Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

510c first 500 RD's

IDAHOAASHOOTER

So, to be blunt I really like this dot. I didn't get a chance to sight it in before the match so I showed up early, found zero, drew from the holster a few times and went to the shooters meeting. 

I don't have the best eyes, so the larger dot window makes a huge difference. I tried the circle and dot the first few stages, (granted this was an outlaw match and all steel except for one classifiers. )

It was a little goofy so I went to just the dot. I could draw and aquire much faster than my rts2. First shots were considerably faster, I didn't feel as slow on transition from Target to Target I never caught myself over running targets in transition. 

It was absolute s#!t weather low 30's and windy, but I wanted to get out and try this new optic. I have to say from the perspective of a very low B shooter I liked it and will be sticking with it! 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good to me... I have one coming in this week.

I normally run a deltapoint and am getting frustrated with the 2 moa... I could’ve sworn it was a good dot when I got it a year ago... but right now I feel like it’s lost its brightness? If that’s even possible...

I peeked at a friends rts2 yesterday and it was literally double the brightness of my deltapoint... (it was a 6moa though)

Looking forward to running the 510 soon.
Thanks for your review.

[mention=62101]bigbob21[/mention] batteries matter more than you think. Does it have a quality name brand battery in it, and is it new?

@memphismechanic

Yea I thought it might be battery related...

Maybe it’s bc I took winter off, but once I started practicing and shooting again in January I noticed the dot was hard to see... it’s not the weather, as it’s pretty much always sunny in Texas.

Changed batteries twice in the past two months with energizers... I just chalked it up to maybe my eyes.

Me wanting the 510 was irrespective of my recent concerns tho.

Had be interested in the bigger window size and finally decided to try it.

i love my 510c on my pcc. when they first started getting cool i got one on my open gun using the tevo single sided mount and i loved it. dot was easy to find, and i didn't mind the size. i would only use the dot tho. unlessss i shot weak hand, then i would use "eotech" reticle.

after about a month on my 38SC open gun, it completely died. holosun did warranty it out quick and painless tho

Sounds good to me... I have one coming in this week.

I normally run a deltapoint and am getting frustrated with the 2 moa... I could’ve sworn it was a good dot when I got it a year ago... but right now I feel like it’s lost its brightness? If that’s even possible...

I peeked at a friends rts2 yesterday and it was literally double the brightness of my deltapoint... (it was a 6moa though)

Looking forward to running the 510 soon.
Thanks for your review.

Sounds like you need to wipe your emitter glass off. I’d hit it with a qtip and touch of vinegar. I had this a while back and freaked out before I figured it out. The DPP is one of the most intense dots I’ve ever seen.

2 hours ago, ViktorCistic said:

Are U ok with 2 moa dot in 510c ?

Odesláno z mého ONEPLUS A3003 pomocí Tapatalk

I was certainly concerned about the dot being to small, but as you extend your arms the reticle gets larger and brighter. If you leave it on the circle/dot reticle you will notice it ALOT more from when you first draw u til your at full arms length. Not as noticeable with just the center dot on the screen. 

Does anyone have a photo that compares the 510c to an upright slideride and a RTS2 from the back to better visualize the height of the optic?

58d93f4fc0ab1b037fb6d82147818739.jpg
/\ taken from an old forum post I saved a while back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to be very close to the same ride height...

I don’t have an rts2... but I have a dpp and currently installing my new 510 right now.

My dpp is .48” and my 510 is .5” without mounting plates or mounts, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had ejection issues.  The back end of the optic was dinged up from brass hitting and getting flicked back in to the ejection port.  I tried moving the scope mount forward one screw hole so that I was only using 4 of the 5 mount screws.  No ejection issues after that.