Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

I just bought GrayGuns P320 Competition Trigger Kit for my x5.

I was comparing factory parts to grayguns parts and somehow I couldn't tell the difference between factory and competition sears..

They advertised as

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Precision-ground Grayguns custom sear, polished and finished in hard nickel PTFE. Specifically designed for competition or range use only."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on their website but to me they look the same..

I felt it lighten the trigger pull weight and shorten the over travel after installation, but looks like all that feeling came from enhanced leverage trigger, sear spring ,and over travel stop tube..

Wonder Sig started to put competition sears in their X5 FCU from factory? cuz mine stamped on August/2018

What do you guys think?

Factory parts on left and Grayguns parts on right.

20181127_233945ED.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/3/2018 at 7:36 AM, gearguywb said:

I think they will frown on a +5 based on a stock X5 21 round magazine in CO  :)

As long as it fits the 140 mm gauge, you are fine.

11 minutes ago, -Pride- said:

I just bought GrayGuns P320 Competition Trigger Kit for my x5.

I was comparing factory parts to grayguns parts and somehow I couldn't tell the difference between factory and competition sears..

<snip>

Wonder Sig started to put competition sears in their X5 FCU from factory? cuz mine stamped on August/2018

What do you guys think?

I just installed the same kit, and I thought the sears looked very similar as well. I figured the Grayguns version has some "special sauce" to it that not discernable to the naked eye.

I agree that the GG trigger kit feels very different from the stock trigger however. I love it.

33 minutes ago, -Pride- said:

What do you guys think?

Factory parts on left and Grayguns parts on right.

GG uses the same design as a factory sear and modifies the edge where it engages the striker. These are both lightened sears to maintain drop safety but the GG has the sear geometry that gives you the lighter pull. The circled red area is the main difference. 

G6bfXRR.jpg

Edited by AmarokTactical

15 hours ago, Sokam101 said:

Any eta or info on when GG flat triggers will be back in stock?

Just a guess (obviously)... but they seem to come back into stock every 2 weeks or so for a few days, and then they go out of stock again. Get on the waiting list and jump when they are available. That is what I did, and by the end of that day, they were out of stock again.

Update on my X-5.

I have about 650 rounds down the pipe now, and the groups are starting to tighten up a bit. I added the GG comp trigger kit and the heavy recoil rod (still using the standard 15 lb spring, but plan to start testing lighter springs soon).

• Yesterday at 7 yards I got a single, ragged hole. Not much of a victory, but better than when I first got it, and at this point I will take it.
  • At 10 yards, I got OK results, maybe a 3" spread. Not great, but getting better than on previous attempts.
  • At 20 yards, things opened up a bit as expected (shooting offhand). Certainly not where I want it to be.

So the trend is in a positive direction which is good, but overall, I still can't shoot this gun as well as all my others. I am going to keep at it and hope the trend continues in the right direction.

Fingers crossed...

On 12/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, Tokarev said:

SIG is now selling a full size version of the standard X. It is basically the X5 without the mag well. Just FYI.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was at the  gun shop today and asked if they had any of these in stock.  I was told that Sig is discontinuing the X5. Can you elaborate on what you were referring to and what does the exact model is called?

3 hours ago, B585 said:

I was at the  gun shop today and asked if they had any of these in stock.  I was told that Sig is discontinuing the X5. Can you elaborate on what you were referring to and what does the exact model is called?

Theres no way they're discontinuing the X-Five model, it's been far too successful a seller for them to kill it

22 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Theres no way they're discontinuing the X-Five model, it's been far too successful a seller for them to kill it

That’s exactly what I thought. I asked him again if he was certain and he yes, but I still will only believe it when I see it.

Do you know the exact name/model of the X5 with a larger grip than the standard X5?

3 hours ago, B585 said:

That’s exactly what I thought. I asked him again if he was certain and he yes, but I still will only believe it when I see it.

Do you know the exact name/model of the X5 with a larger grip than the standard X5?

Whatever gun store employee you were talking to is mistaken.

There is no model with a larger grip than the X-Five. The X-Five has a Fullsize grip length with a magwell attached to it

For the record, that is the P320 X-Carry. It's shorter in length with a 3.9" target crown barrel (Not a Bull barrel) and comes with no magwell or weight in the grip. The sights are also different with the Xray night sights, the rear plate is not adjustable but is removable to add on the Romeo1. Lastly it comes with 3 - 17 round magazines and is essentially the same size as a P320C. MSRP is ~$860 but I don't think I'd buy anything from the guy B585 has been talking to, he's clearly full of s#!t. 

Edited by AmarokTactical

15 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

In fact this is partly true- current version of the X5 is being sold at a heavy discount to make way for a new version with what is reportedly a different rear sight plate configuration, possibly providing universality for either a Romeo1 or DPP installation.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

In fact this is partly true- current version of the X5 is being sold at a heavy discount to make way for a new version with what is reportedly a different rear sight plate configuration, possibly providing universality for either a Romeo1 or DPP installation.

Ah, now that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying, I was unaware

10 hours ago, sergeantbernie said:

I think the no Magwell X5 you speak of is this one. Shorter dust cover, no Magwell but it appears to have a x grip and top.

SKU: w320xf-9-bxr3

Available through the Sig armed professional program. Maybe a duty focused X5 variant?

It's not exactly an X-Five, it's the P320 "Pro Series". Note the new optic plate, which will probably be seen on a refreshed X-Five/X-Carry soon;

IMG_3325.JPG

My son was surprised today at the range, when he was presented with a born on date Oct 2018 X5 for Christmas.  

Although he has had plenty of trigger time with 22s, this was his second time out shooting centerfire  pistols ( he shot my STI Edge and a few others last month in a quest to determine what he could handle and what he liked).  He put around 225 rounds through it today, and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Gun is tame enough and accurate for a 13yr old to hit a 4-5" plate 12-15yds.

BTW gun is currently stock with the exception of a springer guide rod, and 14lb spring.

Edited by aalbert

13 hours ago, aalbert said:

My son was surprised today at the range, when he was presented with a born on date Oct 2018 X5 for Christmas.  

Although he has had plenty of trigger time with 22s, this was his second time out shooting centerfire  pistols ( he shot my STI Edge and a few others last month in a quest to determine what he could handle and what he liked).  He put around 225 rounds through it today, and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Gun is tame enough and accurate for a 13yr old to hit a 4-5" plate 15 12-15yds.

Very cool! Congratulations proud daddy! That is a really awesome first centerfire pistol. I am sure he is thrilled. Way to go getting him excited and into shooting at an early age. We really need that next generation of Pro 2A shooters.

He is a great shot too!!!

43 minutes ago, CZ173 said:

Can someone tell which adapter and from who do I need to buy to mount a shield rms red dot on my X5?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Springer doesn't show one, but have you tried to contact them about seeing if they have one that is off the books ?

https://shop.springerprecision.com/P320-Optics-Mounts_c89.htm