Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Tactical Sport/TSO threaded barrel

Garmil

On 2/27/2022 at 9:43 PM, CC3D said:

Found something interesting online. There is a gunsmith in the Philippines who made a TSO into an open gun with what looks like the threaded barrel in question. I don't have a Facebook so I am unable to reach out to them and ask questions. Looks promising.

1280905801_ScreenShot2022-02-27at2_38_25PM.thumb.png.6c20fefbac7a36c7cb06c9226fd5b23f.png

only with longer G.R. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, RoJo3430 said:

Its been slightly difficult to communicate with them since it is a different country. I think if I can purchase a tungsten guiderod from them, I can make it work with the Sebo comp and a threaded CZC barrel. Hoping they can ship to the USA and it not cost too much. 

Great! Keep us posted. This is the focus of this thread, trying to find a drop in method of making a poor man's czechmate. We're looking to use that CZC threaded barrel and a comparable comp. Thanks for reaching out to that gunsmith overseas. I'm looking forward to seeing if they'll ship just guide rods. I might also inform them that there is a market for it here so may be worth their while. 

5 minutes ago, CC3D said:

Great! Keep us posted. This is the focus of this thread, trying to find a drop in method of making a poor man's czechmate. We're looking to use that CZC threaded barrel and a comparable comp. Thanks for reaching out to that gunsmith overseas. I'm looking forward to seeing if they'll ship just guide rods. I might also inform them that there is a market for it here so may be worth their while. 

Few ways:

1. Threaded CZC barrel and 2011 comp.
  2. Extended barrel and clamp-on comp.
  3. Czechmate barrel and chopped up slide

34 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Few ways:

There are dozens of long threads on doing the chopped slide jobs. This one is specifically for the CZC threaded barrel (or similar aftermarket). I dont think the clamp-on comp is a widely popular idea, but maybe that warrants it's own thread. Let's keep this one focused on it's original intent for the sake of productivity. 

On 5/23/2022 at 2:55 PM, RoJo3430 said:

One advantage to cutting the frame/slide though is then using the Czechmate barrel you get many more threads of engagement for the comp to screw on.

For this reason I am considering the option of commissioning a barrel from bar-sto similar to the CZC version but with longer threads, say an inch rather than a half inch (or whatever their current threads are). 

2 minutes ago, CC3D said:

For this reason I am considering the option of commissioning a barrel from bar-sto similar to the CZC version but with longer threads, say an inch rather than a half inch (or whatever their current threads are). 

Well, I've done all 3 of the options I mentioned. The Bar-Sto took the longest as they have a 6-month backlog of work. But the barrel is top notch

2 hours ago, CC3D said:

There are dozens of long threads on doing the chopped slide jobs. This one is specifically for the CZC threaded barrel (or similar aftermarket). I dont think the clamp-on comp is a widely popular idea, but maybe that warrants it's own thread. Let's keep this one focused on it's original intent for the sake of productivity. 

The only issue with the 2011 comp is the thread pitch is not 1/2x28 like the threaded TSO barrel is. 

2 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Few ways:

I let the rep know there would be a market for the longer guide rods in the USA. They seem interested. Just waiting to hear back from their gunsmith. 

1 hour ago, RoJo3430 said:

The only issue with the 2011 comp is the thread pitch is not 1/2x28 like the threaded TSO barrel is. 

Lots of 9mm comps in 1/2x28:

https://zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zrts-1911-compensator/

https://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=PCC_Comp_Mount_CTR

https://stores.sjcguns.com/sjc-titan-compensators/

https://allchingunparts.com/all-products/compensators/

I reached out to BarSto today about a custom made barrel in 9mm, with 1" of 1/2x28 threads exactly like the Czechmate's barrel. They responded that would not be an issue as long as it was 9mm or .357 Sig. Just awaiting a response back about the chamber depth since its needs to be longer for 9mm major loads. I suggested I could send in a dummy round of my current load, so they can ream the barrel properly. I let them know many would be interested as well. This may be the best option for this project. A BarSto barrel, Sebo Weapons Comp, and the custom made Tungsten Guiderod from Armguntech. I feel like this dream of a legit Open TSO is getting close to being a reality.

Edited by RoJo3430

15 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I only looked at the MBX Pistol Comp, but looking at the dimensions of their PCC Comp, its almost exactly the same, so it would work fine. If I can't make this happen with the tungsten guide rod from Armguntech, I will likely just buy a barrel from CZC or BarSto, and add the MBX PCC Comp to my TSO. AT that point I'll just sell the steel Sebo Comp I have as a spare to offset the cost of everything. 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, RoJo3430 said:

I reached out to BarSto today about a custom made barrel in 9mm, with 1" of 1/2x28 threads exactly like the Czechmate's barrel. They responded that would not be an issue as long as it was 9mm or .357 Sig. Just awaiting a response back about the chamber depth since its needs to be longer for 9mm major loads. I suggested I could send in a dummy round of my current load, so they can ream the barrel properly. I let them know many would be interested as well. This may be the best option for this project. A BarSto barrel, Sebo Weapons Comp, and the custom made Tungsten Guiderod from Armguntech. I feel like this dream of a legit Open TSO is getting close to being a reality.

