Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 147 Purple Bullets ??

223to45

Just wondering who makes purple bullets, 9mm 147 .356 or .357

Wife likes purple bullets.

Eggleston no longer in business, that was who we was using before.

Found King Shooters, dont know anything about them. But was wondering just who else is out there.

If it comes to it she will she shoot other stuff, but if purple makes her happy so be it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just wondering who makes purple bullets, 9mm 147 .356 or .357
Wife likes purple bullets.

Eggleston no longer in business, that was who we was using before.

Found King Shooters, dont know anything about them. But was wondering just who else is out there.

If it comes to it she will she shoot other stuff, but if purple makes her happy so be it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PC bullets from King's shooter supply are awesome. great coating and a wonderful local business in Pennsylvania. I stop there monthly after local matches. You can trust them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You're a homer RN. [emoji1787] but he's right, if you're looking for purple off the shelf PC bullets are good. Acme will do custom colors...but at a 30k minimum order iirc. 
lol I just like supporting small businesses. Personally, I use ibejiheads exclusively now as the owner is another small businessman. I'll ask them if they do purple as well

Roger's Better Bullets has been around for a long, long time.  Now it is part of Kings Shooter Supply.  His bullets are Brinell 21.  The purple coating is Hi-Tek and is applied more consistently than Acme.  They are quite accurate.

They also sell remanufactured ammo.  My home club recently bought some to evaluate.  A bunch of shot the various calibers at a match, and accuracy testing afterward.  The consensus was the club will buy the reman ammo for sale to members instead of the various factory ammo they now sell.  Part of the reason is cost.  The rest is they prefer selling poly coated ammo to jacketed.

I'd shoot their bullets even if I hated purple.  I was responsible for testing their 40sw  165gr minor loads.  They were fantastic, and more accurate than Acme and Premier coated bullets.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, zzt said:

Roger's Better Bullets has been around for a long, long time.  Now it is part of Kings Shooter Supply.  His bullets are Brinell 21.  The purple coating is Hi-Tek and is applied more consistently than Acme.  They are quite accurate.

They also sell remanufactured ammo.  My home club recently bought some to evaluate.  A bunch of shot the various calibers at a match, and accuracy testing afterward.  The consensus was the club will buy the reman ammo for sale to members instead of the various factory ammo they now sell.  Part of the reason is cost.  The rest is they prefer selling poly coated ammo to jacketed.

I'd shoot their bullets even if I hated purple.  I was responsible for testing their 40sw  165gr minor loads.  They were fantastic, and more accurate than Acme and Premier coated bullets.

Actually, the PC Bullets are a polymer coating developed by Roger, or so Roger tells me.  This is not the Hi-Tek coating.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:08 PM, Rnlinebacker said:

lol I just like supporting small businesses. Personally, I use ibejiheads exclusively now as the owner is another small businessman. I'll ask them if they do purple as well

Ditto on supporting small business.

1 hour ago, bigdawgbeav said:

Actually, the PC Bullets are a polymer coating developed by Roger, or so Roger tells me.  This is not the Hi-Tek coating.

I’d agree the coating is definitely different. 

1 hour ago, bigdawgbeav said:

Funny.  When they first came out Roger told me they were Hi-Tek coated.  They sure smelled like it when shot.  Maybe he changed sometime later.  I just went down and looked.  The new bullets are definitely a different purple than the first ones.  I'll ask him on Sat if he goes to the match.

48 minutes ago, zzt said:

Funny.  When they first came out Roger told me they were Hi-Tek coated.  They sure smelled like it when shot.  Maybe he changed sometime later.  I just went down and looked.  The new bullets are definitely a different purple than the first ones.  I'll ask him on Sat if he goes to the match.

Yea, he mentioned to me it was a polymer coating that he developed himself.  No one else is using this coating.

Edited by bigdawgbeav

• 3 weeks later...