Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon Sro Found. Can Anyone recommend a mount?

adrone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have about 1000 rounds with the Trijicon Sro now. 

I have had rts2’s. Had DP pro’s. Normally run a cmore horizontally.

Of them all I have to say the Sro is my favorite by a long shot. No issues. No problems. Glass is excellent. Its not getting a bunch of crap blown on the glass.

Shot all day outdoor this weekend and the dot works great in bright sunlight. Was able to choose whatever brightness I wanted with little to no distortion on the dot

The 5 moa is my preferred. 

Cheely Mount for narrow frame but it sits on a PT wide frame so its off center. Could shave foot down but doesn’t seem to matter.

9 major Infinity Ultimatch barrel 1:24 with 3 chamber comp no popples with 124gr MG JHP’s 6.8-.6.9 Auto Comp.

I zeroed it with 3 elevation clicks and one windage click at 25 yards. With Zero at 25 yards my shots hit maybe 1” low at 15 feet if that.  At 25 feet its still very near zero. So minimal hold over. 

Ill never go back to a cmore no way as long as the Sro holds up.....great so far

http://6387118E-E12D-4D8E-864B-1700A850E202.jpe

Edited by adrone

And btw when I took that picture Friday I did not notice if you look above the knuckle on my thumb you’ll see a small spot in the Infinity safety......well ...At the Saturday match 8th stage  2nd shot: http://C3332650-2B68-42A9-92D0-9B9A726688A0.jpe

Edited by adrone

4 hours ago, echotango said:

I canceled my order.  Until the reliability is proven.  Already a couple people with issues with only a handful of sights out there.  

This was my concern as well.  I'm also going to hold off until they're in the wild a little longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at that pic, the slide ride size looks pretty good in comparison.  How about the RTS2? Size-wise similar, but adrone you like the SRO that much more, eh? Even for $200-$250 more? 

Assuming money was an object, where would you land? Appreciate the real-world advice. just don't want to drop all that cash if it's only marginally better. Looking to put this on my Q5 SF.

1 hour ago, lfine said:

Looking at that pic, the slide ride size looks pretty good in comparison.  How about the RTS2? Size-wise similar, but adrone you like the SRO that much more, eh? Even for $200-$250 more? 

Assuming money was an object, where would you land? Appreciate the real-world advice. just don't want to drop all that cash if it's only marginally better. Looking to put this on my Q5 SF.

I have an rts2 on a Q5 SF and my open guns.  Glass is def big enough and no issues.  I had 3 SRO's on order but cancelled due to the issues posted on other sites and YT.  Not worth it yet.  I'll wait a year and see if the issues have been fixed.  Keep in  mind the rts2 is on V5.  

Edited by echotango

8 hours ago, echotango said:

I have an rts2 on a Q5 SF and my open guns.  Glass is def big enough and no issues.  I had 3 SRO's on order but cancelled due to the issues posted on other sites and YT.  Not worth it yet.  I'll wait a year and see if the issues have been fixed.  Keep in  mind the rts2 is on V5.  

Do you know what’s different about v5s? Or how to tell them apart?

11 hours ago, lfine said:

Well Im at about 2500-3000 rounds now. No issues at all.  I can track the Sro just as well as I could with the Slideride. No issue with window size. I was running a horizontal mount Slideride for years and I had alot of diagonal squiggle in the dot with it. With the Sro dot movement is considerably less and more vertical  but I do think the horizontal mount cmore has an effect on the plastic bends in the front with flexing under recoil where when upright not as much. I also have less crap blowing on my glass with the SRO compared to horizontal slide ride. 

Yes I am completely happy with the Sro. I will never go back unless it fails or something better comes out. Ive had cmore upright and horizontal... rts2’s....had vortex...and had a dp pro. The Sro is unquestionably superior in every way it could be to all of the above imo .

.We have 2 sro’s one on a p10f slide and the other on open gun  Cheely Mount. The slide mounted one only has a few hundred rounds but no issues with either one. I have a third on the way that will either go on an M&P or an Accushadow so we will see if any fail over time.

Edited by adrone

41 minutes ago, BigBamBoo said:

So it looks like the Cheely is the only option for a mount currently...for an open rig at least?

and anyone know of where a 5 moa is in stock?

I may be willing to get rid of a 5 moa that I will get this week. I bought a 5 and a 2.5 and now another 5.... Im not yet sure if Im going to use the 3rd Sro. Ill post if I decide not to use it. I already have a co and open gun and Im not even sure it im going to run co so i probably dont need to have 2   co guns.

Edited by adrone

37 minutes ago, adrone said:

I may be willing to get rid of a 5 moa that I will get this week. I bought a 5 and a 2.5 and now another 5.... Im not yet sure if Im going to use the 3rd Sro. Ill post if I decide not to use it. I already have a co and open gun and Im not even sure it im going to run co so i probably dont need to have 2   co guns.

Just let me know.

1 hour ago, BigBamBoo said:

So it looks like the Cheely is the only option for a mount currently...for an open rig at least?

and anyone know of where a 5 moa is in stock?

"In Stock" at opticsplanet

25 minutes ago, BigBamBoo said:

Rarely does Optics Plant have anything actually in their possession. Learned that lesson in the past.

I see lots of websites show in stock for 5moa

When Optics Planet says in-stock, probably best to give them a call.  Lota of false positives.  Arms Unlimited false positives too.

i ordered one from SWFA early last week and it shipped recently. (2.5 moa), but it actually drop shipped from somewhere else, I don’t think it actually made it to SWFA’s facility.

i get the vibe that Trijicon is manufacturing more 2.5s than 1 or 5, so those may be a little harder to find for a bit.