Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Tactical Sport/TSO threaded barrel

Garmil

On 11/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, CZaddict said:

Hey there i know this thread is old, but i recently just ordered one in 9mm for my TSO and it came in. installed with no fitting at all with a solid fit, i put a SJC 5 port compensator on it that i had re shaped for my old shadow target 2 and it looks really nice in my opinion. great budget czechmate alternative.

resize IMG_20201110_120436.jpg

Are you shooting Major out of it or Minor?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why can't we get an answer on this? It seems like if the barrel handles major as well as the czechmate barrel, than any old 9mm TS could be made into an open pistol with the right screw on comp.  You'd think CZC would weigh in on this, at least by saying "Some customers are using it with major PF ammo with success, but we make no guarantees".  

Excellent customer service as usual from CZC.  They  replied within the hour:

Me: "Hi, Shooters on the Enos forum, including myself, are very keen to know if
the threaded 9mm TS barrel can be used with major PF ammo. You know, budget
czechmate and all... Please reply!"

CZC: "The barrel is fine. Like all things, major accelerates wear and slide stops."

There you have it.  They are GTG for major, with the understanding that Open major guns like to break stuff, as per usual.    

On 11/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, obsessiveshooter said:

Why can't we get an answer on this? It seems like if the barrel handles major as well as the czechmate barrel, than any old 9mm TS could be made into an open pistol with the right screw on comp.  You'd think CZC would weigh in on this, at least by saying "Some customers are using it with major PF ammo with success, but we make no guarantees".  

One thing that I’m sure you’re aware of regarding the Czechmate comp versus a TSO. 

I would still pick a Czechmate with Sebo Comp over a TSO with threaded barrel and traditional screw on comp. 

The Czechmate comp is screw on… but it’s captured on the guide rod and the cone on the comp acts as the bushing for the barrel when locked in place. 

When the pistol is fired, the slide starts moving and the front of the barrel is able to move downwards because there’s no traditional bushing in the slide, just an empty gap. 

So the comp doesn’t tilt upwards on the end of a tilting barrel. It stays level which is closer to the fixed comps of 2011s.

I wonder if that slight difference in operation makes that big of a difference in the recoil impulse.  Especially when the whole world of 1/2 x 28 comps are out there to be tried.  I don't want to be the one to try them all though!  Why don't one of you guys buy them all, do empirical testing and report back, lol?  The ideal scenario is that I buy an old style waffle checkering 9mm TS that has sat in someone's safe for years for like $900, buy the CZC barrel, comp, and dot mount, and I've got an open rig for like $1400 that feels identical in hand to my Limited pistol.  I'd sell me PCC I never shoot to fund that!

Edited by obsessiveshooter

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, obsessiveshooter said:

Excellent customer service as usual from CZC.  They  replied within the hour:

Me: "Hi, Shooters on the Enos forum, including myself, are very keen to know if
the threaded 9mm TS barrel can be used with major PF ammo. You know, budget
czechmate and all... Please reply!"

CZC: "The barrel is fine. Like all things, major accelerates wear and slide stops."

There you have it.  They are GTG for major, with the understanding that Open major guns like to break stuff, as per usual.    

It's about time! Finally we have an answer. I knew I wasn't the only one haunted by this dead thread. Now for someone to figure out which screw on comp works best with this setup and we're golden. 

By way of interest the Shadow 2 barrel diameter is the same as the tactical sport.

Also the hood and lugs are the same czechmate, to tactical sport orange to shadow 2.. the barrels will swap across.

I put the 40 barrel from my orange tac sport into the shadow 2 it fit fine. If the breachface was the right size then I could shoot 40 in it!

I have shot 9mm in the tac sport 40 with just a 9mm tac barrel, that was fine.

Barsto used to have 6" shadow 2 barrels and have "extended and threaded" barrels 

https://barsto.com/product/cz-shadow-shadow2-9mm-extended-threaded/

Im wondering if one of these with a tac sport length would work well.

I have emailed them asking about a 5.22" with 14x1 thread pitch the same as the czechmate... as czechmate barrels are non existent at present.. If they can do this and vary barrel lengths.. well there will be a good solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone aware of an extended length guide rod that is compatible with the TSO, perhaps from a czechmate etc.? My thinking is that if one were to use an extended length guide rod (say by a quarter of an inch), that a screw on comp could be used without the need for a set screw/ loctite type combination to secure the comp. This would give a similar attachment system to other traditional screw on comps seen on open guns, where the comp is retained by the guide rod. Is my logic flawed here? 

7 hours ago, CC3D said:

Is anyone aware of an extended length guide rod that is compatible with the TSO, perhaps from a czechmate etc.? My thinking is that if one were to use an extended length guide rod (say by a quarter of an inch), that a screw on comp could be used without the need for a set screw/ loctite type combination to secure the comp. This would give a similar attachment system to other traditional screw on comps seen on open guns, where the comp is retained by the guide rod. Is my logic flawed here? 

There is no one for sale. You will have to do it yourself. Like me.😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

Here's a good comp to try, from Toni Systems.  As a bonus, they make optic mounts, grips and easily the nicest magwells for the TS. 

Screenshot_20211222-121906_Chrome.jpg

Does anyone know how to get ahold of this comp.  Went to their site and it appears they will only sell to dealers.

Anyone in the US carry Toni System parts?

Looking to build an open major TSO and want to try this comp out.