Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
adrone

Trijicon Sro Found. Can Anyone recommend a mount?

Recommended Posts

So I actually found trijicon SRO’s from a local source. With a good number available....I ordered today Friday and he will have them at the shop Monday.

I went ahead and ordered two. I ordered a 2.5 and a 5.0.

Ones going on my open pistol....the other is going on carry optics or I will turn around and get rid of whichever one I like the dot size of the least. I run a 6 on my cmore but with others the dot sizes all seem to be rated differently.

Ive seen claimed 2’s that look like 6’s and 6’s that look like 2’s so....

 

Do you guys recommend an rmr/sro pattern mount for 2011 wide PT frame????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I ordered one also for my wife's CO gun. Once I check it out, I will order 3 for my open guns.  I spoke with Steve at Everglades and he has the prototype done, but will not produce them until he has a sight on hand to confirm everything.  

Per Trijicon yesterday, they are shipping next week to their main dealers.  And yes, it is the same pattern as the RMR.

 

Cheely makes one but does not have a blast shield. 

 

http://ccgunworks.com/rmr-frame-scope-mount/

Edited by echotango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys mind putting up some impressions once you get them please? Looking at it for carry optics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will do. That is my plan. I'll be comparing it to an RTS2 and show side by side pics. But sounds like  androne will have his sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got my fingers crossed that it will hold up. Thanks Im going to order the Cheely for the open.

Ordered a Shook??? Plate for P10F for CO. Should be up and running on something by Tues. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Aircooled Racer and others locally rag on me because I fire more standing practice rounds than anyone around here probably.

Everyone says im just wasting bullets and wearing guns out.

That being said Im not even classified yet and I will wear most local uspsa people out even shooters light years above  my level on single shot accuracy matches like bowling pins. Haven’t tried steel in a match yet. 

They are right it doesnt  help alot for uspsa though. Footwork and planning/execution still suck. 

Its nothing for me to run 500 rounds in each range session at 3-4 times a week plus a match a week. 1500-2000 rounds in a week or two happens.

If anyone can black out an optic Itll be me.

Ill report back.

 

Edited by adrone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, echotango said:

I ordered one also for my wife's CO gun. Once I check it out, I will order 3 for my open guns.  I spoke with Steve at Everglades and he has the prototype done, but will not produce them until he has a sight on hand to confirm everything.  

Per Trijicon yesterday, they are shipping next week to their main dealers.  And yes, it is the same pattern as the RMR.

 

Cheely makes one but does not have a blast shield. 

 

http://ccgunworks.com/rmr-frame-scope-mount/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok folks, I am waiting on your thoughts before ordering 2 for my Open guns. Push them hard as hell so we will know what to expect out of them. Fingers crossed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hell yeah excite to hear what people have to say after hands on! been looking at going this route or the new khales optic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fo0 said:

how does the 5moa and 2.5 moa compare?

 

 

yes I'm interested in this as well. I have a 5moa on order (still waiting :( ) and I'm wondering for USPSA if the 5MOA is the way to go?

going on my shadow 2 for CO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in how they will hold up to an open gun and slide ride on a CO gun. I will be setting up a CO grand power with one in a few months my self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Fo0 said:

how does the 5moa and 2.5 moa compare?

Guys I cannot decide between the 2.5 or 5. Played with them today. The 5 is very near the 6moa cmore slideride. The 2.5 reminds me of a 4moa cmore. Both very defined circles with no distortion. Much brighter than the cmore.  Does not starburst as easily on brighter settings as the cmore.  Both dots are fine for my open gun. I could track either one equally....... There would be no issue with either in sunlight imo.....Cant decide.....either is perfectly fine.....To me it seems to be higher quality generally particularly with the dot definition as opposed to what im used to....looks durable on the exterior

One will be on my open tomorrow Cheely mount coming in the mail.....

Edited by adrone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please post side by side pics comparing the SRO to C-More when you can. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

No CMore but just about everything else

Edited by kmanick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 1k rounds through my 2.5 so far. Was running a rts 2 8 MOA. Rts2 has been solid but can be a little hard to find in very bright sun light hence the switch. So far so good with sro . I don’t really expect it to break . I own various Trijicon optics and the don’t put out crap products . Dot is very defined and more than bright enough . I actually shot a “pro am” style match this past weekend and had to turn the brightness down from max .  Really happy so far . 

F372F6B9-398E-43CE-B80D-2A19B4C637E8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, adrone said:

So I actually found trijicon SRO’s from a local source. With a good number available....I ordered today Friday and he will have them at the shop Monday.

I went ahead and ordered two. I ordered a 2.5 and a 5.0.

Ones going on my open pistol....the other is going on carry optics or I will turn around and get rid of whichever one I like the dot size of the least. I run a 6 on my cmore but with others the dot sizes all seem to be rated differently.

Ive seen claimed 2’s that look like 6’s and 6’s that look like 2’s so....

 

Do you guys recommend an rmr/sro pattern mount for 2011 wide PT frame????


Akai hass them ready to go.  Give Shay a call tomorrow.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P-F has several threads currently going with guys that are having problems with SRO's. I just received mine yesterday. Initial impressions were really favorable, compared to my RMR.  Now, I'm a bit concerned. I'm going to see how it holds up. Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Boomer775 said:

P-F has several threads currently going with guys that are having problems with SRO's. I just received mine yesterday. Initial impressions were really favorable, compared to my RMR.  Now, I'm a bit concerned. I'm going to see how it holds up. Fingers crossed.

P-F ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P-F has several threads currently going with guys that are having problems with SRO's. I just received mine yesterday. Initial impressions were really favorable, compared to my RMR.  Now, I'm a bit concerned. I'm going to see how it holds up. Fingers crossed.

I’ve noticed that. The only thing keeping me from jumping on one. I’m curious to keep up with yalls success/failure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really surprised at the apparent failure rate. My RMR's have been tanks, but I hate the small window.  

I really like the sight itself. With the bottom of the window actually levlel with the rear of the housing, the entire window can be seen. The rear housing on the RMR is actually taller than the bottom of the window, so it partially obscures an already small window.

 

i hope to get at least a few hundred rounds on it in the next few days to see how it holds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well several guys is kind of an overstatement, the majority of the negative feedback is coming from the "friend" of the same guy that posted here having problems on his X-5

I wouldn't jump ship quite that quickly, Trijicon is good about fixing problems when they exist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Boomer775 said:

I was really surprised at the apparent failure rate. My RMR's have been tanks...

 

The RMR had failures initially, too. They just fixed them rather quickly in a way that CMore and Leupold have taken their sweet, sweet time to do. So they gained a solid rep for being durable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

The RMR had failures initially, too. They just fixed them rather quickly in a way that CMore and Leupold have taken their sweet, sweet time to do. So they gained a solid rep for being durable.

 

I guess that's what really surprised me.  After all, it seems like this isn't brand new technology for Trijicon. Only real change seems to be the window size. All other things being equal, I would have expected the parts that are more or less direct carryovers from the RMR to function as well as they do on current generation RMR's. 

Whatever the problems may be, I'm confident that Trijicon will remedy them.  I love the sight itself, and will buy a couple more if they prove reliable. Hopefully these first few failures are arberrations. 

Edited by Boomer775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...