Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

it works but i don't like it .cz think that everybody have square  fingers [emoji6]
this one much better. https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/safeties/cz-tactical-sports-cz-ts-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html

Saw that one. For the price I wish I could see on in person before ordering. I think it’s still going to stick out too far for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, reballz said:

Saw that one. For the price I wish I could see on in person before ordering. I think it’s still going to stick out too far for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes . it's to long ,but u can shorten it to fit ipsc box.

unfortunately  i can't order this from us , so i welded  peace  of metal , shape it and checkered it to fit  my  grip

i shorten right side safety to stay with longer left side.

Edited by yigal

4 hours ago, old558 said:

Anyone have issues with the mag release cutting into their hand when firing besides me? If so how did you fix it? I am thinking of getting the LOK palmswell grips but hate to spend the money if it won't help. Appreciate any help with this, thanks Mark

I run LOK palmswell grips on my TSO.  One of the reasons for the 'palm swell' was to get the palm of my weak hand a bit further from the gargantuan mag release on the TS.  It has helped some, but doesn't totally get rid of the irritation, at least for me.  

I've shot the TSO enough that it doesn't bother me as much as when I first picked up the gun, however this could be made better.  One day when I have some spare time and an extra mag release, I may decide to trim down the factory unit and re-checker it.  Need a spare in case I don't like the results (i.e. longer works better) or I grind too much off.

On a related note, Shadow 2 safeties are drop in fit for a TS.  Nice upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Here ya go guys:
The TS Orange has a main spring of 20 lbs. and recoil spring of 16 lbs. installed. The TS comes with two extra main springs and recoil springs. The recoil springs are a 11 lbs. (short spring) and a 13 lbs. (long spring). Main springs are 13 lbs. (short spring) and a 16 lbs. (long spring).

53 minutes ago, chrisstophere said:

Here ya go guys:
The TS Orange has a main spring of 20 lbs. and recoil spring of 16 lbs. installed. The TS comes with two extra main springs and recoil springs. The recoil springs are a 11 lbs. (short spring) and a 13 lbs. (long spring). Main springs are 13 lbs. (short spring) and a 16 lbs. (long spring).

Thanks, info much appreciated!

55 minutes ago, chrisstophere said:

Here ya go guys:

1lb trigger pull? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, 858 said:

Same as mine with the 20lb spring.

as i know  cz don't use  20 lb main springs for this handgun.

like shadow orange it came with 13lb  main s. i didn't check short m.s but long was around 14lb in mine. (maybe it was 16 but i don't use it )

recoil s. installed is 16 lb and 2 spear is 11 and 9lb

trigger pull that i measured in all new  tso in club was 750- 1200gr.  (1lb 10 oz -2lb  4oz) and it's get better with a time.

after trigger job it's 520 -530gr   1lb 2.5 oz

Edited by yigal

On grips, I have been super satisfied with LOK. The thing I like is I can call the dude up and get what I need handled in a quick phone call. That's nice. Great customer service.

I like the bogies a lot. Haven't found anything that works as well for me. Very grippy, and with the checkering on the TSO, it is my only gun that isn't completely covered in grip tape!

So, I've used the regular bogies on my CZ75, and then used the thin bogies on my TSO. But, recently he made me a set of the thin bogies, but a bit thicker. I think I found the sweet spot for my hands and this gun. Man I love this gun. It's pretty ugly but it never lets me down or leaves me wanting!! 

Trigger is well under 2lbs with some polish and over 5G rounds. Need to get a .40 for USPSA major.

CZ TSO.JPG

Thanks for the information!  Confirmed with CZ-cz that the three recoil springs are 11 lb, 13 lb and 16 lb.  The 16 lb spring is tapered at one end and the gun ships with this spring.  The other two springs are 11 lb and 13 lb.  HOWEVER, the longer spring is the 11 lb.  The 11 and 13 have the same number of coils but the 11 lb spring is longer.

34 minutes ago, bemanuel said:

Thanks for the information!  Confirmed with CZ-cz that the three recoil springs are 11 lb, 13 lb and 16 lb.  The 16 lb spring is tapered at one end and the gun ships with this spring.  The other two springs are 11 lb and 13 lb.  HOWEVER, the longer spring is the 11 lb.  The 11 and 13 have the same number of coils but the 11 lb spring is longer.

i order directly from cz 13 lb recoil springs  and they stronger than 2 in original tso package

i measured them in my spring jig .and mark them as 11 and 9 lb

my  weakest spring even don't have power to make lock up with empty mag.

11 hours ago, bemanuel said:

The other two springs are 11 lb and 13 lb.  HOWEVER, the longer spring is the 11 lb.  The 11 and 13 have the same number of coils but the 11 lb spring is longer.

Can anyone else confirm this? 

My understanding (open to adjustments/correction as I'm  surely not the expert) was that the two additional springs (11 & 13#) could be identified by size, with the 13 # spring being longer.

See attached/below for direct message from CZ. Typically the longer spring will have the highest lb rating however the longest also typically has more coils. The 2 non-16 lb springs have the same number of coils so the longer one has the lower lb rating. 

ACB80F56-EBF5-46E5-BD91-DCCEAC812225.png

Edited by bemanuel

bemanuel  thank u . for this document.

i would not be surprised if there was a  mistake .

because  6 tso  9mm. also came with shadow buffers and not for ts. for this reason all of them broke recoil spring plastic cover(plunger) .

mine springs i measured and they was weak for this gun .for this reason  i ordered from cz 13lb recoil springs for my tso.(and they much stronger)

only 1 tso from club use weaker spring that feels like 13 lb .owner told me that it's original from the package.

p.s.

just now finish to check 3 new tso spring  packages: 2 springs each p. one short and one longer.

make comparison with 13lb cz spring and 11lb that i order from other company.

1p.  short  and long springs ~9-11.5lb  the softer spring unable operate gun properly.

2p. both short and long 11lb :o

3p. both short and long 13lb :o

all 3 new tso have damaged barrel  bushings :o 

what they drink before they send this guns?

Edited by yigal

I took out the OE recoil springs before firing and replaced them with color coded Cajun springs. The Cajun recoil springs have a slip fit over the guide rod instead of an interference fit of the CZ springs. 

23 hours ago, mktt89 said:

What weight spring did u end up running.  Also note that only the 16 pound factory has the interference fit.   The 11 and 13 do not.  

I have 10lb to 16lb depending on the load. I have been running 13 with a 170pf W231 and 180gr coated lead hand load.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:37 PM, 858 said:

I have 10lb to 16lb depending on the load. I have been running 13 with a 170pf W231 and 180gr coated lead hand load.

Thanks for the information. I am running the 13 lb also for 170 pf using 180 gr bullets.  For my grip, the 16 lb spring caused the second shot in the double tap to hit low to target.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. I am trying to replace the safety but i can't remove the stock one. I am really puzzled. I have 5 other cz pistols (shadows and shadow 2s) which i disassemble  without any issues all the time. 

What am i doing wrong with TSO?