CZC Tactical Sport/TSO threaded barrel

Garmil

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just picked up my 9mm TSO today, and am building a slightly cheaper backup to my Czechmate for USPSA. I have an extra Sebo steel comp that I plan on using. Im hoping it fits without needing any fitting, but I need a threaded barrel first and CZC is currently sold out. I believe by removing the guide rod insert, and using the Czechmate captured guide rod, this will work. I will need to order the guide rod and insert for the Czechmate from Seboweapons. The reason the TSO was appealing was it uses the same mags as my Czechmate, and should fit perfectly into my race holster. Plus will be a lot cheaper as a backup than another Czechmate, since I have $4k into my Czechmate. 

On 1/16/2022 at 4:01 PM, CC3D said:

Is anyone aware of an extended length guide rod that is compatible with the TSO, perhaps from a czechmate etc.? My thinking is that if one were to use an extended length guide rod (say by a quarter of an inch), that a screw on comp could be used without the need for a set screw/ loctite type combination to secure the comp. This would give a similar attachment system to other traditional screw on comps seen on open guns, where the comp is retained by the guide rod. Is my logic flawed here? 

Sebo Weapons sells the Czechmate guiderod, insert, and 10lb spring. I plan on trying my Czechmate’s guide rod with a Sebo Steel comp on my TSO once  I get a threaded barrel. 

1 hour ago, RoJo3430 said:

Sebo Weapons sells the Czechmate guiderod, insert, and 10lb spring. I plan on trying my Czechmate’s guide rod with a Sebo Steel comp on my TSO once  I get a threaded barrel. 

Interesting.  Please keep us posted on how this all works out. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Will the cone comp work on a bushing barreled slide ? 
I always wanted to see what a checkmate slide looks like disassembled at the barrel end. 
Is  it tapered like the comp ?

So the Czechmate slide has no barrel bushing. I hadn’t even given that mich thought about the bushing in the TSO. Hoping I can remove it, and the comp will seat inside the slide like it does for the Czechmate. Good thing I have these parts on hands so I only need to buy the threaded barrel. If this experiment doesn’t work, I guess Ill have to locate a comp that doesnt use the guiderod to hold everything in place. 

On 2/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, CC3D said:

Found something interesting online. There is a gunsmith in the Philippines who made a TSO into an open gun with what looks like the threaded barrel in question. I don't have a Facebook so I am unable to reach out to them and ask questions. Looks promising.

1280905801_ScreenShot2022-02-27at2_38_25PM.thumb.png.6c20fefbac7a36c7cb06c9226fd5b23f.png

It doesn't look like they did any frame or slide modifications to make it fit but difficult to tell. Somebody with a Facebook and want to reach out about some details of the build? If it is a proprietary compensator they make take orders on them, who knows. This looks like the exact configuration I'd be going for however so it has me very interested. 

I fb messaged them about the build. Ill post what they say when I get a reply. Im interested in that comp and barrel used. 

13 hours ago, RoJo3430 said:

I fb messaged them about the build. Ill post what they say when I get a reply. Im interested in that comp and barrel used. 

Great! Been curious about that once since I saw it. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:18 PM, RoJo3430 said:

So the Czechmate slide has no barrel bushing. I hadn’t even given that mich thought about the bushing in the TSO. Hoping I can remove it, and the comp will seat inside the slide like it does for the Czechmate. Good thing I have these parts on hands so I only need to buy the threaded barrel. If this experiment doesn’t work, I guess Ill have to locate a comp that doesnt use the guiderod to hold everything in place. 

The TSO slide is longer, you will need to chop the slide shorter to make this conversion work with a Czechmate barrel and comp. 

Several years ago I asked Cajun Gun Works if they'd do the slide conversion for me and they said they would if I sent them the slide, comp, barrel, guide rod, and reverse plug, but at the time reverse plugs were unobtainable, so I never followed up on it. If you already have those parts on order from Sebo then you could try reaching out to them if you don't want to do the work yourself.

Edited by regor

56 minutes ago, regor said:

The TSO slide is longer, you will need to chop the slide shorter to make this conversion work with a Czechmate barrel and comp. 

Several years ago I asked Cajun Gun Works if they'd do the slide conversion for me and they said they would if I sent them the slide, comp, barrel, guide rod, and reverse plug, but at the time reverse plugs were unobtainable, so I never followed up on it. If you already have those parts on order from Sebo then you could try reaching out to them if you don't want to do the work yourself.

