Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI no longer selling Edge

muncie21

Looking at STI's website they are no longer making the Edge.  I'm glad that I picked up one before they made the change.  Now the only full size (5" barrel) pistol that's setup for Limited (.40) is the DVC-L, which has a list price of $3K.  So no more $2K entry type limited guns from STI.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, muncie21 said:

Looking at STI's website they are no longer making the Edge.  I'm glad that I picked up one before they made the change.  Now the only full size (5" barrel) pistol that's setup for Limited (.40) is the DVC-L, which has a list price of $3K.  So no more $2K entry type limited guns from STI.

Patience.........

According to Pignato, the Edge's replacement will be released at NRA Indy.  The Staccato L.

👍

2 hours ago, jayb said:

Dawson Precision still has STI Edges in factory guns, CRP pistols and Supertuned.  They also have the DVC L.

And they're having sales on them. I just picked up a Super Tuned, almost $500 off. Plus, they still have them hard chromed. Most custom gunmakers are all going to the DLC finish.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:56 AM, muncie21 said:

It appears CK's "The Solution" is the only new 2011 limited gun in the $2k range.  There's probably something else out there I don't know of though..

https://ckarms.com/the-limited-solution.html

6 minutes ago, Rosswoodford said:

It appears CK's "The Solution" is the only new 2011 limited gun in the $2k range.  There's probably something else out there I don't know of though..

https://ckarms.com/the-limited-solution.html

And you do not get a magazine with it.

From their web site.  Read the last line.

CK Arms LDC 5" Solution Series CKA 1069

• .40 S&W Caliber (Also available in 9mm, 10mm, .357 Sig & .38 Super/SuperComp)
  • Graphite Black Cerakote with stainless barrel and controls
  • CK Arms hi-cap modular frame
  • CK Arms carbon steel slide
  • STI polymer grip
  • Round Top slide
  • Classic extractor
  • EB fire controls
  • FGW Single thumb safety
  • FGW trapped beavertail
  • KKM Precision bull barrel
  • Bomar style adj rear sight
  • Fiber Optic front sight
  • XL firing pin
  • Wolff springs

*No Magazine included

2 minutes ago, RePete said:

And you do not get a magazine with it.

From their web site.  Read the last line.

Oh I was aware of that, but the point still stands.  What did new Edges used to come with? I bought mine used with no magazines anyway, so I wouldn't have known.

52 minutes ago, Rosswoodford said:

Oh I was aware of that, but the point still stands.  What did new Edges used to come with? I bought mine used with no magazines anyway, so I wouldn't have known.

They came with 1 magazine.  At least you could go shoot it once you had it rather than chasing down mags.

2 hours ago, RePete said:

They came with 1 magazine.  At least you could go shoot it once you had it rather than chasing down mags.

Wasn't it a 126mm mag too? I'd rather the CK with no mags over an edge with 1 mag I'll never use.

18 hours ago, Bmeehan19 said:

SPS Pantera is under 2k. Maybe like $1800 with one mag. Mine runs great. 

Pantera is right around 1400, or atleast it was when I bought mine 5 months ago. They run right out of the box. Masterfully fitted slide to frame and barrel. Dead accurate. Come hardcromed too. 2.5lb trigger. No need to send it out to get “tuned”. I’ve put about 5k rounds though it and the gun has never malfunctioned once. One of the best investments I’ve made. 

I don’t think you can rely on them to stay around forsale forever though. Eagle imported a fixed number and when those dry up idk if they’re going to do more. You already can’t get the vista short 9mm anymore, only 38s left. They just started importing a new open gun, the “rapido” which is a para based gun. I think it’s a mistake and they should have imported another 2011 based gun. 

19 hours ago, RePete said:

most of mine came with 2, but one of them came with 2 126mm mags, which is more useless to me than zero mags.

Pantera is right around 1400, or atleast it was when I bought mine 5 months ago. They run right out of the box. Masterfully fitted slide to frame and barrel. Dead accurate. Come hardcromed too. 2.5lb trigger. No need to send it out to get “tuned”. I’ve put about 5k rounds though it and the gun has never malfunctioned once. One of the best investments I’ve made. 

I don’t think you can rely on them to stay around forsale forever though. Eagle imported a fixed number and when those dry up idk if they’re going to do more. You already can’t get the vista short 9mm anymore, only 38s left. They just started importing a new open gun, the “rapido” which is a para based gun. I think it’s a mistake and they should have imported another 2011 based gun. 

Man I may have to look into one of these. I don’t own a .40 pistol. Do they make them in .40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, mattmann said:

Man I may have to look into one of these. I don’t own a .40 pistol. Do they make them in .40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, mines a 40 for limited. They make the panteras in 9/40/45. And the vista open guns in 9 and 38 super. Mine is a piece of art. 

And mine in 40. These pics were taken right when I got it. I’ve since changed out some of the small parts due to my preferences. Dawson extended firing pin, Dawson extended mag release. Extreme engineering ingnition kit. And and at some point I’d like to add a SVI long flat trigger as I have big mitts. A metal grip like a pt evo would make it even better, but I can’t afford it now. 

163A14E3-11DB-4D3E-84AF-7E5C911F673D.jpeg