Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Aggressive Grip

djbb98

I have a factory 2011 grip and after fondling with a DVC stippled gun almost a year ago over decide I want a more aggressive grip. I would go to e metal grip but I shoot IDPA and as far as I know they would be overweight (correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm either to a DVC stipple or Silicon Carbide. I feel the stippling might make the grip smaller and I have freakishly long fingers and don't really want the grip any smaller than it already is, and I see the carbide wearing off over time, or does this not happen? What are everyone's experience with each and maybe some tips and tricks for the process? 

1 hour ago, djbb98 said:

I have a factory 2011 grip and after fondling with a DVC stippled gun almost a year ago over decide I want a more aggressive grip. I would go to e metal grip but I shoot IDPA and as far as I know they would be overweight (correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm either to a DVC stipple or Silicon Carbide. I feel the stippling might make the grip smaller and I have freakishly long fingers and don't really want the grip any smaller than it already is, and I see the carbide wearing off over time, or does this not happen? What are everyone's experience with each and maybe some tips and tricks for the process? 

is there any problem to order new grip? from this company

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪sti grips 2011‬‏

Silicon Carbide to me is way more aggressive than any stippling you can do. Not that stippling can't be aggressive enough, but just not as much as the silicon Carbide. I have a STI that is really aggressive and works well. I think there is someone out there that will sand and smooth the grip up so the SV grip tape stuff will fit as well. I just don't recall who it is right now. 

I have two of the extreme shooters extra large DVC grips on my 2011’s. I don’t have abnormally large hands but find that I can get more left hand contact with the larger diameter grips and this helps me with follow ups. The silicon carbide route is a little more grippy based on a freind’s pistol I have tried. Looking to switch over to steel grips but if this wasn’t the case I’d be hunting down a silicone option. 

CK Arms makes a aggressive aluminum grip that I have here.  People that have held it like how aggressive it is.  I have it clear anodized and you can get it anodized in just about any color you want.

1CDF4A94-840D-47B6-AFE3-C4EAB992C4C6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

How do the metal grips affect people at extreme cold or hot temps?

The hot doesn't matter, but the cold can be brutal. We regularly shoot when it is sub 20 F and it makes the grip terribly cold. The plus side to that is you don't really notice it on the clock, just when you are doing live fire practice or whatever. 

2 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

The hot doesn't matter, but the cold can be brutal. We regularly shoot when it is sub 20 F and it makes the grip terribly cold. The plus side to that is you don't really notice it on the clock, just when you are doing live fire practice or whatever. 

Thanks for the info.  I guess a dust cover would help in the heat, and maybe a hot hand inside the dust cover in the cold?  

On 2/22/2018 at 8:28 PM, StuckinMS said:

Thanks for the info.  I guess a dust cover would help in the heat, and maybe a hot hand inside the dust cover in the cold?  

I have tried the warmer in the grip... doesn’t really do much unfortunately. And yes it gets really cold. 

I'd go with a Silicone Nitride treatment to the grip. Contact Alma Cole. He has done 3 grips for me. He has 2 different grit textures. The super aggressive is my favorite of the 2. But I have 2 limited guns with the medium aggressive on them. They're great and haven't lost any the the aggressive texture.