Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What caliber can you shoot in USPSA/IPSC

Hnemes

4 hours ago, RJH said:

yes, but garands don't actually have strippers, the whole clip slides into the mag well, and pings out 🙂  The ping is what makes them cool 🙂 

In WWII, our GI's learned early on to keep an an empty Enbloc clip with them. They'd fire a few rounds, then throw the Enbloc at their helmet to make the characteristic "Ping!" of an empty M1. When the enemy heard the "Ping!", they thought out troops were empty and would charge...which they found out rather quickly that the M1s were not empty....

Moral to the story...M1's are damn cool.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, HoMiE said:

.40 cal for limited 

They approved 357Sig for Limited/L10 in January of 2015, but you have to look at the September, 2014 BOD minutes to find it. Or search here. 

11 hours ago, HoMiE said:

.40 cal for limited 

perhaps we're getting tied up in 'caliber' but .357sig is allowed in L/L10 in Major PF.  change was a few years ago i believe.

edit - jeez i stepped away from my laptop for a few minutes and this was already answered several times...

Edited by davsco

1 hour ago, RadarTech said:

It was missed.

It has been brought up and per my understanding has been added to a list of changes via member comment to be included in the 2019 rule book.

I commented about it also. Let's hope it gets in. 

I commented about it also. Let's hope it gets in. 

I emailed Troy directly on one of my other questions and mentioned it.. it is going to be in...
And it was also a topic in the RM forum where all the RMIs read (RMIs are all on the rules committee)...

To use an old military term—- Confidence is high!

14 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone compete with a .357 Sig cartridge.  Possibly rarer than a 9x25.

as noted above, some LEO's might want to practice with their duty guns/rounds.  i have glock 31 and 32 and would like to do a match with one of these just for fun/practice.

27 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Thanks.  I responded to the quote notification before I read all the other responses.  😁

That’s a problem USPSA has with changing rules and then posting in obscure places so members have to check multiple spots to see changes. 

1 minute ago, HoMiE said:

That’s a problem USPSA has with changing rules and then posting in obscure places so members have to check multiple spots to see changes. 

seems it would be relatively easy and common sense to keep a rules pdf on the uspsa website that is red-lined for changes & updates, with a listing of changes at the top and their respective dates.  each of us could check it before a match or at least periodically to stay up to date.

seems it would be relatively easy and common sense to keep a rules pdf on the uspsa website that is red-lined for changes & updates, with a listing of changes at the top and their respective dates.  each of us could check it before a match or at least periodically to stay up to date.
Download the USPSA app. All changes will be listed there after the 2019 rules go into effect.

17 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone compete with a .357 Sig cartridge.  Possibly rarer than a 9x25.

I believe .357 SIG plays well with the gun legislation in same places. I believe that is one reason IPSC just extended its temporary status as a Major caliber in a few Divisions.

I believe .357 SIG plays well with the gun legislation in same places. I believe that is one reason IPSC just extended its temporary status as a Major caliber in a few Divisions.

That was for us Aussies who aren’t allowed to shoot anything bigger than .38 in IPSC at home.

.357 Sig is how we make Major in Standard & Classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why the RO was so close to the shooter with the .500 S&W ?

I would think you could be 20 feet away and catch all the shots on the timer.     :) 

And, those must be "reduced loads" - I fired five shots from a .445 S & W and that

was enough for me - couldn't hear and had a headache for two days.    :( 

I'm not sure why the RO was so close to the shooter with the .500 S&W ?

I would think you could be 20 feet away and catch all the shots on the timer.     [emoji4] 

And, those must be "reduced loads" - I fired five shots from a .445 S & W and that
was enough for me - couldn't hear and had a headache for two days.    [emoji20] 
The 500 S&W is much quieter the the 460.
The 500 operates at standard magnum revolver chamber pressures. The 460 operates at similar pressures to a 308.