Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm curious about something... when you guys talk about "processing" vs. "reloading" are you referring to doing a separate step to decap, size, and whatever other (swage?) operations before you do the powder,seat,crimp operations?

Currently running a 650 and the only "processing" I'm doing is cleaning and sorting for headstamp.

Very curious about how the high volume guys are doing it with the upscale equipment as I hope to get there someday, lol... thanks.

10 hours ago, slavex said:

I ran a ton of it on my 1050 Mk7 before I started processing it first. I don't see why it would be any different on the Evo or Revo. 

Did you start processing it because you had issues ? Was it not smooth enough ?

I am just trying to try an avoid the step of processing as it just doubles my time on the reloading bench instead of being on the range training

Until recently all my brass was outside and inside pickup stuff, so gravel and other debris could be in the cases. Nothing ruins the flow of loading like running into a rock in your case, and on the 1050 MK7 that could be disastrous if you forget to check for a double charge when you clear the jam. So I started processing brass, as it can do that while I'm working on guns or what not. A couple hours of 'smithing and I've got brass for a month or so. Then when it comes time to load, I've washed that brass and dried it after processing (to get the lube off and clean it in general), this makes the whole process worry free. Now having the Revo, while I'm loading the other Mk7 is processing brass for me, so I get twice as much done at the same time. 

I'm strongly thinking about ordering a Revo processor (stripped Revo just for processing) or getting an Evolution and throw it on the Mk7 automation table and sell the 1050 currently sitting there. not sure what I'll do. 

8 hours ago, slavex said:

Until recently all my brass was outside and inside pickup stuff, so gravel and other debris could be in the cases. Nothing ruins the flow of loading like running into a rock in your case, and on the 1050 MK7 that could be disastrous if you forget to check for a double charge when you clear the jam. So I started processing brass, as it can do that while I'm working on guns or what not. A couple hours of 'smithing and I've got brass for a month or so. Then when it comes time to load, I've washed that brass and dried it after processing (to get the lube off and clean it in general), this makes the whole process worry free. Now having the Revo, while I'm loading the other Mk7 is processing brass for me, so I get twice as much done at the same time. 

I'm strongly thinking about ordering a Revo processor (stripped Revo just for processing) or getting an Evolution and throw it on the Mk7 automation table and sell the 1050 currently sitting there. not sure what I'll do. 

Roger, that's an expensive setup. but eventually my final setup as well. I don't need to clean brass that much because all mine is fired indoors so it's very clean. An hour or so in the dry media tumbler and it's like brand new. I was more concerned about the decapping IVI + swaging IVI while priming, bullet drop, seat and crimp at the same time on the other side on a automated press. Obviously going to spray a shot of Hornady One Shot case lube in the case feeder. 

I'd rather do it all in one pass (process/reload) than having to process brass then reload, on two different very expensive setups OR having to change toolheads etc. 

I shoot about 30-50 000 rounds a year so I want to minimize time on the machines you know

With an automated press, the benefit is that you could just keep filling brass and process it without effort. Just take the powder hopper and bullets out, then put it back when loading.

Thats how I do know on a 650 using the handle. I look forward to process without ever pulling the handle again.

Roger, that's an expensive setup. but eventually my final setup as well. I don't need to clean brass that much because all mine is fired indoors so it's very clean. An hour or so in the dry media tumbler and it's like brand new. I was more concerned about the decapping IVI + swaging IVI while priming, bullet drop, seat and crimp at the same time on the other side on a automated press. Obviously going to spray a shot of Hornady One Shot case lube in the case feeder. 

I'd rather do it all in one pass (process/reload) than having to process brass then reload, on two different very expensive setups OR having to change toolheads etc. 

I shoot about 30-50 000 rounds a year so I want to minimize time on the machines you know

I buy my brass processed in the sense that it is already cleaned. I intend to run all brass through an automated Case Pro 100 and roll size it prior to feeding it to the Revolution. That way any bulges are gone and the brass is very close to spec prior to full length resizing.

I simply lube the brass I get off the indoor range now, no tumbling at all, then into the press for processing, then into the wet tumbler with no pins. That allows me to load with confidence in knowing that the brass is all good, and has no debris in it. 

I'm also planning on getting a rollsizer from Kevin Whitehead in Australia, which would mean I'd have to change up my process a bit. Probably a dry tumble in the garage, then into the roll sizer, then into the processor, then into a wet tumble and then load. I might just wet tumble twice though, as I hate dry tumbling. 

For those considering spending the extra money for the Revolution just to get an earlier ship date, make sure to check status at DAA and Shooters Connection. 

I ordered an Evolution Pro from Shooters Connection June 12th since they said they would ship in early July whereas Mark 7 estimated maybe August at that point. I just spoke with Shooters World yesterday and they expect to ship it to me next week. And as a bonus it was the original deal before Mark 7 increased the price by $300 and stopped including dies.

Give 'em a call and see what their schedule looks like now.

I buy my brass processed in the sense that it is already cleaned. I intend to run all brass through an automated Case Pro 100 and roll size it prior to feeding it to the Revolution. That way any bulges are gone and the brass is very close to spec prior to full length resizing.

Check out rollsizer.com for a much better auto roll sizing machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cool said:

Thetimb thank you for these beautiful pictures. ?

No problem. I’ll post more as I set it up and then I’ll go dark and back to my life ;)

I just wanted people to get a feel for the press. I know a lot of people are hesitant to purchase since it’s new product. 

14 minutes ago, slavex said:

the sensor that goes on the case feed drop tube, that triggers the case feeder 

Mine is internal? I am thoroughly confused about your original question of where is it.  

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a8d.jpg

Edited by Thetimb

Greetings.

Other than the video with the gentleman talking about loading for his Gatling,, has there been any indication of how broad the caliber selection will be?  I know there is a limit to how many calibers a manufacturer can offer.  However, I do load 32-20, 38-40, 44-40 and most of the calibers that have been mentioned by other posters.  I shoot more .223 and .45 ACP than other calibers but do load the others in quantity.

Just trying to figure out if I am still going to have to keep a Dillon.

Best regards.

Bob

Edited by Marvin Gardens
Learning to read, write, and spell.

1 minute ago, Marvin Gardens said:

Greetings.

Other than the video with the gentleman talking about loading for his Gatling,, has there been any indication of how broad the caliber selection will be?  I know there is a limit to how many calibers a manufacturer can offer.  However, I do load 32-20, 38-40, 44-40 and most of the calibers that have been mentioned by other posters.  I shoot more .223 and .45 ACP than other calibers but do load the others in quantity.

Just trying to figure out if I am still going to have to hang keep a Dillon.

Best regards.

Bob

Check their website for caliber conversions. You can see everything they offer. I am ordering 223 and 45 acp large primer kits tomorrow with extra tool heads.