Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Mag Capacity Change

d_striker

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, JGus said:

Isn't your comment above pretty much dismissing all CO shooters? At the very least it's dismissing CO shooters to Open shooters.

Gee, I thought we were all having a bit of fun here, suggesting fun names for the new division, as suggested by CO proponents.  If it'll help you sleep better, I apologize profusely for bringing my own sense of humor, such as it is, to the discussion.  If you want to keep fighting, leave me out of it. 

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

There is always somebody that looks at humor and finds butt hurt.

This is why we can't have nice things :) . 

We can have nice things.  We just can't always AFFORD those nice things..  :angry:

I take it all in good nature. I just have more fun when I keep it stirred up.  I shoot Production with an occasional CO and SS match.  So I'm not overly concerned about CO's future.

But, I think a lot of B, C, and D class Open shooters, or at least people considering Open, will gravitate to CO now that it's more appealing to people that want to shoot a "normal" round, don't reload well, don't shoot very accurately, and don't move too well  :)

You have to admit, even if you're an Open shooter, that is funny.

Edited by JGus

I hope it is the other way for me. The catalyst for Open. It allows me to shoot what I have, get my feet wet, then change barrel, add a comp and a magwell, then try Open! 

Basically a primer for open.

No competition that I have ever been involved in is cheap. So this will let me play till I get it sorted.  

While not a "senior" yet,  Optics are a god send for my vision!

1 hour ago, Broncman said:

I hope it is the other way for me. The catalyst for Open. It allows me to shoot what I have, get my feet wet, then change barrel, add a comp and a magwell, then try Open! 

Basically a primer for open.

No competition that I have ever been involved in is cheap. So this will let me play till I get it sorted.  

While not a "senior" yet,  Optics are a god send for my vision!

Well, all a guy in Production has to do to shoot Open is drag a mag from your front pocket.

I'm thinking CO would be the same.

:D

Wondering how we look at carry optics as cheap, welfare etc. But we don't hear about how cheap Production is.
Production gun + $500-$700 (optic machining, mag extensions) should be "Luxury Production" more than Welfare Open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

140's, and while we are at it, allow us to install aftermarket triggers. I find it a bit odd (stupid) that we are not allowed to run a slew of aftermarket triggers but I am allowed to send my Glock to TTI and get trigger work done that is as sweet or even better then an aftermarket one.

Shadow built up: $1,500. RMR $500. Ain't nothing cheap or wefare-ish about 2 grand in on a provisional division. Assuming you already have something similar in Prod so you don't need new belts and mags and such.

CO was a distraction, or a novelty for me before. Now I seriously enjoy it.

Hello: I think this will open up a whole new group of shooters to using an optic. I know some who are shooting open minor with their carry optics pistols since they like having the higher capacity magazines. I may try carry optics now again since I can load up 21-24 rounds and reload in places that I would for limited. It may actually be fun doing that. Thanks, Eric

Being able to run with 23+1 is nice  and all of a sudden there is competition in CO! This is from this weekend at Quantico. It's much easier to call shots and that's something I apparently need to get used to. For example on the far right target I called a C and quickly made or up but called the makeup as another C. I hesitated while I was trying to figure out what to do. Fun stuff though. 

I'm a little embarrassed about my first classification in CO.  I shot a special classifier match recently and due to a combination of poor performance on two stages (bad grip - lost my dot on one and rushed a shot on transition into a no-shoot on another), two VERY hard classifiers (six in six, anyone?) and being unclassified in CO before this match, when the classification update ran it took only my best four of my last six instead of the best six of my last eight (I had three on file already) so my two "bad" scores both counted and I ended up a D.  Had the best six been used I'd have been a C.

Given that I'm still getting used to this gun (losing my dot cost me SIX SECONDS on a stage because I panicked, thinking it had turned off) I figured I'd start as a mid-to-high C then work up to B pretty quickly.  Now I've got a few crappy scores to drop to get there.

Kudos, however, to the match director of that special classifier for not putting six "make GM in a day" classifiers together, especially for us new CO and PCC shooters.  I appreciate getting challenged by more difficult stages (six in six again, anyone?) and don't want a classification I haven't really earned yet.

That was my first "real" CO match with this gun and there were no longer stages - I'm looking forward to this weekend for four or five field courses and a single classifier to see how much the capacity difference makes in stage planning, etc. and overall standings.

FWIW: Best four of six: 39.89.  Best six of eight: 40.16.  Initial classification run logic... ugh.

Edited by mreed911