Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What BCG are you using on your AR9?

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Some of the bolts that I have seen have actually had the gas key screws not torqued at all. You could could turn them at least a half a turn. I removed them and put some red LocTite on the screws. Problem solved. As for the pinned in weights on the buffers just remove the weight and pin and setup your buffer to suit your loads. Or just get a bolt that has no weight installed in it like the JP. Thanks, Eric

Eric, I inspected the screws on my NFA gas key and they were loose.  I followed suit and applied locktite (blue because its all I had) and wrenched down on them. After almost 200 rounds I inspected it again and they are still rock solid tight.  Thanks for the tip!

Finally got to test my Taccom bolt yesterday.  Bolt's I've tested are the NFA standard, JP, and now Taccom.  The NFA works with very few triggers(mill spec and Hyperfire).  The JP works with more but hadn't tested enough.  The Taccom, even though I have only shot it once, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it works with ALL triggers.  Why?????? It is made to the EXACT spec as the AR 15 bolts are unlike the NFA and JP for sure, haven't had the others in my hand to measure.  The bottom of the bolt that slides the hammer down is exactly the same depth as my Aero Precision AR15 bolt.  The NFA bolt is .045" shallower, and the JP bolt is .036" shallower.  The NFA bolt won't even reset the CMC trigger when cycled manually, the others will.

If you look at my pic you can see how the bottom ridge of the Taccom sticks down like the AR15 bolt does but it has to taper up on the tip to clear the 9mm mag.  This bolt works!

20170909_195240_resized_1.jpg

3 hours ago, alvinsmith75 said:

This bolt works!

Yep, mine works great as well.  From what I remember, the Taccom Extreme Bolt is built from the same milling as the Faxon Bolt.  Taccom uses a different approach for the key, mills the face to work with ramped barrels, and has them finished in Nickel Boron.  So, the Faxon Bolt should be compatible with most AR-15 triggers as well.

matrix, spinta, and now Faxon Gen 2 works with a Hyperfire 3g set at 2.5 lbs very well...had some trouble with the Matrix loose key screw and spinta..(they look and measure exactly the same) on ejections and on the firing pin...no issues at all on the Faxon..like the AR extractor...pulled the weight and running an Armaspec piston buffer...everything running flawless now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the Co Q-10, also. No, wait a minute, that's one of my supplements. I have the Quarter Circle 10 bolt.

I haven't used it yet. As a mater-of-fact I haven't even put it in the gun yet. I'll let you know how well it works, at a later date, but the word is they are very reliable. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 12:17 AM, hiker88 said:

I haven't shot many matches with my current AR9 and have already encountered extractor problems and gas key screws getting sheared off.

I'm looking for reliable BCG options that will let me enjoy shooting my PCC. What do you guys recommend? 

I use the Surmount Defense ARC 9mm BCG. It has removable slug weight, AR style extractor, nitride coated, works with Glock, and Colt mags, works with most drop in triggers. https://surmount-defense.com/products/9mm-blowback-bcg

IMG_2854.JPG

Edited by gahunter12
  • 8 months later...