muncie21

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 8:25 AM, HOGRIDER said:

Patience.........

According to Pignato, the Edge's replacement will be released at NRA Indy.  The Staccato L.

👍

I didn’t see any announcement from STI other than Todd Jarrett joining the team on Friday. Maybe they are holding off...?

They really need to come out with SOMETHING that will fit the competition market (besides the DVC's). 

I really loved their Marauder/Hawk for 3 gun. They need a staccato version without a goofy recoil master.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jschweg said:

Anyone got any new dirt on this theoretical Staccato L?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sti posted a picture of one on their Instagram recently.  Basically the STI Tactical 5.0 with the fixed ledge sights and a butler cut. Only difference appears to be the stacatto cocking serrations and a mild highpower cut. 

7BDB5B62-D604-426D-9065-1EA9BD1B5132.thumb.jpeg.fc6c8d85061e260e12d5f025e4ed4e7a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

The Stacatto serrations are far more functional than the old standard STI style serrations.  They're deep enough that they probably do give a bit of slide lightening as well.

I haven’t seen a stacatto in person but never had any issues with the serrations on any of the eagles, edges or tactical models I’ve owned.  I’m not sure it’s a value add for me. 

Sti posted a picture of one on their Instagram recently.  Basically the STI Tactical 5.0 with the fixed ledge sights and a butler cut. Only difference appears to be the stacatto cocking serrations and a mild highpower cut. 

7BDB5B62-D604-426D-9065-1EA9BD1B5132.thumb.jpeg.fc6c8d85061e260e12d5f025e4ed4e7a.jpeg

This is the Staccato P though, which is their "duty" gun with a 4 inch barrel. I was thinking that they were going to release something with a 5 inch barrel and more akin to what the Edge used to be.

23 minutes ago, jschweg said:

This is the Staccato P though, which is their "duty" gun with a 4 inch barrel. I was thinking that they were going to release something with a 5 inch barrel and more akin to what the Edge used to be.

I'm pretty sure that's a 5" gun. 

I know it says Staccato P on the patch, but that's not a short flashlight. 

I'm pretty sure that's a 5" gun.  I know it says Staccato P on the patch, but that's not a short flashlight. 

Yeah you're right. Just a 5 inch version of the P. Cool, but I wish it had adjustable sights out of the box. That wouldn't really make sense for what they are going for with the Scaccato line though so I get that. 

If the 4 inch version is 2k, the new 5 inch version ain't gonna come in at that price. Oh well.

1 hour ago, jschweg said:

Yeah you're right. Just a 5 inch version of the P. Cool, but I wish it had adjustable sights out of the box. That wouldn't really make sense for what they are going for with the Scaccato line though so I get that. 

If the 4 inch version is 2k, the new 5 inch version ain't gonna come in at that price. Oh well.

I don’t think they charge by the inch. 

I’m indifferent on adjustable sights. The ledge sights coming on the staccatos (and tacticals before them) are awesome.  Arguably my favorite style of 1911 sights.  A lot more work to get zero’d, but once you do that you’ve got a rear sight that will last for ever. 

My akai is set up pretty much the same as the 5” gun above. Same sights and butler cut.  I’d have no problem picking up an sti in that configuration for a backup gun. 

Edited by tha1000

11 hours ago, tha1000 said:

I haven’t seen a stacatto in person but never had any issues with the serrations on any of the eagles, edges or tactical models I’ve owned.  I’m not sure it’s a value add for me. 

The slide serrations on my Edges  are functional and work fine for me.  I have DVC and not so happy with the 'grip' on those serrations.  Hopefully the next-gen pistols don't go the way of the previous-gen DVC.

12 hours ago, tha1000 said:

I think you will agree, once you fondle one.

23 hours ago, geraldskip said:

Staccato P5 is same retail as the Staccato P. 

$2000. 

It’s marketed towards LEOs. I’m pretty sure this is not what is replacing the edge. That will be a different gun. 

I want one regardless. When I do uspsa matches I do them for fun and to be able to move while shooting which most ranges don't normally allow, not to be the big fish at the local match. I split my time between shooting and other hobbies to the extent that I don't think I'll ever hit M class shooting (though that would be cool) and struggle to stay at a B class level as I practice very casually.

12 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I want one regardless. When I do uspsa matches I do them for fun and to be able to move while shooting which most ranges don't normally allow, not to be the big fish at the local match. I split my time between shooting and other hobbies to the extent that I don't think I'll ever hit M class shooting (though that would be cool) and struggle to stay at a B class level as I practice very casually.

I have a thing for butler cuts and high power cuts so i agree. 

I need that Staccato P5.