Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten grip module,,,

texasdawg

Got a chance to hold side by side a reg x5 and a legion x5. The Legion was noticeably heavier and felt balanced heavier, not barrel or grip heavier. Really looking forward to getting my grip in,,,  any day now,,, (fedex says tuesday)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, Rich406 said:

They use the deal where Fedex delivers it to your local post office, and then the post office does the final delivery. Takes forever, usually takes 10-12 days whenever I order something direct from Sig.

SH*T that explains it!

23 hours ago, rocket99 said:

Mine just got grippier!!!4dc1295c822ac2608ad02634c5de0265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be asking a stupid question, but can you elaborate on what you did?  I have the Springer Precision grips and really like them.  I am patiently waiting on my Legion grip mod to get here and will need to do something with it.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Southpaw320 said:

I may be asking a stupid question, but can you elaborate on what you did?  I have the Springer Precision grips and really like them.  I am patiently waiting on my Legion grip mod to get here and will need to do something with it.

Thanks

Looks like a silicone carbide grip job

If you look here you will find some links. Alma has some good videos specific to the P320 in the big X5 thread (or just go on his Youtube and look)

5 minutes ago, thormx538 said:

Looks like a silicone carbide grip job

If you look here you will find some links. Alma has some good videos specific to the P320 in the big X5 thread (or just go on his Youtube and look)

Thanks, I looked at a few different posts after I posted that.

Finally received my grip today. Put the X5 slide with a SS guide rod I made and a Vortex Viper 6moa on it onto the new Legion grip. It weighed 42.4 oz's with a stock 21 round mag in it. I'm thinking I shouldn't have ordered the Springer tungsten guide rod. With the Springer mag extensions for the 21 round mags I will most likely be overweight. Really dont want to pull the grip weight out, it feels pretty balanced the way it sits now,,, will see how it ends up,,,,

10 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

This is my setup but mine weighs at 43.2oz. 

The only other thing I need to do is add some grip tape and I’ll be done.  That should be here by the Friday so I can update final weight then.  I’m shooting a sectional match next month, I’ll see what the official weight is there.

Well, got the Springer tungsten guiderod and mag bases in and installed. Cant get much heavier than it is and expect to make all weigh ins,,,, feels good, have a Tanfo LimPro at just the same weight almost, but I like the Sig grip better. Have room for grip tape or carbide grip, so that's in the future,,,

SigX5Legion3.jpg

Hello: Are the TTI base pads lighter than the Springer ones? Also how much does the Go Guns take down lever weight over the stock one? Asking since I would want to add silicon carbide to the grip and I have a Holosun 507C with the Springer adapter as well. I am thinking I would be overweight with the tungsten guide rod. Thanks, Eric

I'm pretty sure the GoGuns is heavier - there is more metal. I will weigh them after supper. I dont have TTI base pads to compare to. I will weigh mine and post. My Viper is screwed directly to the slide without an adapter, so can't answer that part.

Okay, numbers,,,,

GoGuns lever - 0.6 oz

Stock lever - 0.4 oz

stock 21 round mag - 3.7 oz

21 round mag with Sringer 140mm base pad and Grams spring and follower - 3.7 oz

stock 21 round mag base - 0.4 oz

Springer 140mm  base pad - 0.5 oz

The math looks off, but the stock follower is bigger than the Grams,,,

Edited by texasdawg
clarification

Received my TXG Grip module assembly from the Sig Academy Pro Shop via FedEx on Tuesday. (They shipped it on Friday.)  It came with the magwell & its mounting screw loose in a baggie and the BIG honking weight installed in the grip.