Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Tactical Sport/TSO threaded barrel

Garmil

18 minutes ago, George16 said:

I would definitely be interested 8n buying one along with the new guide rod so I can convert my TSO.

Bar-Sto is ending me the final invoice to approve the work. Its $400, and Im going to send the Sebo comp, slide, and a dummy round for my load so they will fit it all together. Also have the chamebr reamed to accept my round. Its going to be around 14 weeks though, so I want to get it started asap. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update….

I found a local machine shop who is going to make me a 118mm guide rod for this project out of steel for around $100. I placed the order for the custom barrel from Bar-Sto, however it will be about 14 weeks to get it. Its $400, and they will make it with 1” length of threads, fit the compensator/barrel/slide, and ream the chamber for the dummy round I provide. I will post pics of the progress as the work is completed. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, RoJo3430 said:

Latest update….

I found a local machine shop who is going to make me a 118mm guide rod for this project out of steel for around $100. I placed the order for the custom barrel from Bar-Sto, however it will be about 14 weeks to get it. Its $400, and they will make it with 1” length of threads, fit the compensator/barrel/slide, and ream the chamber for the dummy round I provide. I will post pics of the progress as the work is completed. 

Been 14 weeks... keeping us in suspense here. Any updates from Bar-Sto? 

Sorry, this has been a long process. So as far as the barrel, I haven’t heard anything as of yet. I will try and call them tomorrow for an update, but I may not get to it since Im headed out of town early Friday morning. I did get a local machinist to make a custom guiderod. I made an error on my part as to the thickness of the end that holds my compensator in place. I will have to get him to make me another one that will have a wider diameter. Not a big deal, and it only sets me back $90 on the project. I was hoping to have this done before this trip so I would have a backup open gun, but it just wasn’t meant to be. 

Edited by RoJo3430

New update. I called BarSto and they are ready for my slide, compensator, and dummy round. They also informed me they can make a guide rod to fit much cheaper than $90. I will have them make the new guide rod I need so they can fit everything together. I will get back to everyone once it’s completed. I probably wont be able to ship it until monday since I’m out of town for the weekend. Bery excited to see if this project works or not. 

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update. This project is taking a little longer from BarSto, but I called again today. They said about another week and it should be done. I let them know others would be interested so to keep records/schematics on the build for future customers. Hopefully the wait time will be reduced for any future builds now that they have all the info needed. They had to get in contact with Sebo Weapons to confirm the thread pitch and dimensions on their compensator so they didnt screw up threading the barrel properly, and apparently that took some time to do so. They are confident I will be happy with the end results, and I can’t wait to share it with everyone ince its completed and tested. Im excited because this could actually be a better platform for 9mm major than the actual Czechmate based on longer slide and extra weight. 

Edited by RoJo3430