Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

Now that I've got mine (40) working and just like I want it I'm going to put it up for sale :wacko:

I think I have been ruined by shooting production class 2 years, at a match I missed the 9 immediately and not reloading at 10 seems like missing out on some of the fun. 

Will get an add up sometime fairly soon. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Now that I've got mine (40) working and just like I want it I'm going to put it up for sale :wacko:

I think I have been ruined by shooting production class 2 years, at a match I missed the 9 immediately and not reloading at 10 seems like missing out on some of the fun. 

How much are you letting it go for?

5 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

That's what I'm afraid of happening. I'm also switching over to limited from production. I'm not sure I could sell mine after all the work I've been putting into it though. GLWS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 9:01 AM, NoKimberDave said:

Anybody fitted new trigger to their Orange?

CZC flat or CZub flat? CGW Flat?

Not in love with the poly trigger.

Yep.  Changed mine out with a CGW flat and changed the Trigger pin at the same time. MUCH better.  (Hint...a very small amount of loc-tite on the trigger pin is all you need)

11 hours ago, FlightMedic376 said:

Yep.  Changed mine out with a CGW flat and changed the Trigger pin at the same time. MUCH better.  (Hint...a very small amount of loc-tite on the trigger pin is all you need)

Cool, this is precisely what I am thinking of doing.

Any change in the reset or break?

6 hours ago, FlightMedic376 said:

...I think the stock plastic trigger deadened the felt reset. 

I suspected this from the first time I dry-fired my TSO and felt the flex of the trigger pulling with the hammer down. It gives quite a bit. This off-season I'd like to install something like the 6SAO or CGW flat trigger. Maybe just send it to CGW and have them perform their magic. 

1 minute ago, RigPig said:

I suspected this from the first time I dry-fired my TSO and felt the flex of the trigger pulling with the hammer down. It gives quite a bit. This off-season I'd like to install something like the 6SAO or CGW flat trigger. Maybe just send it to CGW and have them perform their magic. 

The 6SAO is really easy to install on your own. Took me 30 min with a tear down and put back together. 

I'm short on measuring instruments, what is the factory front sight dimensions? I would like to keep the fiber size but get a thinner blade so I have more light/space between the blade and rear sight.

I'm short on measuring instruments, what is the factory front sight dimensions? I would like to keep the fiber size but get a thinner blade so I have more light/space between the blade and rear sight.

This is taken from Dawson's site. The other dimensions are on his site as well as CZCUSTOM'S when you look up the sites
CZ Front Sight Dovetail Depths
0.085 Deep Dovetail: CZ 75B, CZ 75 Tactical Sport, CZ 85 Combat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 8:25 AM, WxGuy said:

Has anyone purchased either the DPM or Sprinco recoil reducing systems for their TSO?  The TSO .40 that was for sale from Indiana is now in Florida.

I have the DPM, I've ran it in two matches, but went to a 13lb CGW. I have to do some serious practice shooting recording video and tweeking springs to figure out if it makes a difference. You can tell when racking the slide but during a match I couldn't tell and honestly in my videos it looked like the gun shot flatter and had less recoil with the standard spring.

Has anyone found a thumb rest that is a drop in replacement for factory and moves the thumb rest surface farther forward?  My thumbs are longer than the factory rest is designed for, I end up with my knuckle riding on the top surface of the rest.

The closest I've seen are CZ parts 1091-1350 and 1091-1351. You might need to cut them shorter. There are pictures in CZ catalog, but nobody is selling them yet.

I posted my aftermarket installed thumbrest from ipscalex in this thread ....it did move the position slightly forward and gave more surface area for my thumb to rest on ....just mention my name if you decide to purchase from him as he will include necessary screws to fit our guns 

6 hours ago, adamge said:

Has anyone found a thumb rest that is a drop in replacement for factory and moves the thumb rest surface farther forward?  My thumbs are longer than the factory rest is designed for, I end up with my knuckle riding on the top surface of the rest.

https://imageshack.com/i/pojHYQtCj

Here ya go

I posted my aftermarket installed thumbrest from ipscalex in this thread ....it did move the position slightly forward and gave more surface area for my thumb to rest on ....just mention my name if you decide to purchase from him as he will include necessary screws to fit our guns 

Aww, I wish I would've known that. I bought one from him and had to Jimmy rig some screws from home Depot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, chrisstophere said:

Aww, I wish I would've known that. I bought one from him and had to Jimmy rig some screws from home Depot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I ended up using my factory screws and it has been holding fine with some blue loctite

Based on some positive reviews I installed a CGW supplied extended firing pin and reduced power FP spring. Took it to the range to practice and I had several FTF, i'm uncertain if that was related to the random (but factory TSO) recoil spring I had in. I replaced the stock FP and FP spring and replaced the recoil spring with a CGW 13lb and the problem went away. Also important to note that my firing pin block/retainer nearly fell out, the firing pin was way to the front.

Factory FP stuff and the 13lb recoil had zero issues during my last match. I just swapped the stock hammer spring for an 11.5, keeping the 13lb recoil and i replaced the FP with the extended FP but did not swap the FP spring. I'm going to see if this works and since I have a much lighter main spring I may revisit the reduced power firing pin spring.

Has anyone else ran into those issues? I'm just trying to learn a bit tweaking things a little at a time to get a light trigger and a flat shooting gun. Next on my list is replacing the trigger, I have the floating pin and a choice of a couple triggers to try.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:20 AM, PRanta said:

TSO has a nice light trigger from factory. No need for tweaking. Choose recoil spring for your load and you are done.

I disagree. While it is light it can use improvements in the creep and reset aspects, as well as the ergos of the trigger pad itself. 

On 6/6/2017 at 8:07 PM, m0244 said:

Based on some positive reviews I installed a CGW supplied extended firing pin and reduced power FP spring. Took it to the range to practice and I had several FTF, i'm uncertain if that was related to the random (but factory TSO) recoil spring I had in. I replaced the stock FP and FP spring and replaced the recoil spring with a CGW 13lb and the problem went away. Also important to note that my firing pin block/retainer nearly fell out, the firing pin was way to the front.

Factory FP stuff and the 13lb recoil had zero issues during my last match. I just swapped the stock hammer spring for an 11.5, keeping the 13lb recoil and i replaced the FP with the extended FP but did not swap the FP spring. I'm going to see if this works and since I have a much lighter main spring I may revisit the reduced power firing pin spring.

Has anyone else ran into those issues? I'm just trying to learn a bit tweaking things a little at a time to get a light trigger and a flat shooting gun. Next on my list is replacing the trigger, I have the floating pin and a choice of a couple triggers to try.

I used the extended FP, light FP spring and a 15lb hammer spring on a regular TS. Had the same problem after a couple of months. FP retainer fell half out during practice and I thought it was a fluke. Shot two matches back to back. Match one I had a FTF, and the FP block looked okay. Second match on day two and the FP, FP spring and FP retainer blew out. Swapped in a stock FP and FP spring out of my Shadow with the TS retainer and finished the match.  Back to stock parts.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:25 AM, WxGuy said:

Has anyone purchased either the DPM or Sprinco recoil reducing systems for their TSO?  The TSO .40 that was for sale from Indiana is now in Florida.

I run the DPM in both my TSO .40 a d TS 9mm. No frame strikes at all. Very happy.