510c first 500 RD's

IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. I’d call again. They are a small outfit and don’t always call back right away. Great people though and AJ will take great care of you. Or Julian or Christian, etc. 

bjB4IWc.jpgGot to shoot it today some before the rain came pouring down. First impression is that you can feel the weight on top and slightly forward but when shooting it disappears. I’ll have over 1k on it by Saturday and a good match under my belt to test it as well. Then another 500+ in live fire next week and an 8 stage match on the 20th. Should be a good test. The dot is nice and I love the large window. Threw out the battery it came with and installed a Duracell. Loving it so far. 

I shot it about 150 rounds to zero it in today. Has anyone had any issues with the windage screw having to go all the way to hard stop R and the gun still shoots left at 20 yards? Its about 2” left right now. That’s offhand. I’ll bench it Friday but it’s bothering me. 

I shot it about 150 rounds to zero it in today. Has anyone had any issues with the windage screw having to go all the way to hard stop R and the gun still shoots left at 20 yards? Its about 2” left right now. That’s offhand. I’ll bench it Friday but it’s bothering me. 
Have not had that issue either

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, Posvar said:

Probably a mount issue

On 4/9/2019 at 4:11 PM, Posvar said:

I think I see your issue. You have a wide frame? The Limcat mount is made for a narrow frame. your dot is probably off centered over the bore? I would think the windage would have enough adjustment to make up for it but maybe not.

1 minute ago, Shmella said:

I think I see your issue. You have a wide frame? The Limcat mount is made for a narrow frame. your dot is probably off centered over the bore? I would think the windage would have enough adjustment to make up for it but maybe not.

I will need to measure the frame. The optic is perfectly centered over the bore. I ended up taking it off last night and put the DPP back on so I can shoot it at a match Saturday. 

Just bought 510C for PCC(and really like ti), but didn't took mount of so what is the weight compared to RTS2/DPP? Little bit worried of the mount beating itself to oblivion with open gun. Well getting any parts from US to EU is PITA anyway. 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: No I have not had a problem with the sun shinning at the precise angle to mess me up yet. The worst I ever had for that was when I lived in Texas and shooting a carbine and PCC with a C-More. The high humidity and bright mourning sun did that. One trick you can do is tape off the front of the scope so no sun can shine through. Thanks, Eric

I have done the tape over front of lens but my poi changes both with pistol and carbine. Is that something you have noticed also?

2 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Yes. I use their single side wide frame mount on a wide frame gun and dot is centered.

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

Nice. Do you have popple holes? I do on my 5"bbl and am concerned I may need a blast shield of some type.

Mine is a mid length atlas chaos with 2 popples and no it doesn’t get anything on the glass. I was shocked that it didn’t.

If you have any questions on the mounts don’t hesitate to email the maker. He is great to deal with and super fast to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Mine is a mid length atlas chaos with 2 popples and no it doesn’t get anything on the glass. I was shocked that it didn’t.

If you have any questions on the mounts don’t hesitate to email the maker. He is great to deal with and super fast to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks