Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SHOT Show: SIG unveils Romeo 2

MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, LawDog324 said:

During my quest to find a red dot for my X5 I had placed a  Romeo 1 in my wish list at Optic Planet so it would be easy to compare prices. I log on yesterday and checking some other items and got a notice from the that the manufacturer had discontinued one of my items and it was no longer available, it was the Romeo 1.  

I ended up going with the Vortex Razor mounted on a springer plate.

Interesting. They seem to be clearing their inventory. They are literally giving them away right now with the purchase of a Coyote X-Carry. $649 for the gun and the R1 at Cabela's/Bass Pro right now. I wonder if those are new or refurbed R1's, but they are obviously wanting to clear them out.

Good choice on the Vortex!

Edited by jejb

Max Michel's been working with Sig on development of the "new" Romeo 3 MAX .......it seems to be wonderful in all respects (but we've heard that before, time will tell).......it will apparently be available to consumers at the end of July/2019....one thing I find rather strange is I heard it shares the same footprint as the Vortex Razor and CMore RTS2, strange as the footprint for Romeo 1 was the DeltaPoint Pro...you can view some info on the Romeo 3 MAX on Max Michel's Facebook page

3 hours ago, BobRockefeller said:

Perhaps that can be taken as a sign of a near-term release, or at least the announcement, of its replacement(s)? I'm especially interested in the ROMEO2 and hope it's a good competitor to the DPP and RMR.

If it's Optics Planet, that could be six months, based on previous experience with similar items from SIG.  I have had certain items on order 13 months, finally cancelled.

7 hours ago, race1911 said:

Max Michel's been working with Sig on development of the "new" Romeo 3 MAX .......it seems to be wonderful in all respects (but we've heard that before, time will tell).......it will apparently be available to consumers at the end of July/2019....one thing I find rather strange is I heard it shares the same footprint as the Vortex Razor and CMore RTS2, strange as the footprint for Romeo 1 was the DeltaPoint Pro...you can view some info on the Romeo 3 MAX on Max Michel's Facebook page

That may well be, the adaptor I got from springer for my Razor was listed as fitting the current Romeo 3 and Cmore, maybe it will stay the same as far as fit footprint.

I don't understand way the same manufacturer use different footprints on their red dots. When I was checking for adaptor plates springer listed the Vortex Razor, Viper and Venom and each had a different adaptor to install it on an X5. 

To bad they can't just come up with one standard footprint that all pistols could be milled to then we could get what we want. I have obviously lost my mind, that will never happen!!!

DK

The Romeo3 wasn't designed for direct slide mounting, but it's what Max went with because he preferred the height of the window when compared to the R1. The R3 mostly has a RTS2 footprint due to obvious shared heritage. 

Not sure why SIG originally sent with a nonstandard footprint for the R1, but they are slowly migrating to the DPP footprint for the R2 and R1Pro. 

It would surprise me if they didn't make something P320 related specific to the R3Max when that becomes available, but we will have to wait and see what and whenever that might be. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this Optic but I may go with that new Trijicon SRO. There have been a ton of guys in my area who’s CO guns have been eating dots from every brand. Most have been on Steel frame CZ’s, but the plastic gun Guys have been having it happen too. My Romeo1 has 10-12k rounds and hasn’t missed a beat ,but I’d be lying if I said that it hasn’t been in my mind. The Romeo 3 has been out, but sig specifically says that it is not designed for a slide mounted guns. What has changed other then the labeling? I’m not sure if I’d be willing to drop $600 on the Max version. I’ve definitely been at a crossroads on what to do

Edited by PewPewJohnson87
Grammar

Sig is unfortunately doing Sig things again, releasing a bunch of high priced new and slightly different products.  You have no idea what's going be good or not or still supported in a couple years.  Romeo 2, R1 pro, multiple new R3's 😬

• 1 month later...
Any updates on release dates for any r2 or r3 max?

When I spoke to Optics Planet last week they were expecting a batch of 17 R3Max early August, all spoken for. R1Pro is expected to arrive late August, customer list slightly bigger at 25. I was excited to try the R3Max until I called Springer and heard no ETA on an adaptor plate to mount R3Max to the X5 Legion. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, flagship gun & flagship sight aren’t compatible. Sig has the strangest business model. 

My guess is Sig improved R1Pro to be more robust and will recommend it as the preferred slide mount use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk