Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

all shooters that use daa holsters damaged  tso and shadow  trigger guard finish. and gun has big ply inside holster.
not mention about that  every competition few locked   guns falls  from it. and few stacked inside the holster. 
bad copy.:rolleyes:
never try no sr speed no daa and not ghost 
herd  good  things about g .rivas  but never saw it.

Yigal,

Which holster would you recommend?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, yigal said:

all shooters that use daa holsters damaged  tso and shadow  trigger guard finish. and gun has big ply inside holster.

not mention about that  every competition few locked   guns falls  from it. and few stacked inside the holster. 

bad copy.:rolleyes:

never try no sr speed no daa and not ghost 

herd  good  things about g .rivas  but never saw it.

Once I added a muzzle support my DAA Alpha-X works pretty great. No wear, rattling, or stuck gun. 

54 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Yigal,

sorry  i can't recommend  any type of holster because  i never try others. everything that i use i do it myself .and i don't copy from others. i use my design open h.  from 1992. only trigger guard covered and delrin pin support barrel.

that was approved   by Nick Aleksakos  and ipsc committee  in 1992  for use in  ipsc  competition.

and  i fishing  and shoot compound bow  .:rolleyes:

Edited by yigal

12 minutes ago, 858 said:

Once I added a muzzle support my DAA Alpha-X works pretty great. No wear, rattling, or stuck gun. 

if i bay shoes i don't  expect  add stabilizers  on them for walking :rolleyes:

that is the reason that i don't like be depended on anyone .

Edited by yigal

3 minutes ago, yigal said:

if i bay shoes i don't  expect  add stabilizers  on them for walking :rolleyes:

The holster was made to use the support. It's like buying shoes and then complaining they're loose when you don't use the laces.

1 hour ago, yigal said:

that's ok :rolleyes:

It calls into question your "All shooters" comment because after a thousand draws I don't have finish wear. It's true the TSO isn't as easy to fit as other platforms but the DAA Racemaster and Alpha-X both work fine.

38 minutes ago, 858 said:

It calls into question your "All shooters" comment because after a thousand draws I don't have finish wear. It's true the TSO isn't as easy to fit as other platforms but the DAA Racemaster and Alpha-X both work fine.

yes  u are wright  i mean in ours local shooting club we have 10 tso. all have finish wear  on trigger guard

its about the model with aluminium frame  with plastic insert that close to al. frame 

in simple model that i saw without al. frame didn't heard complains  only about  that gun to much free .

and tso and most cz have not easy platform as u say but there is solution for them too. and it more simple than u think. tso much simple platform than shadow.

that is the reason that cz changed trigger guard in sh2 ?:rolleyes:

Edited by yigal

13 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Yigal,

spoke today with friend that  tried   ALL   types of holsters (he receive them for free)

he said that g. rivas  considered now as the  best brand. he will try it next month.

Edited by yigal

17 hours ago, 858 said:

Both the Guga Ribas and Suomi ASE holsters create wear on the sides and underside of the trigger guard, and on the underside of the frame. They do this on my TS, TSO and Czechmate, all of which I dry fire a lot. It doesn't bother me as the guns are competition tools.

1 minute ago, selecw said:

Both the Guga Ribas and Suomi ASE holsters create wear on the sides and underside of the trigger guard, and on the underside of the frame. They do this on my TS, TSO and Czechmate, all of which I dry fire a lot. It doesn't bother me as the guns are competition tools.

thank . didn't new this.

it's not pleasant  that holsters make damage to gun finish.

one of my friends use same holster 25 years without any scratch  on the gun.

when i designed my h . first thing that i want that finish will not damaged. 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, yigal said:

don't worry it's only metats still have mirror smooth surface. found on few tso changes on feed ramp  after 3000 rounds

how many rounds it shot?

most  tso that we use have factory  16lb   rs .9 and 40.  only few use 12lb in 9mm

The extractor was dirty. I removed it on suggestion of a friend and cleaned it and now it's back to normal. I tested it yesterday and a club match and now the brass is shooting 3-4 feet away as per norm and extracting, no FTF either. I am good. Thanks for the suggestion to check the extractor. 

9 minutes ago, pistolshot said:

The extractor was dirty. I removed it on suggestion of a friend and cleaned it and now it's back to normal. I tested it yesterday and a club match and now the brass is shooting 3-4 feet away as per norm and extracting, no FTF either. I am good. Thanks for the suggestion to check the extractor. 

excellent . 

i remove it every 1500 rounds for cleaning. 

and gun is always clean after every training.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 7:20 PM, bemanuel said:

Any idea what size screws are used for the thumb rest?  Lost one and looking to replace.

Thanks in advance!

for tso  cz use M4x8  flat head screw for thumb rest

and M3.5x8  for grips

(received new ghost holster as a present for sti   i think that this one will not harm handgun  finish

i don't need it ,so i gave it  to somebody from club  that need it.)

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪ghost holster‬‏

Edited by yigal

I love czc, but their follower isn’t as good as grams. The cz base pads are awesome though cause they don’t torque the spring when your taking them off. I can get 20 in my 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the grams in mine but I don’t like the no last round lock.

Anyone have issues with the mag release cutting into their hand when firing besides me? If so how did you fix it? I am thinking of getting the LOK palmswell grips but hate to spend the money if it won't help. Appreciate any help with this, thanks Mark

Hopefully we can get some help as I really like the TSO

There are some people that have been able to make the shadow 2 extended safety work on the tso, I just haven’t got mine done yet.

27 minutes ago, reballz said:

There are some people that have been able to make the shadow 2 extended safety work on the tso, I just haven’t got mine done yet.

it works but i don't like it .cz think that everybody have square  fingers ;)

this one much better. https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/safeties/cz-tactical-sports-cz-ts-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html