Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading Your Shotgun

tewlman

So I am not the only one that uses both hands.

Weak hand when loading off the belt

(I tuck the stock of the inverted gun between my side and elbow putting the loading port right next to the belt, load one at a time from loops)

When moving / loading from the side saddle I use my strong hand (gun inverted, stock on top of shoulder, loading port right if front of my face).

It works for me.

Weak hand...always grabbing 4 (just because anything else would screw me up :D ) from the 6-shells carrier. Same for the 'Oh $hit' port loading except I can grab 1 and not mess up :lol: Only time I use the strong hand is for Select-Slug drill (the slug would come from the strong side belt holder.)

Stong hand. Under stress you will fall back to what is the most familiar. Even if you practice both, under the minor stress of a match your subconcious knows what it likes. Just pick one. The only exception could be loading with an open bolt.

and you look so sexy doing it, well Mrs Airdale does anyway. You do have model 12 style point thought, if its any consolation.

Might get my handslapped if i post pics of potential merchandise, pm forthcoming :ph34r:

Tewlman,

Mrs. Airedale and I both load shotgun strong hand.

BTW-post a pic of your new very cool 4 shell belt carrier. The world wants to see it.

Dave

ok bonus points for large word use, kurtm. founds this in webesters...

am·biv·a·lence (m-bv-lns)

n.

1. The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.

2. Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow when loading a shotgun under the clock at a 3 gun match

????

how'd that get in there

Stock over strong shoulder, load out of bandolier or out of carriers. If I need just that one last, i generally take it from a two shell right by the port.

But as others have stated, it seems what ever method I use it always invloves my slow hand. Or a miss just when it hurts the most.

Jim Norman

When you say "miss" do you mean like when you quickly snatch that shell and have it going toward the loading port faster than the speed of light to find you missed the loading port by 3/4 of an inch and watch the shell go flying out onto the range somewhere?

I do that.

Maybe it's because I load off the belt caddy or armband with the strong hand and the shotgun locked into the strong shoulder.

Around here we call it the "Tampa Tactical Chuck-n-Shuck" or is it "Poke-n-Stoke" or is it "Yank-n-Krank, I forget.