Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What size groups do y’all get with a rest at 50 yards with a red dot?

To be 100 percent honest I have never shot my PCC at 50 yards. The longest shot I have seen at a match was 35 yards and that was in a 2 gun match.

Most of the stages in USPSA are under 25 yards.

I am interested to see if anyone has benched their PCC and shot out to 50.

I can be all over a 1" orange dot at 25yds, and by all over I mean destroy the 1"dot.

I can also ring an IPSC size steel target at 50yds and knock down a pepper popper at said 50yds.

I've never shot at a dot at 50yds but I shoot at real world  IPSC targets at that distance, ( or almost that distance) on a weekly basis.

It is fun , therapeutic and bad ass !

I've found that PCC accuracy out to 50 yards and beyond is both ammo and barrel dependent.  Depending on the size (MOA) of your dot, you should be able to shoot decent size groups.  

Most of my PCC barrels are great out to 40 yards.  Increase the distance to 100 yards it looks like I shot the target with buckshot thru a turkey choke.  With the right barrel / load combination, 2" groups at 50 yards are common.

If you cannot do that with your PCC, it may not be the red dot.

Ruger PCC 9mm with Trijicon MRO on a Bobro QD low mount.

124gr FMJ FP Rocky Mt Reloading "Match winner" bullet

4.0gr Titegroup

CCI500

COAL 1.080"

Shooting off bench at a printed Aimpoint micro target (easy to center the 2MOA dot)

1.5" to 1.75" (10)-shot groups at 50yrds, sometimes an occasional flyer will open it up to 2.0" or so

Edited by ColCornelius