Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

yes  .most of them have good  trigger out of the box 700-1200 grams . ( compare to other guns )

but its not perfect and needs  good  gunsmithig  job.  you can get easy smooth and sharp  trigger under 600 g and travel of 2 - 2.5 mm at the lowest point of the trigger.

if you want  by tso check them carefully  , and pray its  not assembled in mondays .:D

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, yigal said:

yes  .most of them have good  trigger out of the box 700-1200 grams . ( compare to other guns )

but its not perfect and needs  good  gunsmithig  job.  you can get easy smooth and sharp  trigger under 600 g and travel of 2 - 2.5 mm at the lowest point of the trigger.

if you want  by tso check them carefully  , and pray its  not assembled in mondays .:D

Guy said his was stock. Cleaned it out of the box and shot it. 

37 minutes ago, bulm540 said:

Guy said his was stock. Cleaned it out of the box and shot it. 

yes .its working right out of the box. its very reliable handgun .

sometimes they have problems with  original tso magazines in cal. 9mm.  

nobody  is perfect.:)

On 9/17/2017 at 3:19 PM, muncie21 said:

It's all part of the game. 

The problem seems pretty obvious.  There's a mass imbalance creating some torque on recoil, opening up the friction fits.  You can fix that by evenly redistributing your bracelets between both arms.  ;) 

1 hour ago, IDescribe said:

The problem seems pretty obvious.  There's a mass imbalance creating some torque on recoil, opening up the friction fits.  You can fix that by evenly redistributing your bracelets between both arms.  ;) 

The bracelets provide equilibrium of mass.  Shifting even 1 of them to my strong hand would clearly impact point of aim.

I have a TSO 40 S&W. Magazines drop freely empty but do not when loaded with 6 or more rounds. I see wear on the side of the magazines and they appear to be hanging just prior to clearing on both sides against the bottom of the magwell opening. Any ideas?

Edited by bemanuel

I have a TSO 40 S&W. Magazines drop freely empty but do not when loaded with 6 or more rounds. I see wear on the side of the magazines an they appear to be hanging just prior to clearing on both sides against the bottom of the magwell opening. Any ideas?
I had to pinch mine with some channel locks while fully loaded. Just pinch a little at a time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, chrisstophere said:

I had to pinch mine with some channel locks while fully loaded. Just pinch a little at a time.

Same problem, where do you pinch them? Middle? Sides?Edges?

thanks

Same problem, where do you pinch them? Middle? Sides?Edges?

thanks

About the middle on the sides. Remove the slide, load a full mag and hit the mag release. See where it catches by looking down from the top. Pinch it at that spot. Do it in small steps around that area until it does freely, with no resistance.

Edit. Not the edges on the front strap and back strap. The grip panel sides.

About the middle on the sides. Remove the slide, load a full mag and hit the mag release. See where it catches by looking down from the top. Pinch it at that spot. Do it in small steps around that area until it does freely, with no resistance.  
Edit. Not the edges on the front strap and back strap. The grip panel sides.

I forgot to say pinch it on the hell panel sides, not the front and back strap sides.

11 hours ago, chrisstophere said:

I forgot to say pinch it on the hell panel sides, not the front and back strap sides.

Thanks for the information!  I did lightly sand the bottom of the magwell with some 600 grit and oil before I saw your post. It is definitely better. Going to see how that works  tomorrow during USPSA match. If I still have problems will work on magazines. 

Kydex: Red Hill Tactical is the only one I know that has a TSO mold
http://m.imgur.com/a/41Vv3

Race holsters: DAA has a TSO specific block (alpha x is getting good reviews), Ghost SP01 block works (I have The One and it is secure but wiggles and has worn paint off the trigger guard to bare metal)

I have the alpha x..... love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2017 at 10:34 AM, bemanuel said:

Thanks for the information!  I did lightly sand the bottom of the magwell with some 600 grit and oil before I saw your post. It is definitely better. Going to see how that works  tomorrow during USPSA match. If I still have problems will work on magazines. 

Follow-Up. No issues during match. Seemed to have done the trick!

Hey guys,

I am consistently getting failure to feed now with my .40 orange. Nothing has changed except I put in the OEM spring from a 13lbs spring. I even put the 13lbs sping back in and it is still happening.

Basically the bullet gets stuck on the feed ramp and the slide stays open, I can push down on the bullet and it will go into the barrel and the slide will close but once it happens, it will happen again and again. I don't think it is mag specific as it's random when it happens but my last 3 IPSC matches have been ruined with a low score due to me always having this issue. 

Not sure what can be done to fix this. The gun ran pretty much fine until this started happening and the ammo is the same and even if I use factory ammo does it happen. I have done some testing and sometimes if I slam the mag in, it happens so like the mag is too far in? Can that happen? Other time I don't slam the mag in and it doesn't happen. 

Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by pistolshot

don't worry it's only metal

everything  can be repaired.

check  extractor that is ok. sometimes there are small fractures on its edge. (on used)

are  u right  or left shooter ? in few tso that i saw  reversed mag release can make the difference.

and check feed ramp that its still have mirror smooth surface. found on few tso changes on feed ramp  after 3000 rounds

how many rounds it shot?

most  tso that we use have factory  16lb   rs .9 and 40.  only few use 12lb in 9mm

51 minutes ago, bemanuel said:

I use a double alpha race master. They have a tso specific insert. Noticing some wear on bottom of trigger guard. 

all shooters that use daa holsters damaged  tso and shadow  trigger guard finish. and gun has big ply inside holster.

not mention about that  every competition few locked   guns falls  from it. and few stacked inside the holster. 

bad copy.:rolleyes:

never try no sr speed no daa and not ghost 

herd  good  things about g .rivas  but never saw it.

Edited by yigal