Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Tactical Sport/TSO threaded barrel

Garmil

1 hour ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

first i would just knock out your bushing and see if the sebo cone comp fits into the slide without boring it out.

does anybody have a picture of a checkmate slide without a barrel in it ?

ideally you would want that cone to match up to a taper in the inside of the slide rather than a 90DEG corner.

I plan on removing the barrel bushing in the next day or two, and seeing if my extra Sebo comp will fit inside or not. I located a new guide rod designed for the TSO but its longer than the factory 95.5mm, and its 112mm. Using my calipers, it will just barely extend past the end of the slide. If it works, you would leave the plastic sleeve for the guide rod in the frame, and just use the longer 112mm guide rod and spring just like the TSO uses already. I outsourced a barrel from Bar-Sto and they will fit the barrel, comp, and slide, plus ream the barrel using my dummy round for $400. Considering all that, $400 isnt a bad price since I had to pay a gunsmith to have my titanium Sebo comp fit to my Czechmate, so that cost me over $400 between the work and the comp itself. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RoJo3430 said:

I plan on removing the barrel bushing in the next day or two, and seeing if my extra Sebo comp will fit inside or not. I located a new guide rod designed for the TSO but its longer than the factory 95.5mm, and its 112mm. Using my calipers, it will just barely extend past the end of the slide. If it works, you would leave the plastic sleeve for the guide rod in the frame, and just use the longer 112mm guide rod and spring just like the TSO uses already. I outsourced a barrel from Bar-Sto and they will fit the barrel, comp, and slide, plus ream the barrel using my dummy round for $400. Considering all that, $400 isnt a bad price since I had to pay a gunsmith to have my titanium Sebo comp fit to my Czechmate, so that cost me over $400 between the work and the comp itself. 

The OD of the bushing (17.3mm)

is larger than the OD of the cone on the comp (16.5mm).

7 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I just got news that the clamp-on compensator for CZ platform will be produced in the next 2 weeks FYI.

Just get an extended barrel. CZC and CZ-USA sell 6" barrels, and you can custom order them from Bar-Sto as well. If you're using them in 0.55" bushing slides (SP-01, TS, S2, etc.) you could use a 0.50" bushing for the CZC and CZ-USA 6" barrels, or have Bar-Sto make you any OD you need. You could also use them in ACCU bushing slides with the correct OD.

New update. I removed the barrel bushing from my TSO, and used my Czechmate’s barrel and Sebo comp to get an idea if its going to work. It appears it will work fine once Bar-Sto makes me a barrel with longer threads which they can. As far as the guide rod system, its going to be easiest to utilize the insert the gun already uses. I will need a new guide rod that is approximately 118mm in length. This will allow the guide rod to sit just inside the edge of the Sebo comp, and the sleeve insert will keep it lined up when functioning. I tested the functionality of this using my Czechmate barrel and Sebo comp, and everything fits nicely. I contacted a local gun machinist shop about making a custom guide rod. I will try and meet with them next week to see if they can make me one out of stainless steel. If he can, I told him others would be interested as well. I’ll keep everyone posted. 

32 minutes ago, CC3D said:

Can you attach some pictures so we can get an idea of how everything fits? 

Yes, Please? I would love to see some photos.. been watching and visualizing it… big TSO & Czechmate fan!!!

24 minutes ago, Leezway said:

Yes, Please? I would love to see some photos.. been watching and visualizing it… big TSO & Czechmate fan!!!

I took some pics, but unfortunately it says they are too large to upload. I will figure it out and post them. 

I'm pulling for you for it to work.  

I'm going a different route and using the czc threaded barrel and 1/2 x 28

Comp.  Had a carver glock comp that I mounted but could not get it to stay on.  Ordered a sjc comp and shim kit to really torque it down with rocksett.  Also will add some popple holes

3 hours ago, RoJo3430 said:

I took some pics, but unfortunately it says they are too large to upload. I will figure it out and post them. 

4 hours ago, CC3D said:

Can you attach some pictures so we can get an idea of how everything fits? 

