Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

510c first 500 RD's

IDAHOAASHOOTER

On 2/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: You are not the first with the DPP getting dimmer. You will like the Holosun 510C. Just remove the cover to make it lighter. Thanks, Eric

Eric … have you experienced any problem with the sun shinning on the lens since removing the cover  ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello: No I have not had a problem with the sun shinning at the precise angle to mess me up yet. The worst I ever had for that was when I lived in Texas and shooting a carbine and PCC with a C-More. The high humidity and bright mourning sun did that. One trick you can do is tape off the front of the scope so no sun can shine through. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

After a little bit of filing managed to mount 510c on my gun today. Tomorrow will be first test. My only potential concern are extraction issues. I'm a little bit surprosed by the size of the window 🙂

7v4zaRT.jpg9Zhcykt.jpg5DghYnW.jpg

Edited by KrisS

OK so I wanted to change the ejection pattern and adjusted the angle of the ejector. Now no ejection issues, ejection pattern is lower and more to the back (around 4pm) and brass rarely hits the red dot. There are tow cases when it happens: if the splits are sub 15-17 ms and slide starts to come back too early and brass bounces from the back of slide and then from the back / edge of red dot or as I am using the different pickup brass when the brass is somehow used / in bad shape.

Overall I am vey satisfied with this setup. We will see how it will behave in longer run

Link to video with current ejection pattern

https://i.imgur.com/7cYKz0N.mp4

So after 1st match with new optics the impression is great !

I was initially concerned with the additionall weight, unscrewing the mount, brass ejection, dot dancing like crazy due to weight etc but.....nothing like that happened 😉

After mounting it as any other optic with red loctite (put some nail enamel check marks on the heads of the screws to see if it is unscrewing) after roughly 700 rounds I can say this setup works as expected and is awsome !

Although it is big due to window size mostly and sits a little bit higher than my previously mounted red dot plus it is a little bit heavier, those are not issues in real life at all and the benefits for me are:

- really easy to find the dot even with one/weak  hand shooting from some unusuall positions.

- transitions are much easier as you can see the dot moving to the target you will be shootiong earlier so less time wasted trying to "find it"

- ejection pattern is fixed after small modification/tuning of ejector - so zero stovepipes / ejection problems so far.

- all the benefits of different reticles (I shoot mostly the circle only but the dot is also fine in yterms of size/brightness - tested by trial)

Wondering how it will hold in the long run but this is not real concern atm.

I am very satisfied !