Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ CO Choices

mont1120

I'm done with my Glock travesty  of getting my finger smashed in the undercut of a Gen 4 34, so its time to buy the CZ and get serious. My problem is which CZ to get for Carry Optics. The selection of CZ's lead to some confusion for non CZ buyers.

I want to stay with the CZ75 platform, the style looks far better to me then others. Now, do I want a decocker, a DA/SA, DA only, or what, that's what I am unsure about? I intend to have the slide milled for the Fastfire III, and improve the trigger system.

So, what model am I looking to buy????? Need a CZ expert opinion.

I vote CZ custom multi optic plate system.

9_DDAEE88-6156-4_E9_F-97_CD-8722818_C057

The SP01 has the extra weight and no firing pin block so the consensus is better trigger and recoil mgt.  Of course a short dust cover is very capable and a good choice too.

Edited by dogtired

2 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

I have seen one shadow 2 milled by CZC that made weight with plastic base pads and a plastic guide rod.

What's the capacity loss of going with the plastic base pads vs 140mm extended pads/mags though.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:49 PM, MrPostman said:

+1 also as much as I like CGW, CZC has the sight plate system going right now so the one cut will accommodate all dots plus you can get one for a rear iron sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, would the rear iron sight plate be considered legal in Production division as it would technically be milling the slide for the purposes of installing sights as according to Appendix D4 21.2b? Hmmm

54 minutes ago, touji said:

Out of curiosity, would the rear iron sight plate be considered legal in Production division as it would technically be milling the slide for the purposes of installing sights as according to Appendix D4 21.2b? Hmmm

We talked with Troy. Rear sight plate is good to go back to production.

The P-09 is a great shooter after getting work done on it with CGW parts. I had a buddy who had his DA at around 6.5lbs and his SA around 2.5lbs, but Im not fully aware of what spring weights he had.

Shooting a polymer gun and an all steel gun most definitely have a distinct shooting experience.

I shoot a CZ P09 in carry optics. I have been shooting it since April and I have had zero issues. I had the slide milled for the Leupold DPP. My double action trigger pull is just below 7 lbs my single action trigger pull is right at 2.5 lbs. I put in the CGW springs, extended firing pin, stainless guide rod, 18# recoil spring, etc. It runs great and I am very happy with it. 

I had a P-09 that I was set up as “Federal only”.  The DA ended up at 5#, 8oz. SA was 2#, 5oz.  However, after a while, the mainspring would compress and failed to light off even federal primers. So I went with heavier spring and the trigger went to 6# and 2#, 8oz.  I could never get the SA lighter than after changing springs.