Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Office Space

"You know, minimum security prison is no picnic. I had a client in there once. He said the trick is kick someone's ass the first day, or become somebody's bitch. Then everything will be all right."

I boycotted it for a long while since they closed off the street in Austin I used to go to work for two weeks just to film the traffic-jam scene. Every freekin person in town that wanted to "be in a movie" showed up to drive their cars around in circles and jammed up all the other side streets as well. Like the director is going to say "Whoa! grab that blonde out of the third beige Chevy in the right lane.. she's leading my next pic.."

We give the restaurant servers a hard time about flare, but nowdays they often don't get it or only know the reference, not the movie.

I hated it the first time I saw it - then started thinking about the guy they keep moving around, basically just screwing with - and how thety determne who gets laid off - because it seems like that at time..

Now I like it

Same thing with Buckarro-Bonzi - hated it at first now I think it's funny

Funny, I was just telling ong45 he needs to see it. I knew I was going to like it when Michael Bolton was grooving to his gangsta rap like a badass and then rolled his car window up when a black man walked by.

P.S. One can use "TPS report" and "TPS cover sheet" as a kind of code to identify like-minded individuals.

Hello Peter, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

No.

Ah. Well then I suppose we should go ahead and have a little talk.

Not right now Lumbergh, I'm kinda busy. You know what, in fact I'm gonna have to ask you to just go ahead and come back later, I've got a meeting with the Bobs in a couple minutes.

One amusing note. Swingline has not made a red stapler in AGES and they have restarted making them due to their overwhelming popularity following the movie.

What would YOU do with a million dollars?

Besides two chicks at once?

Well yea.

So Peter I see you have been missing a lot of work lately.

Well Bob, I wouldn't say that I was missing it.

"i'll, I'll set the building on fire..."

The "office" in that film was right behind my company so we got to see the crew (never the actors) quite a bit while it was filming.

One Sunday I had to go to work and noticed smoke coming out of the set. It was the last day of production and they were filming the fire scene. B)

-Chet