Great! Just make sure that you clarify that the threads should begin once the barrel clears the slide and not before like on the czechmate. I'm sure you got that already but just being safe. 

53 minutes ago, CC3D said:

Great! Just make sure that you clarify that the threads should begin once the barrel clears the slide and not before like on the czechmate. I'm sure you got that already but just being safe. 

If using the Sebo comp, you want the threads to start inside the slide. The Sebo comp has a cone that sits inside the slide, so that it threads into the 1” length of threads. If using a 2011 style comp, then you wouldn’t want the threads inside the slide. The barrel bushing will have to be removed for the Sebo comp since its cone sits inside the slide. I have a price for the barrel of $400. This would include sending my slide/comp to them, so everything can be fitted properly. That will also include reaming the chamber to accept my load, so I will include a dummy round. 

4 minutes ago, RoJo3430 said:

If using the Sebo comp, you want the threads to start inside the slide. The Sebo comp has a cone that sits inside the slide, so that it threads into the 1” length of threads. If using a 2011 style comp, then you wouldn’t want the threads inside the slide. The barrel bushing will have to be removed for the Sebo comp since its cone sits inside the slide. I have a price for the barrel of $400. This would include sending my slide/comp to them, so everything can be fitted properly. That will also include reaming the chamber to accept my load, so I will include a dummy round. 

I'm pretty sure that you need to cut your slide to make it work with the cone comp as you're describing. The goal of this thread is to figure out how to do it without cutting the slide. Maybe I'm missing something but the TSO slide minus barrel bushing will still be too small of a hole for the compensator to sit flush to the slide. Look at the very first page of this thread for an example

2 minutes ago, CC3D said:

I'm pretty sure that you need to cut your slide to make it work with the cone comp as you're describing. The goal of this thread is to figure out how to do it without cutting the slide. Maybe I'm missing something but the TSO slide minus barrel bushing will still be too small of a hole for the compensator to sit flush to the slide. Look at the very first page of this thread for an example

Im not so sure cutting the slide would be needed. The Sebo comp will fit inside the slide. Just because its longer changes nothing if the barrel is custom made to the length needed and the comp’s cone will fit inside the slide without the barrel bushing. I plan on removing the barrel bushing, and making sure the Sebo comp will fit into the slide properly before sending it off to have a barrel made. If thats successful, then I will have to send some measurements to that company in Manilla for the custom tungsten guiderod. If not, I will have to look at a 1911/2011 style comp instead. 

2 hours ago, RoJo3430 said:

Im not so sure cutting the slide would be needed. The Sebo comp will fit inside the slide. Just because its longer changes nothing if the barrel is custom made to the length needed and the comp’s cone will fit inside the slide without the barrel bushing. I plan on removing the barrel bushing, and making sure the Sebo comp will fit into the slide properly before sending it off to have a barrel made. If thats successful, then I will have to send some measurements to that company in Manilla for the custom tungsten guiderod. If not, I will have to look at a 1911/2011 style comp instead. 

Well keep us posted... I still think a non-cone thread on compensator retained by an extended guide rod would be the simplest approach but maybe I'm missing something here

8 minutes ago, CC3D said:

Well keep us posted... I still think a non-cone thread on compensator retained by an extended guide rod would be the simplest approach but maybe I'm missing something here

The issue would be finding one. I have yet to see a non coned comp that uses a captured guide rod system like the Czechmate. The easiest thing would be to use a threaded barrel and a 2011 style comp. However, I dont like how they keep the comp from coming loose. You either have to loctite it down, and/or use a set screw. Im still trying to decide which way I want to go with this project. Since I already have a spare Sebo comp, its the cheaper route to go most likely. 

9 hours ago, CC3D said:

https://christiansencomponents.com/product/toni-system-beretta-92x-open-compensator/

This + TSO threaded barrel + slightly longer TSO guide rod is what my brain wants to believe will work. Unless my logic is flawed in some way..

I looked at that 92x compensator as well but could not confirm if guide rod to bore center dimensions are the same. 

5 hours ago, N_Parker said:

guide rod to bore center dimensions are the same. 

This is my main worry, I was using that comp as an example, not sure how well it would fit the profile of the TSO slide either. I imagine however with a drill press or file one could modify the guide rod hole on the comp to fit the TSO, as well as fit the profile of the frame so that the comp can reciprocate with the barrel. 

first i would just knock out your bushing and see if the sebo cone comp fits into the slide without boring it out.

does anybody have a picture of a checkmate slide without a barrel in it ?

ideally you would want that cone to match up to a taper in the inside of the slide rather than a 90DEG corner.