Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 9mm Mags for PCC

I am ordering a JP GMR 15 and need to know if all Glock 9mm mags will work ? I know nothing about Glocks.
Thanks a lot.
SR
First you'll want to obtain G17 for classifiers where reloading is required and normal belt pouches can be used. Also, you need to buy the 33-rnd magazine for field courses. Most folks will opt to add extensions to those mags from folks such as Taylor Freelance, Taccom or MBX. These add-on will push your capacity up over 40+ rounds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For best reliability, stick with factory Glock mags. The ETS mags are known not to always drop free. Pmags work ok, but are noticibly lighter & may have to be pulled out. Their big stick isn't out yet, & will only be 27 rounds. Glock mags go on sale frequently so no reason not to use originals. 

Hello: I am using factory Glock 17/18 magazines and also Magpul 21 round magazines. The Magpul 21 round mags reload very quick and drop out fast. The Glock factory magazines I am using are the 33 round ones with base pads(Dawson, TTI, Arredondo,Zev). They hold a reloadable 36-38 rounds. I am also using a Taccom coupler and one Taylor Freelance +10. The last  combo I am testing is the Magpul 17 round with the Zev base pad with spring. It seems to be working great so far. I start with a loaded 33 round Glock mag with base pad and if I have to reload I use the Magpul magazines. The Magpul reload faster than the factory Glock mags even on the JP. Thanks, Eric

I was thinking of getting 2- Gen 4- 31 round Glock mags and 1- Taylor Freelance extension and 3- Gen 4- 15 round Glock mags for reloads. I can't find any 17 rounders. 3- stock mag pouches. Does anyone make a pouch for extended?

Thanks to all for the help

SR

The 15 rounders will be pretty short if you opt to add a magwell. I think 17 rounders with basepads (140mm) are about perfect.

One other thing to think about is that a lot people opt for a "beer can" reload with the big sticks, which is pretty much impossible with the smaller mags. Only important if you like to keep all of your reloads consistent.

Hello: I am using the Ghost 360 mag pouches. I use 2 mag pouches on the belt and use the 21 round Magpul magazines in them. That gives me 42 extra rounds which is plenty most of the time. You can also use the factory Glock 33 round mags on your belt also. I think Midway has both the factory Glock and Magpul mags on sale right now. Thanks, Eric

6 minutes ago, sandrooney said:

I plan on getting the Gen 4 which I believe is the later version.

IsaacB, What is a beer can reload ?

Thanks all

SR

Put your PCC in your strong hand and a beer can in your weak hand in normal drinking configuration and try and put the beer into the mag well. Then do it again with a magazine held like the beer can.☺

It's also called a hammer reload. Instead of using your index finger against the top of the magazine to guide the mag into the gun, you hold the mag in your hand like a fist. It feels primitive at first, but it seems to match the angle of the PCC.

You just hold the bottom half of the mag like you would hold a beer can or hammer.

Isaac... a friend brought out a brand new JP a couple of months ago, but didn't have any Glock magazines.... I grabbed a couple of older gen 3 G17 mags with the mag catch notch on the right side of the magazine ... the JP worked fine with my 32 round ambi mag, but when he did a reload with the G17 mags, , there was no left side notch to secure the magazine...an "ah ha" moment

Edited by Les Snyder

I have the MBX "Mega" PCC 6" (http://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=megabasepads) which allows up to 57 rounds with a 33 round Glock Gen4 mag (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006228190/glock-magazine-gen-4-glock-17-19-26-34-9mm-luger-33-round-polymer-black. Very well made and highly recommended for courses over 40 rounds (which are occurring more often in my area). 

I generally run the 33 round Glock mage with a TaylorFreelance +12 extension (http://taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=117). If I could do it again, I would try out the MBX "Mini" instead as its much easier to take apart to clean.

I use some Tartan Tactical +4 extensions with the standard Glock 17 round mage to get up to 20/21 rounds as well.

After using all the extensions, I think MBX basepads are the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy of mine recommended the ETS mags since he exclusively uses them in his production rig and loves them.  I ordered a pair of their 31 rounders and, other than having to be slightly more careful when loading them (to make sure they stagger properly), they function perfectly and drop freely from my PCC when loaded or empty.  I have not had a single malfunction with them or the 22rd ETS that I use as my 2nd mag.  My primary mag is still a Glock 31 with a TF pad that holds ~40. 

I used only Glock factory magazines but recently purchased a couple Pmag 21 rd mags for fast reloads in classifiers.

Also note that if you use a magnet on your belt to hold magazines like when all mags start from the top of a barrel, the factory Glock mags with their metal liner will work.  The Pmags will not stick.

Edited by Flatland Shooter