I found that out this weekend when I compared my czechmate to the tso. I might have to give them a call and see if they will actually do it. I really hate to chop the slide though. I reached out to that company someone posted about earlier. See my latest comment on what I found out. Trying to see if they will ship their custom guided to the USA.

UPDATE.......

After communicating with ARMGUNTECH in Cagayan City, Isabela (I had no clue where this was located), I found out the following. They can turn a TSO into an open gun by using a comp designed in house, and a tungsten guided they fabricate. The barrel bushing must be removed as well. Im not sure where they get their threaded barrels, but they could be made in house as well. I am currently waiting to see if they can ship their guide rod to the USA. If they can, that should be the only hurdle needed besides buying a threaded barrel from CZC once available again, and to add a Sebo Weapons Comp. I will post the answer when I hear back from them about the guide rod. The other option is to of course have the frame/slide cut down, and then a Czechmate barrel would work fine. I would prefer not to cut the frame/slide. I did put my Czechmate barrel into my TSO slide, and it did fit fine and Im pretty sure it would be safe to shoot it, although the threads may wear on the barrel bushing. The TSO and Czechmate barrels are exactly the same length and everything. One advantage to cutting the frame/slide though is then using the Czechmate barrel you get many more threads of engagement for the comp to screw on.

9 minutes ago, RoJo3430 said:

UPDATE.......

After communicating with ARMGUNTECH in Cagayan City, Isabela (I had no clue where this was located), I found out the following. They can turn a TSO into an open gun by using a comp designed in house, and a tungsten guided they fabricate. The barrel bushing must be removed as well. Im not sure where they get their threaded barrels, but they could be made in house as well. I am currently waiting to see if they can ship their guide rod to the USA. If they can, that should be the only hurdle needed besides buying a threaded barrel from CZC once available again, and to add a Sebo Weapons Comp. I will post the answer when I hear back from them about the guide rod. The other option is to of course have the frame/slide cut down, and then a Czechmate barrel would work fine. I would prefer not to cut the frame/slide. I did put my Czechmate barrel into my TSO slide, and it did fit fine and Im pretty sure it would be safe to shoot it, although the threads may wear on the barrel bushing. The TSO and Czechmate barrels are exactly the same length and everything. One advantage to cutting the frame/slide though is then using the Czechmate barrel you get many more threads of engagement for the comp to screw on.

See if they can permanently install (weld or silver solder) their compensator for CA shooters.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, Kneedtospeed said:

Interesting.  Please keep us posted on how this all works out. Thanks!

Unfortuneatly the Czechmate guide rod is too short. I wasn't aware that the TSO frame/slide is longer than the Czechmates. I posted an update above from the company that converts the TSO to an Open gun. 

Edited by RoJo3430

On 1/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, yigal said:

bench lathe.

You should make a part time business making those extended guide rods for the TSO. Nobody else is doing it here, and that really is the only holdup I see with turning a TSO into an Open gun. Just need a CZC threaded barrel and Sebo comp to make it work. I reached out to a company in another country that makes their own from tungsten and waiting to hear if they will ship to the USA.

33 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Can’t hurt to see what a barrel/comp and guide would cost. 
if there’s is a drop deal , it could be worth it 

Its been slightly difficult to communicate with them since it is a different country. I think if I can purchase a tungsten guiderod from them, I can make it work with the Sebo comp and a threaded CZC barrel. Hoping they can ship to the USA and it not cost too much. 

24 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

And with this one I plan on using a clamp-on compensator aka. Clamp-ensator. 6.6" barrel with DPM CZ TS system

Are you going to use 9mm major ammo? For me that is a must in my build since it will be my backup to my Czechmate. I find the factory trigger to be nice, but I’ll replace the factory trigger with the one that came on my Czechmate. I will also adjust the pretravel and over travel. You have a bit of play in yours that can be taken out. I prefer there be absolutely no take up. I want to hit the wall immediately, and the break to be instant. Reference the comp, which one are you looking at?

41 minutes ago, RoJo3430 said:

You have a bit of play in yours that can be taken out. I prefer there be absolutely no take up. I want to hit the wall immediately, and the break to be instant. Reference the comp, which one are you looking at?

I worked more on it a bit, but this is the best I got it with as little play. And this is with the CGW hammer. My Tanfo is also modified with a CZ TSO trigger and I got the pretravel even better: 

The comp is in development, I have it designed just hasn't gone to production yet.