Pics above

1 hour ago, yigal said:

This is done very right by a person, who understands how to make it work properly. 👍

Thanks. This definitely isn’t the cheapest option. However, I believe it will look the best, and function closest to a Czechmate and save some money to build a legit CZ Open gun that will handle 9mm major loads. I would prefer to use the same titanium Sebo comp I use on my Czechmate, but I already have their steel comp on hand. That will cut my cost down a bit. 

2 hours ago, RoJo3430 said:

Thanks. This definitely isn’t the cheapest option. However, I believe it will look the best, and function closest to a Czechmate and save some money to build a legit CZ Open gun that will handle 9mm major loads. I would prefer to use the same titanium Sebo comp I use on my Czechmate, but I already have their steel comp on hand. That will cut my cost down a bit. 

That makes perfect sense… you Franken the TSO with Czech scrap there’s  nothing like taking a quality product and changing it and making it your own…you should call it the “TCO” (Tactical Czech Orange) I can just hear the purists! “ well it’s nice but it’s a TSO! Why would you mess with that beauty?”  😂 

All kidding aside I think it’s gonna look awesome when it’s done. I can’t wait to see it completed. Thanks for the pics and Keep posting..

Lee

6 hours ago, sandflea316 said:

I'm pulling for you for it to work.  

I'm going a different route and using the czc threaded barrel and 1/2 x 28

Comp.  Had a carver glock comp that I mounted but could not get it to stay on.  Ordered a sjc comp and shim kit to really torque it down with rocksett.  Also will add some popple holes

That sounds like it will be a nice look with added popple holes. Be nice to see some before & after pics… good luck with it. 

15 hours ago, RoJo3430 said:

New update. I removed the barrel bushing from my TSO, and used my Czechmate’s barrel and Sebo comp to get an idea if its going to work. It appears it will work fine once Bar-Sto makes me a barrel with longer threads which they can. As far as the guide rod system, its going to be easiest to utilize the insert the gun already uses. I will need a new guide rod that is approximately 118mm in length. This will allow the guide rod to sit just inside the edge of the Sebo comp, and the sleeve insert will keep it lined up when functioning. I tested the functionality of this using my Czechmate barrel and Sebo comp, and everything fits nicely. I contacted a local gun machinist shop about making a custom guide rod. I will try and meet with them next week to see if they can make me one out of stainless steel. If he can, I told him others would be interested as well. I’ll keep everyone posted. 

Doesn’t your czechmate come with two barrels? Have you tried cutting additional threads on the second barrel and try using that instead?

Your TSO looks good with that Sebo comp on it. I might play around with my TSO and Czechmate since I got a second barrel that came with my czechmate.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Doesn’t your czechmate come with two barrels? Have you tried cutting additional threads on the second barrel and try using that instead?

Your TSO looks good with that Sebo comp on it. I might play around with my TSO and Czechmate since I got a second barrel that came with my czechmate.

It did come with a second barrel, but unfortunately the comp got crossed threaded on the backup barrel, and both got damaged. The Czechmate barrel isnt long enough to get enough threads on so the Sebo comp will be flush. That comp screws on a long ways, and the barrel needs to extend past the end of the slide about 1/2”. Using the Czechmate barrel, the end of the barrel sits just inside the the TSO slide. Cutting additional threads wont help because the Sebo comp is already flush against the end of the slide. 

It did come with a second barrel, but unfortunately the comp got crossed threaded on the backup barrel, and both got damaged. The Czechmate barrel isnt long enough to get enough threads on so the Sebo comp will be flush. That comp screws on a long ways, and the barrel needs to extend past the end of the slide about 1/2”. Using the Czechmate barrel, the end of the barrel sits just inside the the TSO slide. Cutting additional threads wont help because the Sebo comp is already flush against the end of the slide. 

i did this with 6" barrel.

I see. Yes, you definitely need a 6” barrel then since the stock czechmate and TSO barrels are only 5.4”. The additional 1/2” negates the cutting of the slide if us8ng the stock barrel.

11 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Did they say these barrels would be a stock part or are they going to be a custom run ? 

As far as I know, its not going to be a normal item on their website. I didn’t see any barrels on their website for the TSO, so I had to email them and see if its something they would do. Im sure of it drew enough interest, they may make it a regular items.