Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Chaos vs. CK Arms

travisb2352

About to pull the trigger on an open gun, trying to decide if the higher price tag on the Atlas is worth it over a good Steel grip CK arms open gun. Was curious who all has shot both or had any recommendations. 

I also need some recommendations on sights. Ive been doing carry optics with a Trijicon RMR, but I know on the open guns CMore, Leupold, or Holosun are the standards

Edited by travisb2352

About to pull the trigger on an open gun, trying to decide if the higher price tag on the Atlas is worth it over a good Steel grip CK arms open gun. Was curious who all has shot both or had any recommendations. 

I also need some recommendations on sights. Ive been doing carry optics with a Trijicon RMR, but I know on the open guns CMore, Leupold, or Holosun are the standards

Have you ever considered CHEELY CUSTOM GUNS too? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t speak for atlas I’ve never shot one. But do own two ck arms open guns an both run never have to rack my guns. U wanting high end maybe akai or venom custom guns or limcat. I’ve shot both akai an limcat they both slick as glass. 

5 minutes ago, 36873687 said:

Can’t speak for atlas I’ve never shot one. But do own two ck arms open guns an both run never have to rack my guns. U wanting high end maybe akai or venom custom guns or limcat. I’ve shot both akai an limcat they both slick as glass. 

Nice! thanks for the recommendations, ive looked a bit at akai and limcat but need to check out venom

Don (Venom) is a good dude!  His builds are less $ than an Atlas and I think you'll be happy. Several really good shooter on here that shoot his guns. I had one it was awesome!  

I've also had a CK thunder. It ran like a champ. But its not in the same league as one form Venom. I've shot 3 different Chaos. They were awesome too. 

If I was buying a new open gun, I'd probably go with that Honcho! It calls to me!

Just now, B_RAD said:

Don (Venom) is a good dude!  His builds are less $ than an Atlas and I think you'll be happy. Several really good shooter on here that shoot his guns. I had one it was awesome!  

I've also had a CK thunder. It ran like a champ. But its not in the same league as one form Venom. I've shot 3 different Chaos. They were awesome too. 

If I was buying a new open gun, I'd probably go with that Honcho! It calls to me!

I have seen the Honcho dont know too much about them, I know they are shipping soon so maybe I will wait and get a few range reports. Does Venom have a website? I could only find a facebook page

26 minutes ago, travisb2352 said:

I have seen the Honcho dont know too much about them, I know they are shipping soon so maybe I will wait and get a few range reports. Does Venom have a website? I could only find a facebook page

He does not.  Message him on FB and he'll respond to you. 

As far as your question about optics, I just made the jump to open myself and have found that the cmore slide ride has been amazing. 

I have a shorty and the dot tracks very well for me, I like the big glass for seeing a lot. If you go the slide ride route I’d recommend the aluminum click version. I’ve played with both and the aluminum click is superior to the plastic non-click. 

To be fair I don’t have too much experience with the other optics common in open but I’ve been happy so far.  

I do think it’s worth it upgrading for a couple of reasons.  First, if you are going to get really into it, in my experience you will eventually wonder if the grass really is greener, and you will try it.  

Now, I’ve owned 2 Ck open guns and a FGW gun, and I do get to shoot a Limcat, Atlas, and Akai on occasion, so I can give limited feedback.  When running the gun at speed, for me, all the differences between the pistols went out the window and whatever differences I thought I noticed while holding them went out the window also.  With that said.  All my Ck guns went down with cracked slides, at the same time in my case. I know that they had a time period with bad slides, and they made it right, but both took 5 months to get back and getting ahold of Bobby can be difficult.  When they were working I thought that they were fine. Both mine had 2lb triggers and the slides weren’t super tight like some have complained about.  The reason I think it’s worth the upgrade is that all the higher end guns at my club run like clockwork.  That’s just my experience, but from talking to others it’s not an all together unique one.  

I actually ended up going to CO I got so frustrated

Edited by chenault

5 minutes ago, chenault said:

I do think it’s worth it upgrading for a couple of reasons.  First, if you are going to get really into it, in my experience you will eventually wonder if the grass really is greener, and you will try it.  

Now, I’ve owned 2 Ck open guns and a FGW gun, and I do get to shoot a Limcat, Atlas, and Akai on occasion, so I can give limited feedback.  When running the gun at speed, for me, all the differences between the pistols went out the window and whatever differences I thought I noticed while holding them went out the window also.  With that said.  All my Ck guns went down with cracked slides, at the same time in my case. I know that they had a time period with bad slides, and they made it right, but both took 5 months to get back and getting ahold of Bobby can be difficult.  When they were working I thought that they were fine. Both mine had 2lb triggers and the slides weren’t super tight like some have complained about.  The reason I think it’s worth the upgrade is that all the higher end guns at my club run like clockwork.  That’s just my experience, but from talking to others it’s not an all together unique one.  

I actually ended up going to CO 

Thanks for your tips, Im leaning Atlas and a Holosun on top. I hgave yet to find anyone say anything but positive stuff about Atlas. 

The only guy I know that wasn't stoked about his Atlas had unreal expectations of a gun that was just so amazing that he would instantly go up a class based on increased performance.  I think if you have realistic expectations it would be a great choice.  I love how active Adam is with his customers.

I will say that regardless which you get what really matters more than anything is finding one load that works and just sticking with it and learning the timing and the gun without changing things.  Actually, that was the first thing a GM told me when I got into the sport.  

19 hours ago, chenault said:

The only guy I know that wasn't stoked about his Atlas had unreal expectations of a gun that was just so amazing that he would instantly go up a class based on increased performance.  I think if you have realistic expectations it would be a great choice.  I love how active Adam is with his customers.

I will say that regardless which you get what really matters more than anything is finding one load that works and just sticking with it and learning the timing and the gun without changing things.  Actually, that was the first thing a GM told me when I got into the sport.  

In fairness at least he knows the problem is with him and not his equipment, haha! That's why I always go for the best equipment I can afford, so I know all the sucking is squarely on my own shoulders.

I have a 9mm atlas with Holosun I’ve been shooting since March. Also have a Limcat. Shot venom, CK, and sti dvc before deciding on the atlas.

It will be largely preference and likely what level you shoot at to determine how much difference you find between them.

For what it’s worth I think you chose well. I’d strongly recommend calling them up and telling them you want an aftec fitted in it. I’ve got several videos up of the chaos, Limcat and all last year the tanfo open guns I was running if you want to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk