Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is shooting a 2011 only for the wealthy?

Sig0431

5 hours ago, raz-0 said:

An incredibly good deal if the gun runs. Mostly tri-topped eagle with a metal SVI grip. takes weight off where it shouldn't be, puts it where it should. Enough mags that you have to be able to put together three that work. $1700. I assume you have a belt. Two mag pouches and a holster can be done for ~$110-120. 

thanks for thinking of me. Sadly I could not get to it in time before it sold. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a new shooter??? Why are you shooting Limited??? Haha... just kidding!!! B)

I just bought my first 2011, a used Triangle Shooting Sports model (Benny Hill). It is amazing, and I had a local smith go through it and update some parts, and now I have a really awesome 2011.

Used is the way to go if you are patient and shop around. You can get a great price, plus if you decide to sell it, you can probably get about the exact same that you bought it for. A new gun depreciates so much right from the get-go, including any CZ model.

The CZ Tactical Sport Orange (TSO) is a great gun, but they are hard to find used, and new they are running $1,800+. For that price, you can get into a nice 2011, and that is the route that I would take if I were you, and is exactly what I did! I looked long and hard at the TSO, but in the end, I really wanted a 2011, and I have to say, I am so glad that I did.

Best of luck with your decision.

2 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Doublehelix is right on the money!

Since I'm partial to CZs I'll add: TSOs are the new shiny thing, but save for sharp checkering, it's basically the same as a TS, which can be had used for almost half.

This jag off is responsible for my current CZ/Tanfor obsession!  He almost led me astray form the path of the 1911.

I did end up with some NICE CZs though and toyed with a CZ/Tanfo for limited.....

Some people prioritize garbage that doesn’t matter within their budget.  Like cable TV, an excessive car or house payment, etc, etc.  Some people prioritize shooting.  Your priorities show in how you spend your money, and your degree of entitlement and independence in how you live your working life.

The amount that anyone spends eating out in a year would easily buy a 2011.  The amount most people spend on gambling would buy a 2011.  $150-200 per month for cable is a 2011.  A bunch of bar tabs = 2011.  Priorities are priorities.  Live in a smaller house.  Drive an older car.  Get a second job.  Sell the stuff you don’t use.   Don’t forget to buy hundreds of pounds of projectiles, brass, primers, and powder.

10 minutes ago, Dr Mitch said:

Some people prioritize garbage that doesn’t matter within their budget.  Like cable TV, an excessive car or house payment, etc, etc.  Some people prioritize shooting.  Your priorities show in how you spend your money, and your degree of entitlement and independence in how you live your working life.

The amount that anyone spends eating out in a year would easily buy a 2011.  The amount most people spend on gambling would buy a 2011.  $150-200 per month for cable is a 2011.  A bunch of bar tabs = 2011.  Priorities are priorities.  Live in a smaller house.  Drive an older car.  Get a second job.  Sell the stuff you don’t use.   Don’t forget to buy hundreds of pounds of projectiles, brass, primers, and powder.

:bow: so ve.ry true!  Exactly why I still use a dumb flip phone.  That $480 buys s lot of powder! ?

On 2/15/2018 at 4:56 AM, kneelingatlas said:

+1

The TS is an excellent Limited gun: it has a sub 2# trigger and runs right out of the box.  If you pay attention to the classifieds you might get a whole setup for about a grand.

Just like cars, buying used is a great way to save.

Here's one: http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/259466-cz-ts-40-extras/

From one Jarhead to another (3rd MAW 1983-87), if you want a 2011 get one. I've tried to do other things, Glock, M&P, blah, blah, blah. If I counted all the money I've put in non-2011s I could have bought an edge and a few mags. With that being said the tac sports are really nice and competitive. If I had it to do over again I would have got the tac sport or a 6" eagle. I know it ain't easy buying nice stuff on an enlisted man's pay but, heck, you only live once. Semper Fi, brother.

17 hours ago, spencerattix said:

From one Jarhead to another (3rd MAW 1983-87), if you want a 2011 get one. I've tried to do other things, Glock, M&P, blah, blah, blah. If I counted all the money I've put in non-2011s I could have bought an edge and a few mags. With that being said the tac sports are really nice and competitive. If I had it to do over again I would have got the tac sport or a 6" eagle. I know it ain't easy buying nice stuff on an enlisted man's pay but, heck, you only live once. Semper Fi, brother.

It's expensive enough on an officer's salary!  haha Sticking to a meal plan, not paying for cable, things like that can make stretching money a bit easier as already mentioned.  Buy used, but do your research as these things last forever unless you're shooting 40K+ rounds a year all on the same gun.

In the Midwest it seems like the majority of USPSA are middle aged white guys (myself included).At first I thought it was just the demographic but I’ve realized there is a financial aspect that plays into it.

I’m a construction superintendent and work hard to earn a decent living but I’m still cheap. I reload with a Lee!

I shot a RIA 9mm in my first season and then bought a couple 2011s off the classifieds here. My scores did improve moving into major but I’m not sure how much was the gear and how much it was getting comfortable and learning about the sport. 

I’m slowly learning the buy once cry once principle.

Don’t be afraid to buy off the classifieds,  here the majority of the guys here are part of a community and take care of their brothers even if it is to protect their reputation 

1 hour ago, Goodonpaper said:

In the Midwest it seems like the majority of USPSA are middle aged white guys (myself included).At first I thought it was just the demographic but I’ve realized there is a financial aspect that plays into it.

I’m a construction superintendent and work hard to earn a decent living but I’m still cheap. I reload with a Lee!

I shot a RIA 9mm in my first season and then bought a couple 2011s off the classifieds here. My scores did improve moving into major but I’m not sure how much was the gear and how much it was getting comfortable and learning about the sport. 

I’m slowly learning the buy once cry once principle.

Don’t be afraid to buy off the classifieds,  here the majority of the guys here are part of a community and take care of their brothers even if it is to protect their reputation 

The hornady press bought during your birthday discount at Midway usa will not break the bank.

The short answer.....

YES!!!

2 hours ago, StuckinMS said:

The hornady press bought during your birthday discount at Midway usa will not break the bank.

Snob lol

After a week of tinkering the Loadmaster chunks em out

I came this close to buying a used Dillon :)

I’ve been working out of town and have loaded 4K good rounds on a Lee Classic that I travel with! 

Edited by Goodonpaper
Omission

I guess I had a couple points and that it can be expensive to play the game but there are alternatives that can help

Save what you need to to buy what you want  

And to have some faith in 99% of the guys that are selling in the classifieds, I’ve had nothing but positive experience 

I'm on a very slim budget. I was able to get into 2011's by finding a great deal on a used RIA Tac in 40. It had been worked over by a gunsmith for the previous owner and it ran great. Only negative I could have for the RIA, is that it is very heavy. It shot better than I did. I would still be using it, but a buddy gave me a smoking deal on an Edge, so now the RIA sits as a backup. If you are patient, that means hit refresh on the classifieds every half hour, you can find something that will be a fit for you.

Would love to get a nice 2011. Unfortunately the ones I want all cost 4500+.

I got into a Tanfo Limited .40, with 5 mags, 3 sets of grips, a high end robot holster, and misc parts and springs for a grand.

Now I can stink it up in limited major, and make everyone else look good, for not a lot of money. A fella has to know his limitations.

But, like all decent Americans, I still dream of SVI's and Limcats. Gotta have a dream. 

On 3/5/2018 at 9:58 PM, tkane said:

I'm on a very slim budget. I was able to get into 2011's by finding a great deal on a used RIA Tac in 40. It had been worked over by a gunsmith for the previous owner and it ran great. Only negative I could have for the RIA, is that it is very heavy. It shot better than I did. I would still be using it, but a buddy gave me a smoking deal on an Edge, so now the RIA sits as a backup. If you are patient, that means hit refresh on the classifieds every half hour, you can find something that will be a fit for you.

But you'll shoot the RIA in the rain!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 8:07 AM, Treeclmbr said:

Cz,s are great guns. I have 4 tactical sports. For uspsa get a .40 cal.

One good thing , these are not picky, they will eat anything you feed them and not picky about mags. A very solid gun if you you dont go the 2011 route

Yep i can run my reloads or use cheaper factory ammo on my CZ TSO.

My $3k 2011 doesn't run well on factory ammo due to the fact it likes longer oal ammo.

If budget is an issue and you want a single action pistol the CZ tactical sport is the ticket.  Bump up to a TS orange if you want a more competion ready TS.  I would take a TSO over any low to mid end 2011 any day just do to the fact i can run the cheaper factory ammo.