Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Protective Cover for Holosun HS510C

4 minutes ago, 412 said:

I am using a Scopecoat for a EOTech XPS2.

I saw Scopecoat's web site and a few of their models looked like they might work but I couldn't tell which one.   Thanks for the recommendation. 

Edited by SteelCityShooter

1 hour ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I just got the Scopecoat  for the EOTech XPS2 and 3 and it fits very well, almost as if it was made specifically for the Holosun.  Thanks again for the recommendation.

Wish they made one for RTS2.

2 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I just got the Scopecoat  for the EOTech XPS2 and 3 and it fits very well, almost as if it was made specifically for the Holosun.  Thanks again for the recommendation.

Mine will be here Friday. Thanks for the update!

23 minutes ago, 412 said:

Sarge, will the Scopecoat SC-12HE01Bk is for the rts and Deltapoint work?

Yes I bet it would. Originally read your post wrong and thought you were referring to the 510c.

Edited by lacivilian

On 4/25/2019 at 12:49 AM, chevrofreak said:

I saw on Amazon that new 510's are coming with a cover

I don't think it's a factory cover and Holosun's web site says nothing about a cover for the 510 even as an accessory. 

That Amazon offer is a combination of the 510 with a cover.  They don't specify who the maker is but it looks like the Scopecoat discussed above.  They have several other offers of the 510 alone with no cover.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, SteelCityShooter said:

Mine arrived yesterday, confirmed!

IMG_20190427_094215301-1612x1209.jpg

Guys I own ssdscopecovers.com

We are hoping to have a cover designed for this scope very soon. 

We will have two types one with a tab that allows you to connect your favorite chamber flag to a Paracord that will attach it to the cover and one without. I am not sure if the cover without is really needed as I think this sight is mainly meant for rifles?  

We have covers for the RTS2 CMore Slideride, Delta Point Pro, Sig Romeo 1 and the RMR all with or without the tab. 

FYI all the proceeds from these covers help support my daughters shooting she started shooting over a year ago never shot a gun before that after 6 months she went to the worlds in Alabama finish 2 nd in A class third in Women’s in Rimfire Open Pistol she’s feel in love with shooting 

2 hours ago, airsiler said:

Guys I own ssdscopecovers.com

We are hoping to have a cover designed for this scope very soon. 

We will have two types one with a tab that allows you to connect your favorite chamber flag to a Paracord that will attach it to the cover and one without. I am not sure if the cover without is really needed as I think this sight is mainly meant for rifles?  

We have covers for the RTS2 CMore Slideride, Delta Point Pro, Sig Romeo 1 and the RMR all with or without the tab. 

FYI all the proceeds from these covers help support my daughters shooting she started shooting over a year ago never shot a gun before that after 6 months she went to the worlds in Alabama finish 2 nd in A class third in Women’s in Rimfire Open Pistol she’s feel in love with shooting 

Great to hear! I need a cover ASAP, and no some of us have started using them on Open guns.

I mounted the 510c to my open gun and used Proto Puddy aka Oogoo. It’s a mixture of silicone, food coloring, and cornstarch. Tapped off my optic and formed this moldable rubber around it. After it’s cured you can take it off trim to your liking and you have a rubber scope cover. 7CA2F01D-B48C-46BC-BD5E-B6467ECCEB26_zps14D37900-BEBE-4F21-A81E-BA20F6EB021D_zps7E5254EB-0F9A-4847-8E5E-B0442D1F8AAD_zps

On 5/5/2019 at 1:27 AM, fatjoe123111 said:

I mounted the 510c to my open gun and used Proto Puddy aka Oogoo. It’s a mixture of silicone, food coloring, and cornstarch. Tapped off my optic and formed this moldable rubber around it. After it’s cured you can take it off trim to your liking and you have a rubber scope cover. 

Where did you buy the putty?  How long does it take to cure?