Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did you find this site?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody sent me a link to one of the message threads (might have been on the IPSC e-mail list or on Matt Burkett's site, now that I try and remember) and I started snooping around.  I spent about 4 hours on the site that day.

Me too Bonedaddy,

I found this website written on a wall with cordite in a mens water-closet in the Black Hills of SoDak near Lead-Deadwood....or maybe it was on the 1880 train...hehe

Actually,

after I was told that I should shoot in competition because I was so good I went home, went on Google, and found Brian Enos old website...

(Many

people told me I was good.

Good my A$$, I have been sucking hind tit since I started competition, but it is so much fun..).

Some years ago I bought Brian´s video "Competition Reloading". This video gave me the "kick" to start reloading. I think I watched this tape about one hundred times or more.

Then I bought his book "shooting beyond ...". After that I was looking for some more Informations.

So "google" did the job for me to find what I wanted.

I got a couple of the Nationals videos for Christmas last year.  After watching them for the third or fourth time, I thought that at least one of the top guns had to have a website ---- si I wrote down a bunch of names, put www. in front of them and .com behind 'em, and plugged 'em into my browser and Voila!  Search engine? Real men don't need no stinking browser......

Of course now that I've discovered Google, I'm changing my mind about a lot of things....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this site recommended in a post @ 1911forums.com. I have to admit my first reaction was... Brian Eno, the Music for Airports guy is now into shooting???

Oh well, i've had a Lot of hobbies over the years (Radio Radio Controlled Model Airplanes, Ham Radio, High Power Rocketry...) and didn't have a clue to who Brian was.    Until now.

This is a Great site, lots of info, folks get along, and a host that Takes the time to help every way he can, including Zen!

mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got my blaster back from the shop and I noticed all this pinkish goo around the cone on my comp so I asked the smith about it.  He said "Oh, that's the crap that Brian sells on his website."  "What crap?  Brian who?"  An hour later I had found the "Words" section of this site and I was hooked.  I also have slathered most of my firearms with various amounts of Slide Glide.  Thanks BE.

-jhgtyre

Many moons ago I went to Matt Burkett's page after reading his articles in Front Sights.  Through that I went to the SV site and came to BE.   I was a crappy D shooter a year a go and got my B card last month.

thanks guys.

He may not like it but i credit Twix.   Althought he's not really Twix anymore!!!

I came, I saw,  and  I screwed up.  

I've played the ass several times here but I've also learned a tremendous amount from everyone here.  I ordered a timer and chrono from brian and love it.  I've stopped posting stoopid questions ( I've tried at least !!!) and I've tried to convey the knowledge that I've learned along the way.  This site has earned my respect,  cost me money,  got me in trouble with the 'in ' crowd before i even knew who they were and given me a constant source of information about the sport that I am trying like hell to get into.  Thanks be...