Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon Sro Found. Can Anyone recommend a mount?

adrone

I put in an order from a site showing the 5MOA in stock. Then they sent an email saying they don't actually expect to have them until later this month. The price was good, so I left the order in place.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/9/2019 at 10:05 PM, adrone said:

Well Im at about 2500-3000 rounds now. No issues at all.  I can track the Sro just as well as I could with the Slideride. No issue with window size. I was running a horizontal mount Slideride for years and I had alot of diagonal squiggle in the dot with it. With the Sro dot movement is considerably less and more vertical  but I do think the horizontal mount cmore has an effect on the plastic bends in the front with flexing under recoil where when upright not as much. I also have less crap blowing on my glass with the SRO compared to horizontal slide ride. 

Yes I am completely happy with the Sro. I will never go back unless it fails or something better comes out. Ive had cmore upright and horizontal... rts2’s....had vortex...and had a dp pro. The Sro is unquestionably superior in every way it could be to all of the above imo .

.We have 2 sro’s one on a p10f slide and the other on open gun  Cheely Mount. The slide mounted one only has a few hundred rounds but no issues with either one. I have a third on the way that will either go on an M&P or an Accushadow so we will see if any fail over time.

Thank you for the real input. Folks around me that got theirs early and also have several thousand rounds on theirs have no problems. So far my experience mirrors your own. SRO is superior in every way.

Lots of internet nonsense and "my friend of a friend who might or might not have the same optic sponsor I do says not to buy one until they are proven." All good. If the guy shooting against me has another optic I know I already have an advantage. 

9 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Thank you for the real input. Folks around me that got theirs early and also have several thousand rounds on theirs have no problems. So far my experience mirrors your own. SRO is superior in every way.

Lots of internet nonsense and "my friend of a friend who might or might not have the same optic sponsor I do says not to buy one until they are proven." All good. If the guy shooting against me has another optic I know I already have an advantage. 

Great to hear about the early results. Looking forward to getting back into CO, once I get my hands on one of these. Loved my DPPs, but I just couldn't get the reliability out of them that I wanted.

Just an update . I have over 4K rounds on mine thus far with zero issues . Same battery as well with no dimming in sight yet . And that’s leaving it on during practice and matches . I also shot it for Oklahoma and Great Plains Sectional In 100 degree index weather and bright sunlight and was still very easy to pick up turned down 1 click from brightest setting . 

B2167BE6-274A-4369-AB43-2397F18E91BD.jpeg

Edited by Knguyen1904

• 2 weeks later...