Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best CO Optic

razorfish

I haven’t shot USPSA in over a year and want to give Carry Optics a try. (Can’t focus on the front sight anymore)

The plan is to have the slide milled on either my CZ Shadow or Accu-Shadow (another decision).

Anyway, which optic is leading the pack these days? Also, what MOA for the dot? Looking over the forum it seems there is no consensus on the best optic but surely there has to a “short list”.

Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used

Original Delta point 7.5   Like it the best

Burris FFll   ok but not good

Cmore STS old style works good , not as nice as original DP

New DPP 7.5 Like it but the body is bigger than the original, (not sure extra size is worth the battery tray on top, just my opinion )

Probably going to stick with DPP until I find some more old style DP's to buy

One mans opinion!!!

I have both Vortex Viper & Venom in  6 MOA.  I run the Viper on an M&P CORE, and  the Venom on my PCC. I like both, and the dot is great for fast acquisition. The Viper sits relatively low, which I personally likke. Relatively low cost, and forever warranty were deal sealers. 

As I assumed... it looks like there isn’t any single optic dominating yet.

I guess I need to start somewhere so I’m thinking I’ll start with the DeltaPoint Pro 2.5.

Thanks for the opinions.

I've tried Burris FF 3 and Vortex Venom in 6MOA.  My current is DPP 2.5, love it. Built like a tank.  Buy once cry once.

Also, you might keep your eye out for a used CZC Shadow slide with the mulit optic cut, and use that rather than milling a slide.  This way you can easily go back to irons if you ever need to. 

1 year this month on my Viper 6MOA. Same battery, over 9k rounds.
Getting one for my PCC.

Have one of these on a Canik tp9sfx and has been flawless. Just don’t be a dummy like me and not tighten the battery door [emoji30]

Honestly window size is irrelevant if your fundamentals are sound. The dot will come back down. It goes out of most other optics anyways so I would definitely recommend a Type 2 RM07. Type 1s will do you just fine as well with the addition of a sealing plate and a piece of electrical tape. 

For me, it’s not losing the dot when shooting, it’s getting the dot when doing unusual things... like drawing for weak hand only shots... the bigger glass helps a bit.
Sure, dry fire training the hell out of it will help, but in odd circumstances you haven’t trained to death, the big lens is valuable.... also it can speed up your dry fire training as you are learning the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro