Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RHT holster play?

Wesquire

Is it normal to have this much play/wiggle in a RHT holster? Also the red kydex inside keeps shaving off on to the gun, not sure if you can see it in the video.

Sorry for the vertical video.

Edited by Wesquire

I have a holster from RHT for my Sig P320-X5.  I don't think there is any play but I'd have to double check.  I had some kydex wearing off as well the first few draws/insertions.  I wouldn't worry about it - just makes it a better fit. :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 1911builder said:

why does everyone love the RHT stuff, Ive had 2 items from him that were total crap. 

It's on the internet, gotta be true!

Lol

Not a shot against anybody, just what came to mind.

9 hours ago, 1911builder said:

why does everyone love the RHT stuff, Ive had 2 items from him that were total crap. 

He might mold things better for certain guns than others?

The dual-layer holster bodies that @Kingman made for me have been for a Tanfoglio Stock 3 and a Walther Q5 Match. Both of them have fit twice as well as any of the 12+ holsters I've used from BladeTech and Comp-Tac.

10 hours ago, 1911builder said:

I have a RHT holster for a G34 that fits perfectly; the pistol falls in with a perfect audible stop, takes very little to tighten, and is precise. I have a brand new RHT holster for a Shadow SP01; the pistol fits mushy, takes a lot of screw pressure to increase tension, and there is front to back play. Luck of the draw I guess. 

OP, both of my holsters shave kydex, it's the nature of the beast. 

no its not the nature of the beast...

8 hours ago, 858 said:

I have a RHT holster for a G34 that fits perfectly; the pistol falls in with a perfect audible stop, takes very little to tighten, and is precise. I have a brand new RHT holster for a Shadow SP01; the pistol fits mushy, takes a lot of screw pressure to increase tension, and there is front to back play. Luck of the draw I guess. 

OP, both of my holsters shave kydex, it's the nature of the beast. 

no, holsters that are shaving kydex is not the nature of the beast. He got lazy and didn't block out everything correctly and you can clearly see it on his holsters. A properly made holster with all of the correct blocking portions should not be shaving kydex off the holster period

Thanks everyone. 

Yes  ours will shave off some.  It is the nature of why we do what we do. 

We use many guns in the building. I'm sorry but I'm not filling a $1500 gun with epoxy to block it out. So cocking serrations etc will shave. 

I have started including very very clear directions on adjustment. There has been one holster come back that didn't get fixed with actual correct adjustment. 

Our spacer is 1/8". All holsters need adjusted 1/8" approximately at the bottom screw. This is difficult for most as I use 1/4" rubber washers so they don't wear out. 

If you have a problem send it back. I'm happy to look. 

Its interesting how negative 1911builder is, yet I don't recall anyone returning two, but since it's anonymous profile I can't check. 

On 8/19/2017 at 1:55 PM, Wesquire said:

Is it normal to have this much play/wiggle in a RHT holster? Also the red kydex inside keeps shaving off on to the gun, not sure if you can see it in the video.

Sorry for the vertical video.

Tighten the bottom screw until its 1/8". That will be we're it touches the gun. Then adjust the top screw for retention 

3 hours ago, 1911builder said:

no its not the nature of the beast...

no, holsters that are shaving kydex is not the nature of the beast. He got lazy and didn't block out everything correctly and you can clearly see it on his holsters. A properly made holster with all of the correct blocking portions should not be shaving kydex off the holster period

I have at least a dozen different kydex holsters from no less than six different makers. They must all be defective because every single one shaves kydex. Either muzzle/slide, trigger guard, frame, or just the sight blade, they all wear in. For material shaving, the RHT G34 is the best of all of them, the RHT SP01 is mid pack.

• 1 month later...

I got one for my Shadow 2 that was slightly used. Thanks for the instructions on adjusting the holster as I was having a hard time trying to get a good fit but was hard to get it released from the holster. I had to really loosen the fit so I could get the gun out. I’ll try to readjust the fit since I got the instructions now. 

• 2 weeks later...