Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

@Mark7

what are the chances that a guy like me who ordered one from Shooters Connection would get the evolution press before July 4th week? I just checked and I have it off which is rare.

And I will be needing a 9mm conversion asap but already have the pistol bullet feeder, would it be best to put in an order for that now before I get the press?

Thanks gentlemen! I obviously can’t wait!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[mention=67788]Mark7[/mention]

what are the chances that a guy like me who ordered one from Shooters Connection would get the evolution press before July 4th week? I just checked and I have it off which is rare.

And I will be needing a 9mm conversion asap but already have the pistol bullet feeder, would it be best to put in an order for that now before I get the press?

Thanks gentlemen! I obviously can’t wait!

Last time I checked with them I was told that conversions and extra tool heads would not be available at release to insure that presses got out. Was told it may be a few months before I can get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We (Shooter's Connection) have already shipped the first wave and are expecting our second wave of 4 machines this week. Projected fulfillment of the rest of our pre-order is about a month from now. If you order through us you should have your press by middle of July.

Conversions and extra tool heads are taking a back seat to the initial launch. Getting machines in customers hands takes priority to the extras, unfortunately.

Shooter's Connection will be going on Facebook Live at 5pm Eastern time to go over the Evolution Pro with one set up! If you have questions I can answer during the broadcast please let me know!

Cool I think I was in one of the later waves. This is good to know cause I will have to load up some 9 on my Hornady for the summer. I ordered one in 223. 

I was was hoping that perhaps there would be a surplus of shell plates vs other parts that lead to a bottleneck. Not that in initial production set up probably everything is a bottleneck! I probably should just order the plate now and get in line. 

I will look forward to reviewing your Facebook feed!

I just ordered an Evolution from DAA yesterday.  I called them before ordering and they said the ones they have listed on their website for $2499 are their pre-order of 25 machines.  They have pre-sold 21 of them (mine being the 21st machine in line).  After the first 25 are sold their price will also be increasing and will not include dies.  They have received and shipped the first 4 machines but do not know the timing or quantity of order fulfilment.  Hopefully the pace quickens and machines flow from Mark7 soon.  However, I fully understand and appreciate the need to ensure quality over quantity.  I sold my 650 last weekend but I had produced enough ammo in advance to hold me for 2-3 months.  If it takes longer I will just go with a commercial supplier of 9mm.  I am willing to wait for quality.  After all that is why we are all interested in this product in the first place. 

15 hours ago, Ocrrhbow said:

I just ordered an Evolution from DAA yesterday.  I called them before ordering and they said the ones they have listed on their website for $2499 are their pre-order of 25 machines.  They have pre-sold 21 of them (mine being the 21st machine in line).  After the first 25 are sold their price will also be increasing and will not include dies.  They have received and shipped the first 4 machines but do not know the timing or quantity of order fulfilment.  Hopefully the pace quickens and machines flow from Mark7 soon.  However, I fully understand and appreciate the need to ensure quality over quantity.  I sold my 650 last weekend but I had produced enough ammo in advance to hold me for 2-3 months.  If it takes longer I will just go with a commercial supplier of 9mm.  I am willing to wait for quality.  After all that is why we are all interested in this product in the first place. 

I ordered mine on June 5th so 4 to 6 weeks more seems reasonable. I was working up a load for my new Open gun and now that I have it dialed in I'm going to pump out a few K to get me over the hump and unload my 650. If I hear anything on my order I will update this thread. Like you I'm willing to wait for quality. 

25 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

@quiller you ordered from DAA?

It sucks that those that ordered straight from m7 are having to wait the longest. 

I think Mark 7 is taking it from the "first come first serve" point of view. Both DAA and Shooter's Connection ordered their 20+ machines at Shot Show as soon as it was unveiled.

I think Mark 7 is taking it from the "first come first serve" point of view. Both DAA and Shooter's Connection ordered their 20+ machines at Shot Show as soon as it was unveiled.

So I could cancel my order I placed at the first of February and order from you and get it faster? Of course that is if you still have any left.

I’m cool with dealers getting them first and all but I can’t lie that I fell ripped off if someone orders 4 months after me and gets there’s and I still have a month or more to wait.

1 minute ago, Travtastik said:

So I could cancel my order I placed at the first of February and order from you and get it faster? Of course that is if you still have any left.

I’m cool with dealers getting them first and all but I can’t lie that I fell ripped off if someone orders 4 months after me and gets there’s and I still have a month or more to wait.

You would have to talk with Mark 7 about that. We do have some still available.

1 hour ago, CrashDodson said:

@quiller you ordered from DAA?

It sucks that those that ordered straight from m7 are having to wait the longest. 

Re: you ordered from DAA.... It was not a Coke or Pepsi decision. I have ordered from DAA before and called/emailed over the years. I only discovered USPSA this year and only recently Shooter Connection. I'm sure I'll be shopping from them in the future.... 

Re: sucks that those.... I called Mark7 and was quoted the regular price. I was told that DAA and Shooter had them at the pre-order price. Since I dealt with DAA in the past I email them a few questions and ordered. I can understand why Mark7 will be for-filling those orders first as its partly a numbers game and helps establish both as dealers. Beyond that its simply a question of supply and demand.

