Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Chaos vs. CK Arms

travisb2352

I have both guns, got the CK  open gun, super tight fitted as in to tight. I put 6k rounds through but the slide cracked at 4K. Gun felt better with the cracked slide as it was now a bit looser fit. Send the gun back as crack got to big. Right before I sent the gun for repair to have new slide put on I ordered a Chaos. As soon as I received the chaos the fit was great ran day one and still going a year and a half later. I never shot the CK when I got it back 6 months after I sent it in and I never will. 

Atlas Chais all the way for me. 

53 minutes ago, Steelix said:

I have both guns, got the CK  open gun, super tight fitted as in to tight. I put 6k rounds through but the slide cracked at 4K. Gun felt better with the cracked slide as it was now a bit looser fit. Send the gun back as crack got to big. Right before I sent the gun for repair to have new slide put on I ordered a Chaos. As soon as I received the chaos the fit was great ran day one and still going a year and a half later. I never shot the CK when I got it back 6 months after I sent it in and I never will. 

Atlas Chais all the way for me. 

How tight was the Chaos when new? I sent a sample of oil to a guy with one and he said it was so tight it slowed the slide down and wouldn’t run. Pretty surprising to hear. 

Edited by Posvar

The Choas was not tight at all. It was perfect from day one. It was like butter smooth. 

CK on other hand had to clean it every 200 rounds or would not run and if I got it hot it would just lock up tight. 

One of the guys on this forum built me and my buddies open guns. They run flawlessly. Never break. My newest one has Phoenix Trinity slide and lower. If Im not mistaken looks like Atlas is running the same usually.

We have a local open shooter who bought a CK last year. Sti slide.....Cracked in a month or two. Then the gun spent 6 months away with CK. As I understand not with Cheely but with the other guy from Georgia. He has not been happy with it or the way he was treated. Bad experience.

Since then he used Venom recently and he is happy.

Heard good things about Atlas and I really appreciate them taking the time to do their troubleshooting and instructional videos....

So im definitely going to say Atlas given the choice between CK and Atlas.

One of the guys on this forum built me and my buddies open guns. They run flawlessly. Never break. My newest one has Phoenix Trinity slide and lower. If Im not mistaken looks like Atlas is running the same usually.
We have a local open shooter who bought a CK last year. Sti slide.....Cracked in a month or two. Then the gun spent 6 months away with CK. As I understand not with Cheely but with the other guy from Georgia. He has not been happy with it or the way he was treated. Bad experience.
Since then he used Venom recently and he is happy.
Heard good things about Atlas and I really appreciate them taking the time to do their troubleshooting and instructional videos....
So im definitely going to say Atlas given the choice between CK and Atlas.

Good customer service is always first then QUALITY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, chenault said:

The only guy I know that wasn't stoked about his Atlas had unreal expectations of a gun that was just so amazing that he would instantly go up a class based on increased performance.  I think if you have realistic expectations it would be a great choice.  I love how active Adam is with his customers.

I will say that regardless which you get what really matters more than anything is finding one load that works and just sticking with it and learning the timing and the gun without changing things.  Actually, that was the first thing a GM told me when I got into the sport.  

Interesting. I think that shows a lack of understanding of how classifications work. Maybe he thought was magically going to buy his way to the top. But I went to open because I understood its extremely competitive. And I wanted to see how I stacked up. And its fast. I wanted to work on improving processing speed etc.
As far as the choice with atlas I went with atlas for a couple personal reasons. I grew up in Vermont and I wanted to support a local business. They run very reliably. And the PT Evo grip. I think cheely and some others are just too slick. Especially down here in the south (im a yankee just stuck here now) it is super aggressive. And it stays planted in your hand no matter how sweaty you are or how humid it is.
I keep a very very detailed round count on mine. Every time I shoot a practice session or a match I log it in an excel spreadsheet. Mine is sitting at 3596 rounds. Ive only had 2 malfunctions. And that was due to me not cleaning mags that I dropped in the dirt. The gun like half chambered 2 rounds on the same stage following dropping em in the dirt.
And as far as how tight the gun is, ive only done it for testing purposes. But Ive shot a practice session, and then two matches Saturday and Sunday. And at about 800 rounds it started cycling a bit sluggishly. You could probably run it longer but I got scared and cleaned it haha

