Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

On 6/5/2017 at 9:20 AM, adamge said:

Has anyone found a thumb rest that is a drop in replacement for factory and moves the thumb rest surface farther forward?  My thumbs are longer than the factory rest is designed for, I end up with my knuckle riding on the top surface of the rest.

I made my own

E6FDE267-96DF-4418-9939-C58CB57ECAC1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎12‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 7:27 AM, RMCNAYLOR said:

I made my own

E6FDE267-96DF-4418-9939-C58CB57ECAC1.jpg

CZ UB has a list of 3 other options when it comes to thumbrests for the TSO or Czechmate. Might be hard to find but I assume that seboweapons.com might be able to help since he is the CZ team shooter in Europe.

Thumbrest.JPG

The holsters I mentioned are retention holsters, though not kydex.  I would suggest considering the DAA race holsters for multigun use. I've used them exclusively for years now.

If I draw pistol first on a stage I leave the holster unlocked, so it is a speedy draw.  But if it isn't first I turn on the retention, and then when I go to draw I just use my middle finger to activate the lever during the draw.

• 2 weeks later...

It took a couple of click/rack/click cycles for me to figure out what happened.  Interestingly enough, the parts did not eject too far or with any degree of force.  My squad helped me locate the parts, which were all within a few feet of each other.

Edited by muncie21

wowww 

first your  gun  lost rear sight and now this.(now  you have custom rear sight)

i glad that its  ended with  no   injury . 

it looks like yours  recycled  skoda  is falling apart .:)

Edited by yigal

4 hours ago, muncie21 said:

@858 Any troubles getting the bushings in/out? 

I replaced the bushing on my SP01 with a 10x, it was pretty straight forward.  I have heard about people putting the 10x in the freezer and such, to make install easier.

I drifted the stock bushing out with a brass drift, a press would be better. The new bushing went in a little easier, no freezing. I had to chase out the pin hole to get the roll pin back in. The front sight was pretty tight and had to be drifted out with a nylon punch. 

22 hours ago, yigal said:

wowww 

first your  gun  lost rear sight and now this.(now  you have custom rear sight)

i glad that its  ended with  no   injury . 

it looks like yours  recycled  skoda  is falling apart .:)

It's all part of the game. 

I'm actually quite happy that all I've had to do to this gun (which was purchased used from a fellow USPSA shooter) was replace the rear sight (front now also, but that was my choice) and firing pin spring.  How many open & limited shooters to you hear about that need to send their mags in for 'tuning' to allow them to run correctly?  Mine? wipe them down every now and again and they run 100% along with the rest of the gun.

I started shooting USPSA with Glocks because of their mechanical simplicity and low cost.  However (for me) CZ provides a nice mixture of price, reliability, ease of maintenance and accuracy.

Edited by muncie21