Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

16 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Gun looks great!

just asking but why even try 3n38?  Using a funnel to get it the powder just right seems like way to much trouble? 

can't wait to get my gun from Don!

I just loaded by 24 test rounds "ladder" by hand. I didn't want to keep adjusting my powder dropper. Since I'm using 3-4 powders it just easier than swapping them out and worrying about missing some or cross contamination

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I have been talking with I believe his name is Don, seems very nice and down to earth. Quick turnaround times and he builds some cool s#!t. Has anyone dealt with him on warranty work, or just with him on his build process? Guns run out of the box without issues? It's not that I don't trust what the gentelmen is telling me, I'd just like to hear some feedback if possible before spending that kind of coin!

Thanks gents

Ben 

Don is solid as a rock. And he has the weight room to prove it, lol. Seriously, I've known him for a long time, he has built and repaired serval guns for me, and everything has always gone perfectly including incidences when something wasn't quite right. It happens to everyone. Came back, discussed whatever it was. changed/fixed, back in business. Don't know what more I would want. You'll be fine buying anything he's willing to build. 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:38 AM, B_RAD said:

Gun looks great!

just asking but why even try 3n38?  Using a funnel to get it the powder just right seems like way to much trouble? 

can't wait to get my gun from Don!

I'm anxious to see it in person!

Whats the ETA on your gun?

Ok guys! Here's a list of 4 powders and the charges I used that made PF and all felt fairly similar. Minus the 32 degree weather and not being able to feel my hands anyway. 

AA7 at 9.3g

WAC at 6.7g

SILO 6.9g

3n38 8.3g

All were shot with 124g precision Delta JHP 

So that being said I will load up 100 of each and go run some drills and benchrest the gun to try to get a good idea of any accuracy difference. 

Today it was 32 degrees, calm, at about 2200ft above sea level. I'm also going to use a different Chrono to insure my readings are correct. 

15 minutes ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Ok guys! Here's a list of 4 powders and the charges I used that made PF and all felt fairly similar. Minus the 32 degree weather and not being able to feel my hands anyway. 

AA7 at 9.3g

WAC at 6.7g

SILO 6.9g

3n38 8.3g

All were shot with 124g precision Delta JHP 

So that being said I will load up 100 of each and go run some drills and benchrest the gun to try to get a good idea of any accuracy difference. 

Today it was 32 degrees, calm, at about 2200ft above sea level. I'm also going to use a different Chrono to insure my readings are correct. 

9.3 aa7 seems light. I’m at 9.7 but every barrel is different 

I am running between 9.2-9.4 grn of aa7 in  gun and get about the same 1400 at 9.4 grn, could be a fast barrel or the lot of powder, who knows. But so far I like AA7 and 3n37 the best.

My gun is not a Venom Custom though but the powder charge is about the same 

Edited by TRPOperator

I guess I’m going to have to go against the grain here with my own experiences with Don.

I received FedEx notification this afternoon that he had received the 3 2011’s I shipped to him for work.
I have yet to see a tracking notification nor any kind of indication that he’s finished. If this isn’t resolved by the AM I’ll definitely keep you guys posted.

Hopefully this may be resolved professionally.

1 hour ago, B_Seehawer said:

I guess I’m going to have to go against the grain here with my own experiences with Don.

I received FedEx notification this afternoon that he had received the 3 2011’s I shipped to him for work.
I have yet to see a tracking notification nor any kind of indication that he’s finished. If this isn’t resolved by the AM I’ll definitely keep you guys posted.

I had to read this a couple of times. 

I mean, this is the internet, and there are people out there that look for reasons to get pissed off about anything they can. Ha.  

14 hours ago, B_Seehawer said:

🤣 Brad must be bored at home again.

How are the other ones hes working on for ya? Seems like hes touched all your 2011s by now.

Good luck, he can be pretty slippery. I bet it takes a whole week, that slimeball.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so excited. Sent Don my 38 trubor built on a pt frame, along with a new trubor blank to be chambered in 9 major. He’s gonna fit the barrel, dill 2 holes in the barrel and 1 in the comp. also sent him a new DVC grip, a Brazos zig racker and an SV long flat trigger for him to install. Then he’s gonna cut up the slide and refinish the  gun. I can’t wait to see how it comes out. 

Just now, 36873687 said:

Have u ran the smaller one or got any feed back on them

I personally have only run the longer ones. I have the longer ones planned for my next builds Don is about to start on as well. I can always cut it down later if I want.