Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 Area 2 Desert Classic: Interesting Demographics

ChuckS

I’m going to catch hell for this but...my logical conclusion is that the Southwest is a popular destination for snowbirds and retirees. A group of individuals who often suffer from diminished eyesight. A group who would also benefit from a red dot. Hence, a majority of the participants are open shooters. 

42 minutes ago, Swanny10 said:

I’m going to catch hell for this but...my logical conclusion is that the Southwest is a popular destination for snowbirds and retirees. A group of individuals who often suffer from diminished eyesight. A group who would also benefit from a red dot. Hence, a majority of the participants are open shooters. 

Not true.  Most of them don't shoot A2. They do shoot the weekly matches, although still not the majority. 

Edited by echotango

1 hour ago, Swanny10 said:

true or not, that's funny AF. I agree with you that open is for the elderly and infirm.  ;)

1 hour ago, echotango said:

Not true.  Most of them don't shoot A2. They do shoot the weekly matches, although still not the majority. 

Keep in mind, that was not meant to be an insult in anyway. And I also said it was MY LOGICAL conclusion. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time it was wrong. 

And I didn’t mean the all the open shooters were elderly. I meant that with the inclusion of that demographic in the area, it bumps the open category into the largest participated division. 

Edited by Swanny10
Add info

3 hours ago, Swanny10 said:

Keep in mind, that was not meant to be an insult in anyway. And I also said it was MY LOGICAL conclusion. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time it was wrong. 

And I didn’t mean the all the open shooters were elderly. I meant that with the inclusion of that demographic in the area, it bumps the open category into the largest participated division. 

No worries, I didn't take it as an insult, I thought it was pretty funny. But we do get the birds here in the winter. 

I felt compelled to respond in the most strongest terms my objection to the egregious and terribly insulting statement made about older shooters, (myself, a convert to Carry Optics for a possible eyesight related malady, and would have done so far sooner, but finding my Wally Mart reader cheaters took a few minutes............

4 minutes ago, mont1120 said:

I felt compelled to respond in the most strongest terms my objection to the egregious and terribly insulting statement made about older shooters, (myself, a convert to Carry Optics for a possible eyesight related malady, and would have done so far sooner, but finding my Wally Mart reader cheaters took a few minutes............

??

25 minutes ago, cheby said:

Production continues to decline in popularity

I would think shooters just moved from production to carry optic or pcc. It was a growing division up until the introduction of those newer divisions. 

I think that maybe Cheby's 

point. 

4 hours ago, HoMiE said:

I would think shooters just moved from production to carry optic or pcc. It was a growing division up until the introduction of those newer divisions. 

Edited by Swanny10
Auto correct

On 10/9/2018 at 11:30 AM, HoMiE said:

Yep that's the point.