• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, WarrenZ said:

April 3rd I'm impatient I guess.

When your card gets charged for 2500+ up front with a moving target date id be a little impatient as well. I ordered on 4/18 and I am still not happy about it. 

Mark7 emailed me this on 4/19

"They have not started shipping quite yet.
We will be starting to ship to our dealers here very soon first.
Then we will be fulfilling advanced orders that have already been placed for individuals in the order that they were received. 
If you would like to hold a spot in line, we suggest that you place your order as soon as possible."
Edited by Thetimb

I got this message from Mark 7 yesterday.

Got a message that you rang and wanted and update on your Evolution Machine. Currently we are gathering all the parts needed to produce the Evolution Machines in house. We are almost ready to start rolling some off of the line here in our Ft. Myers shop. You are #9 on the list and will be one of the first machines produced by us! I do not have a definitive date as to when we will actually start your machine but I will be in touch when we do so that you have a heads up on it. Roughly late May early June would be where I would estimate your Evolution to be ready. Keep in mind that this is a brand new product and the set up and production just takes a little longer to perfect.

I hope you are well and I know you will be super happy with your new Mark 7 Evolution.

21 hours ago, dfox said:
 You are #9 on the list and will be one of the first machines produced by us!

#9 in line makes me jealous, I am sitting in the top third of orders according to my email..  preordered on March 15 here.

Glad I didn't sell the Super 1050 just yet.

Edited by armedmoose

3 hours ago, armedmoose said:

#9 in line makes me jealous, I am sitting in the top third of orders according to my email..  preordered on March 15 here.

Glad I didn't sell the Super 1050 just yet.

Good Morning,

Just wanted to reach out and let you know that if you would like to see where your spot is to call: 1-888-462-7577 or email Dan our customer experienced director at dan@markvii-loading.com and he will give you an update.

Thank You,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

7305BA4C-DD55-49A8-B976-4DD261073A17.jpe

If I am seeing what I think I am seeing, I like it.

I have always thought a 1050 with a 650 priming system would be a great press and those are far enough apart, there’s not much chance of a chain detonation.

@Mark7  I ordered and Evolution through a dealer.  Can't wait to get it!

A question though:  Since I am getting a manual press, is there any plan for you guys to make your powder check die work in a manual press with an audible warning like the dillon?  Right now is it a sensor to stop the auto drive system?  If you made that die with an audible warning i'd buy it right now!

Kinda strange; usually when I order something that is on back order the vendor will state that my credit card will not be charged until the item ships. On another note;I second “jcwallace84” above; would be a great product. Saving my shekels to buy a Mark 7 for my 1050. Have to admit; they did it right! Way cool! 

4 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

A question though:  Since I am getting a manual press, is there any plan for you guys to make your powder check die work in a manual press with an audible warning like the dillon?  Right now is it a sensor to stop the auto drive system?  If you made that die with an audible warning i'd buy it right now!

Why couldn’t you use the Dillon powder check die?

14 hours ago, Mark7 said:

Good Morning,

Just wanted to reach out and let you know that if you would like to see where your spot is to call: 1-888-462-7577 or email Dan our customer experienced director at dan@markvii-loading.com and he will give you an update.

Thank You,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

I've been in contact with Dan.  Very satisfied with my communication with him. 

No complaints here, as a first adopter I understand delays and prefer something be produced excellent versuses rushed to market.

I am a Mark 7 believer...  The evolution wasn't something I needed, as my Super 1050 and Mark 7 automation produce at speeds more than adaquate for my needs.  I however bought an Evolution as I believe Mark 7 makes outstanding products.  The early adopter discount and selling my other presses will fund the Evolution easily.

4 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Kinda strange; usually when I order something that is on back order the vendor will state that my credit card will not be charged until the item ships. On another note;I second “jcwallace84” above; would be a great product. Saving my shekels to buy a Mark 7 for my 1050. Have to admit; they did it right! Way cool! 

getting charged months in advance is kinda shitty

8 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

Could I?  I'll be honest I've never used one, being a Hornady LNL user.  The dillon actuates off of the shell plate.  The evolution appears to not do that. 

You could use an rcbs powder lock out die if your running it by hand.

13 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

Morning,

Hey did you hear that?? Sounds like the powder check die on your manual press warning you, might want to go check it out. 

The sensor on the auto drive system stops the press and on our manual press it gives off an audible warning to alert you.

We look forward to your purchase today ;)

Thank You,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

7 hours ago, Mark7 said:

Morning,

Hey did you hear that?? Sounds like the powder check die on your manual press warning you, might want to go check it out. 

The sensor on the auto drive system stops the press and on our manual press it gives off an audible warning to alert you.

We look forward to your purchase today ;)

Thank You,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

Take my money! lol  Yes I will be buying this!  I want the audible warning type of power check for sure.

I was looking at the Mark 7 website and it looks like as of April 16 they do not include any dies and the price is now $2750? Double Alpha website still shows the price at $2500 with dies.

Is the high Mark 7 price just pushing us to not buy directly from them or are we going to see that price filter down to retailers?

If it's 2750 plus now I have to buy all of my own dies, makes it a bit tougher choice to not got with a 1050. (It might be better to just choose your own dies from the start anyway but to get a price increase instead of decrease kind of sucks)

Thoughts?

Just the price included dies before, but now you get no dies and 10% price increase? 

Seems crappy that this is how things progressed.

However for what you get, if the original price was initially released as 2750 with no dies, I don't think you would lose many people's interest in this press. I still have high hopes and eagerly waiting some user reviews and feedback.