Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Tactical Sport/TSO threaded barrel

Garmil

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, sandflea316 said:

No go with them.  I tried to order and it was canceled and they don't answer emails either.

This was a few weeks back

That's weird, I actually got a call from the owner when something was not in stock and he told what he did have and sent me something that worked out. Try calling maybe?

On 2/13/2022 at 10:42 PM, sandflea316 said:

Does anyone know how to get ahold of this comp.  Went to their site and it appears they will only sell to dealers.

Anyone in the US carry Toni System parts?

Looking to build an open major TSO and want to try this comp out.

If you manage to get ahold of this comp, let us know if the treads match up with the TSO threaded barrel in question (assuming that you're using that one). Also, I have found in some other threads that an EAA witness long slide guide rod will function in a TSO. If true, this could be a simple solution to the guide rod problem we'd face with the current set up we're going for and avoid having to use the loctite/ set screw method of securing the comp. 

On 1/16/2022 at 4:01 PM, CC3D said:

Is anyone aware of an extended length guide rod that is compatible with the TSO, perhaps from a czechmate etc.? My thinking is that if one were to use an extended length guide rod (say by a quarter of an inch), that a screw on comp could be used without the need for a set screw/ loctite type combination to secure the comp. This would give a similar attachment system to other traditional screw on comps seen on open guns, where the comp is retained by the guide rod. Is my logic flawed here? 

To answer my own question, I have seen reports that an EAA/ tango witness long slide guide rod will do the trick for what I am suggesting here (not 100% confirmed). For this to work, the comp would need to have room for up and down movement of the guide rod as the slide reciprocates (due to the tilt of the barrel). This may be an easy modification to make with a drill press to whichever comp ends up working with the threaded barrel. 

16 hours ago, CC3D said:

To answer my own question, I have seen reports that an EAA/ tango witness long slide guide rod will do the trick for what I am suggesting here (not 100% confirmed). For this to work, the comp would need to have room for up and down movement of the guide rod as the slide reciprocates (due to the tilt of the barrel). This may be an easy modification to make with a drill press to whichever comp ends up working with the threaded barrel. 

Do you have a link to said guide rod?

What is the length? 

29 minutes ago, sandflea316 said:

Do you have a link to said guide rod?

What is the length? 

Here is a link to one I found, says 4.75 inches. 

https://tromix.com/product/witness-hunter-8-pound-booster-spring-w-guide-rod/

There are a few websites that sell them from what I could see in my limited research. 

Edit:

On second look, 4.75 appears to be referring to barrel length but I could be wrong. I saw in another thread that the guide rod is longe for the witness '"long slide" or maybe "hunter" 

Edited by CC3D
correction

Sorry for the multiple posts, but file size limit made me upload one pic at a time. 

This is a lone wolf 9mm compensator on long slide CZ. Frame is SP01 shadow, slide is TS, barrel is from CZC, threaded TS barrel. 

The comp fits and functions fine. I only got it for looks and plinking. I shoot factory ammo with 13# recoil spring, and it functions and cycles flawlessly.  Not sure if it actually reduces any felt recoil or muzzle climb, as my other similar build (without threaded barrel) feels nearly the same. The slide travel during recoil does feel a bit sluggish, perhaps needs major ammo or an even lighter recoil spring? 

Screenshot_20220217-093136_Gallery.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Found something interesting online. There is a gunsmith in the Philippines who made a TSO into an open gun with what looks like the threaded barrel in question. I don't have a Facebook so I am unable to reach out to them and ask questions. Looks promising.

1280905801_ScreenShot2022-02-27at2_38_25PM.thumb.png.6c20fefbac7a36c7cb06c9226fd5b23f.png

It doesn't look like they did any frame or slide modifications to make it fit but difficult to tell. Somebody with a Facebook and want to reach out about some details of the build? If it is a proprietary compensator they make take orders on them, who knows. This looks like the exact configuration I'd be going for however so it has me very interested. 

Looks good.  I used a glock carver comp for mine.  Had to take a dremel to it.  Looks like ass but it works.  There's a decent gap between the comp and frame so thinking about adding a popple hole there.  

Going to do the wife's gun similar but had to make sure I got mine worked out before dropping money on hers.

He's a shooter friend, a very good one who competes nationally and also a machinist.  He's been developing a straight thread-on aluminum comp for the TS with threaded barrel, and from what I gather he's honing in on the final design. Gotten some good feedback and reviews for shooters he's made it for.  Summer is when he's going to be back near his shop.  Wire EDM-ed to the slide, whatever that means.

Also working on some optics mounts and slide rackers as well as other comps, I believe.  This is all shared with his blessing, by the way.

5583.thumb.jpeg.198806df368a4219212cce3a44bbde7f.jpeg

5598.thumb.jpeg.9f5ea8a0088d59e53a53091d533cc9a5.jpeg

Edited by MoRivera

Interesting for sure. A model for the TS lineup that is made to be retained with a guide rod is what I believe is desired by most here. Please keep us updated on his progress, I'm sure many here are interested.