Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 Pro

jrn1975

yes- mine showed powder residue at 50 rounds and at 80 and shooting into the sun- I had a real tough time with the clearity and the dot.
The had my x 5 only 5 working days- sent on a Wednesday- the received on Friday,
and I received it back from them on the next Wednesday. With a NON LCI barrel- 

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at an R1 Pro, but had a question.   Is the bolt / mounting pattern the same as something like a Leupold DPP?   I have a P320 X5, but also looking to get a G20 slide milled (more for woods / hunting use).  Ideal scenario is there's some interchangeability if I end up with multiple sights, but at least want to know what I'm getting into...

12 hours ago, BCM said:

Looking at an R1 Pro, but had a question.   Is the bolt / mounting pattern the same as something like a Leupold DPP?   I have a P320 X5, but also looking to get a G20 slide milled (more for woods / hunting use).  Ideal scenario is there's some interchangeability if I end up with multiple sights, but at least want to know what I'm getting into...

Same bolt pattern and size as a DPP, but doesn't have any locator boss/pin pockets in the underside. So if you have a mount/gun where those are integral, the R1Pro won't fit without modifying something

Same bolt pattern and size as a DPP, but doesn't have any locator boss/pin pockets in the underside. So if you have a mount/gun where those are integral, the R1Pro won't fit without modifying something

[emoji2359] This is annoying.

Good to know, thanks. And I agree, annoying....

Keep in mind also that the R1Pro and DPP both use M4 x.7 screws. While you can use both of these red dots on the original X5 slide (slight mod on the front cutout), the X5 slide is tapped to use 6-48 filister head screws which looks like M4 but slightly smaller in diameter. 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:58 PM, cjmill87 said:

Thanks I appreciate it!  How's everyone liking theirs so far?

It's good.  Bright dot, clear glass and fair price.  I put in on my back up gun and running the SRO as my main.  Glass is same, a little bit of green tint on both SRO and R1Pro.  The dot is more of a blob not by much and not noticeable in sunlight.  I like how the glass is as wide as the slide and I can see the front iron in case I lose zero.  If I got the R1Pro first I would get a second instead of the SRO because it's not $600 with adapter plate assuming both are equally reliable.  Time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, BillR1 said:

Mine will be here on the 8th.

I just ordered an FDE pro for my legion. Think you could share a pic so I know what I am in for?

I'd appreciate it! I've never had non matching before lol.

Just mounted a 6moa Romeo 1 Pro to my X5 Legion. Will shoot it next week sometime. Wonder how much gunk I'll get on the lens.

At speed it’s not enough to obscure the bright 6moa on the R1Pro. It does leave a V shape vapor trail but it’s not terrible. When I get the chance I will call Sig to arrange for non LCI barrels. My SRO gets it too, it’s so even and light I’ve never noticed it until I swiped my finger.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, George16 said:

Keep in mind also that the R1Pro and DPP both use M4 x.7 screws. While you can use both of these red dots on the original X5 slide (slight mod on the front cutout), the X5 slide is tapped to use 6-48 filister head screws which looks like M4 but slightly smaller in diameter. 

Can you use the Springer plate for DPP on the original X5, and then mount a  Romeo 1 Pro ? If so, anything one needs to do, to make it work properly?

22 minutes ago, aalbert said:

Can you use the Springer plate for DPP on the original X5, and then mount a  Romeo 1 Pro ? If so, anything one needs to do, to make it work properly?

If it has the locating pins on it for the DPP they will need to be filed flat, the Romeo 1 pro doesn’t have any provisions for them.