Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten grip module,,,

texasdawg

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am still waiting on Sig to ship mine. Ordered on Aug 2 and it has not shipped yet. I should of ordered it from Osage County I guess. Won't be using it this weekend I am thinking. Thanks, Eric

Same boat, ordered same day as you.

Says order pending fullment or something like that.

Has me wondering what's going on.

But all the searching for legionx5's I found a new to me cool 1911.  LoL

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Same boat, ordered same day as you.

Says order pending fullment or something like that.

Has me wondering what's going on.

But all the searching for legionx5's I found a new to me cool 1911.  LoL

Got the notice it shipped, should be here Friday per FedEx, that will be 7 days from order to delivery.

Guess that's about average between the real fast shippers vs the real slow shippers I deal with.

Looking forward to using it at the steel match on Sat!

5 hours ago, bomadera said:

Ordered from Osage County Monday, got it yesterday.
What an improvement, it feels like a steel grip, the gun now weighs 41.9 ounces, heading to the range now to shoot it.

Just got back from the range, Amazing how it handles muzzle flip, front sight barely moves.  

Hello: I just got a SSI grip weight to try out. The pistol with just the grip weight and the stock grip with a magazine weights 37.56ozs and is for Carry Optics. I will see how I like it. The new Sig grip should be here next week. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I just got a SSI grip weight to try out. The pistol with just the grip weight and the stock grip with a magazine weights 37.56ozs and is for Carry Optics. I will see how I like it. The new Sig grip should be here next week. Thanks, Eric

I talked with Sig CS today and they said the TSG grip module has a tungsten grip weight in it.
My X5 with TSG grip and magazine weighs 45.6 ounces.

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I guess I will see when mine arrives if it actually has a tungsten weight or just the stock one that is in the regular P320X5. Thanks, Eric

It has the regular weight

9 hours ago, Rich406 said:

It has the regular weight

After Sig CS told me the grip weight was tungsten, I decided to find out for myself and I checked the weight with a magnet, that grip weight in the TSG is NOT steel!

2 hours ago, bomadera said:

After Sig CS told me the grip weight was tungsten, I decided to find out for myself and I checked the weight with a magnet, that grip weight in the TSG is NOT steel!

If it’s tungsten, you’ll know it the moment you heft it - if you can remove it from the grip. I’m not familiar with P320s.

Tungsten is 1.74 times heavier than lead in the same volume. It’s heavy as hell.

If you’re not sure what the weight is made of, and it feels like you would expect something that size to feel...  It’s a nonferrous stainless steel. ;)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

41.6 ozs with a standard x-5 top end and FCU,  Sig Romeo 1 6moa

21 round mag, grams guts and TTI base pad

Still room for a Tungsten guide rod etc.

Not doing a thing for the rest of the summer, then maybe.

Grip weight weighs the same as my standard x-5 weight.

It is obviously not tungsten when you pick it up!  Probably stainless as has been stated before!

Edited by jcc7x7