bit. Sad this is a common issue given the price point of the DPP.

Thanks.  I bought this one from a store with a great return policy.. I think at this time I am just going to return it.  Since they haven't addressed this issue, its only a matter of time before it happens again. 

I was able to get ahold of Sig and they are allowing pre-orders for the Romeo1 Pro.  Not sure if its for the 3moa or 6moa dot size.  Price quoted was 479.  Upon researching, it appears the new Pro model comes with the metal shroud that was an option for the Romeo1.  I guess this was the primary factor for the increased price.  When looking at the pictures on Sig product page, the sights look almost identical with the exception that the front of the Romeo 1 Pro is slightly extended due to the new footprint.  

28 minutes ago, jrn1975 said:

Thanks.  I bought this one from a store with a great return policy.. I think at this time I am just going to return it.  Since they haven't addressed this issue, its only a matter of time before it happens again. 

I was able to get ahold of Sig and they are allowing pre-orders for the Romeo1 Pro.  Not sure if its for the 3moa or 6moa dot size.  Price quoted was 479.  Upon researching, it appears the new Pro model comes with the metal shroud that was an option for the Romeo1.  I guess this was the primary factor for the increased price.  When looking at the pictures on Sig product page, the sights look almost identical with the exception that the front of the Romeo 1 Pro is slightly extended due to the new footprint.  

Screaming deal for that sight. As soon as they're released, my DPP will be gone also.

I’m sorry, but how is it a screaming deal? It’s classic Sig vaporware with no track record. It might be the greatest RDS ever, but it’s premature to say so. Like EVERY other sight, we’ll pay our money & take our chances. 

2 hours ago, OPENB said:

I’m sorry, but how is it a screaming deal? It’s classic Sig vaporware with no track record. It might be the greatest RDS ever, but it’s premature to say so. Like EVERY other sight, we’ll pay our money & take our chances. 

Valid point. I'm a big fan of the original Romeo1, and have had zero issues with any of the four I've owned. I see the Romeo1 Pro as an updated version of an already outstanding sight, and at a sweet price.

Something to keep in mind.  Sig lists the sight at $479.  Actual street prices will be closer to $399 which is inline with other quality optics.  My two Romeos have been pretty solid with no issues, but with a 5 year warranty on the electrics, the price is pretty reasonable considering all red dots will die at some point...  I wish the Legion accepted  the Romeo 1 as I can order that sight for $210.. 

I just got an email back after asking them what MOA versions are available for pre-order and was told both should be available at the same time which is by the end of August.  

Only time will tell if the new Romeo 1 pro will be reliable though..

42 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

Valid point. I'm a big fan of the original Romeo1, and have had zero issues with any of the four I've owned. I see the Romeo1 Pro as an updated version of an already outstanding sight, and at a sweet price.

I too have a couple Romeo 1s, one with about 5000 on an X5, and one still in the box. I do like them, but have no illusions that they’ll last better than anything else. 

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would buy the  Romeo 1 or the Pro for upper range pricing on red dots when in most cases they will fail. Not just the Romeo's but all red dots that take the abuse of riding a slide, being struck by brass and possibly dropped. With only a 5 year warranty on the electronics, which is most likely going to be the biggest rate of failure.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to get a Romeo 1 for my X5 mostly due to the fact it was a direct mount and could co-witness. But the more research I did here and other sites the issues people were having with it just was not worth the risk. In the end I went with the Vortex Razor mounted on a Springer adaptor and it has worked very well so far. I know that at some point it will fail, but if it's 6 weeks or 6 years from now all I have to do is send it back and Vortex sends a new one.

I really liked the features of the Romeo 1 and I prefer the brightness adjustment buttons location along with the shake and wake, but the Razor battery tray that slides out beats the screw down top that seems to be one of the major issues.

In the end it just came down to the warranty.

It’ll fit in the dovetail cut & the holes line up, but the Legion is tapped for M4 screws, the same as the Deltapoint Pro. The M4 screws are too big to fit thru the holes in the body of the Romeo 1. At least one shooter has drilled out the body to fit the M4 screws & dressed it with Magic Marker

Before drilling out the mounting holes, I opened up the Romeo 1 to check and make sure none of the electronica will be impacted or damaged. There’s more than enough space between the edge of the holes to the board to enlarge the holes without damaging it. It only needed about .5mm bigger than what the current size of the hole to fit the M4 screws. I mounted it on my drill drill to make sure the bit doesn’t wander off and goes down straight. Then I dam some black permanent marker on the holes so it’s not noticeable. 

So far, there hasn’t been any problems at all.

Edited by George16

• 1 month later...

SIG is its own worst enemy with this stuff. Confusing numbering/no common footprint and models discontinued or superseded by others with no real way to tell what's what.

Personally I find it interesting that the world's most modular pistol is limited to whatever cut came with the slide. SIG needs to come up with a CORE or MOS system or license the Unity Tactical ATOM cut so users can switch whenever a new optic comes out without replacing the entire slide.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tokarev said:

SIG is its own worst enemy with this stuff. Confusing numbering/no common footprint and models discontinued or superseded by others with no real way to tell what's what.

Personally I find it interesting that the world's most modular pistol is limited to whatever cut came with the slide. SIG needs to come up with a CORE or MOS system or license the Unity Tactical ATOM cut so users can switch whenever a new optic comes out without replacing the entire slide.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have to agree here. Having to go to Springer to get a mounting plate that will work is not always ideal, and adds to the height and cost.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, jrn1975 said:

The R 1 Pro started shipping three weeks ago. Was in stock at two retailers- each only had 12,

sold out in less than 10 minutes!

My R1 Pro showed up today in the mail. I got lucky and snagged one when they became available.

I got the 3MOA, but this thing is REALLY bright. It's much brighter than the DPP 2.5MOA.

I'll be sighting it in later this afternoon...