2 hours ago, devilsdenguns said:

Interesting. I think that shows a lack of understanding of how classifications work. Maybe he thought was magically going to buy his way to the top. But I went to open because I understood its extremely competitive. And I wanted to see how I stacked up. And its fast. I wanted to work on improving processing speed etc.
As far as the choice with atlas I went with atlas for a couple personal reasons. I grew up in Vermont and I wanted to support a local business. They run very reliably. And the PT Evo grip. I think cheely and some others are just too slick. Especially down here in the south (im a yankee just stuck here now) it is super aggressive. And it stays planted in your hand no matter how sweaty you are or how humid it is.
I keep a very very detailed round count on mine. Every time I shoot a practice session or a match I log it in an excel spreadsheet. Mine is sitting at 3596 rounds. Ive only had 2 malfunctions. And that was due to me not cleaning mags that I dropped in the dirt. The gun like half chambered 2 rounds on the same stage following dropping em in the dirt.
And as far as how tight the gun is, ive only done it for testing purposes. But Ive shot a practice session, and then two matches Saturday and Sunday. And at about 800 rounds it started cycling a bit sluggishly. You could probably run it longer but I got scared and cleaned it haha

are you shooting 115 or 124 grains out of your chaos? Im looking for good load data while im waiting on my Atlas

I was going to get a Chaos but ended up going full custom because I decided to spend the extra cash and get exactly what I wanted in an open gun! Adam & his guys did an amazing job on my gun, turned out better than I expected! The fit & finish is impeccable and so far, about 900rds into it, not a single failure of any kind! Its run 100% from the start! It is a 38SC and I'm loving the Holosun. The C-more is obsolescent now. If it wasn't for the 510C I would have gone with a  DPP or SRO.

For what its worth, one of my best buds has a CK 9mm major gun that cracked the slide about 4000rds or so in. I know of at least 3 more CK's that have cracked and one was a limited gun that was repaired and cracked again right after it got sent back. My buddy is still waiting for his to return after 4 months and no contact. Its going to be sold soon as it gets back, he's already bought an Akai. Something with CK's metallurgy or heat treat is wrong. They are nice guns but they don't have a very good reputation around here and custom service is lacking.

Go with the Atlas, you won't be disappointed! 

20190618_171510-3024x1470-756x368.jpg

40 minutes ago, travisb2352 said:

are you shooting 115 or 124 grains out of your chaos? Im looking for good load data while im waiting on my Atlas

ooo good question. I honestly have absolutely no issue giving out load data.
If you PM me directly we can exchange numbers and i can text you photos of all my chrono logs. Because I have the Caldwell that blue tooths to my phone. So every shot fired it records MV, the PowerFactor, and Deviation which is really important to me. I'll usually shoot a 10 round string for testing, for every load. And save all of it on my Caldwell app.

But Ive tested WAC

Vita 3n38 and n350 actually

Silhouette

and a few others I cant remember.

Once I started messing with a few different powders i honestly couldn't tell so much of a difference between them that I'd pick one over the other for performance gains. And although i have no issue spending money on firearms or firearm related stuff (especially competitively) I just didn't see the justification of spending that much for Vita. If its twice as expensive it should give me twice the performance. I think what it comes down to once you start messing with 9major powders is getting used to that load and the gun and how the gun tracks or how the dot behaves with that ammo.

I did find that the gun was bouncing a little bit during recoil, and put a 7 pound spring in it. Seemed to have solved the problem.

But I'm running silhouette. 7.7 grains. With a OAL of 1.165 and 124 gr precision delta JHPs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 7:52 AM, travisb2352 said:

went and put a deposit down for an Atlas Chaos w/ a holosun. Cant Wait!

You won’t be disappointed!  You might be shel shocked on the amount of POP its got !!!!!

but 0 movement! If you need load data hit me up my CHAOS has ran 100% with every mag I’ve tried , zero mag tuning with MBx and FLAaaaaaaaaat

Edited by Mlussoro