It doesn't matter to me where you ordered from, sorry if that came across that way.  I have had good experiences with DAA and Shooters Connection.  

Its just somewhat frustrating that those people that ordered in Feb/March are being quoted August ship dates when they had to pay 100% up front.  Its understandable that these dealers ordered in January and are getting theirs first.  Im sure the people that I know that have ordered would have gone through these dealers rather than direct if they had known how they were going to be delivered.  Hell until a few days ago I thought buying straight from M7 was the only option.  With that said I think M7 should either sell through dealers, or sell direct.  Not sure why they choose to do both.  I am all for them supporting the dealers and selling only through them.  

2 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

It doesn't matter to me where you ordered from, sorry if that came across that way.  I have had good experiences with DAA and Shooters Connection.  

Its just somewhat frustrating that those people that ordered in Feb/March are being quoted August ship dates when they had to pay 100% up front.  Its understandable that these dealers ordered in January and are getting theirs first.  Im sure the people that I know that have ordered would have gone through these dealers rather than direct if they had known how they were going to be delivered.  Hell until a few days ago I thought buying straight from M7 was the only option.  With that said I think M7 should either sell through dealers, or sell direct.  Not sure why they choose to do both.  I am all for them supporting the dealers and selling only through them.  

No worries and I was not making it a is one is better than the other either. I called Mark7 to talk about pricing and options as I noticed the price difference on Mark 7's, DAA and Shooters websites (where the latter two are/were the same price). Mark7 brought up the price difference but like a lot of folks I like to buy direct from the manufacture. However, the saving and coupled with the good service I have received before from DAA prompted me to buy again from them. My guess is Mark7 went to the most popular dealer of all things competition shooting and offered some sort of deal (which was mentioned in another post here). I'm also guessing that they did not expect the sales to ramp up as quickly as they have....or they did and see value in a supply and demand market. Either way I just made all that up and only Mark7, DAA and Shootes really know. Yes, its unfortunate that folks will have to wait, but until we know (and I'm fairly sure we will not find out) the whole story we can write about it all day. For me its a nice distraction....but now I need to go back to work.   

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

I would assume it's all available online

I looked several time online prior to posting here. Even a search for Mark 7 Evolution Manual fails to pin point them. Unless I’m completely loosing it! Can you share a link as I cannot find anything under “Support”. Thanks

3 minutes ago, quiller said:

I looked several time online prior to posting here. Even a search for Mark 7 Evolution Manual fails to pin point them. Unless I’m completely loosing it! Can you share a link as I cannot find anything under “Support”. Thanks

Also, keep in mind that I do not have my Evolution press yet, waiting on a shipping date frim DAA. So I do not have a serial number which means I cannot access the “Account” portion of Mark 7 site which again I’m assuming is where the manuals are stored, but again, I may be missing them. If its a PDF can someone PM it to me?

I asked the same question from Mark 7 as I wanted to read the manual before placing an order as most people answering the phone over there were not able to answer anything other than general questions. . Their response was that it will come with the press. I don't think they have an electronic version up yet.

2 hours ago, Nigels1911 said:

The User Manual is pretty exhaustive and lives at mark7community.com.  we grant access when the machine arrives. ...

Why not make it accessible to people prior to purchasing?  It would answer a lot of questions from your prospective customers and also reduce the call burden on your staff as well. If you are hesitant about it for whatever reason, I'll settle for access once someone places  an order seeing that there is a multiple month gap between placing an order and shipment of a machine.  Also, by asking people to register prior to accessing you would still develop sales leads.

17 minutes ago, tanks said:

Why not make it accessible to people prior to purchasing?  It would answer a lot of questions from your prospective customers and also reduce the call burden on your staff as well. If you are hesitant about it for whatever reason, I'll settle for access once someone places  an order seeing that there is a multiple month gap between placing an order and shipment of a machine.  Also, by asking people to register prior to accessing you would still develop sales leads.

You make some good points - we'll discuss it in the staff meeting.  The manual is electronic so we dont kill trees and its on-line and in our user community so we can make changes to it as we learn more how to better help people with the new products.  This way people accessing it have the latest version.  Same with the videos.  Given that we just came out with the product, the delays are a function of procurement and scaling assembly.  In about end of August we are looking to be stocking machines !

I think making people sign up for Facebook and not making everything publically available is doing you a disservice. 

It seems like you are trying to control the narrative about what’s said about your press and products. 

I am a mark7 user and that has always annoyed me. You should have an open forum like this one to discuss the good and bad about your products. 

2 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

I think making people sign up for Facebook and not making everything publically available is doing you a disservice. 

It seems like you are trying to control the narrative about what’s said about your press and products. 

I am a mark7 user and that has always annoyed me. You should have an open forum like this one to discuss the good and bad about your products. 

Interesting suggestion. We’re in the middle of creating a private forum for Mighty Armory product owners.

The link will be on our website.

Wayne

Mighty Armory