Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm...Thats a tough one. I used my grandfathers gun when I shot competition trap, so I guess the first gun I can say was 100% mine was a Sig P226, on my 21st birthday. Mom and Dad are NOT fans of guns. I must have been addopted.

Marlin .22 rifle at age 19. Because I to, had to move out of Mom and Dads house to own a gun. My first pistol was a Smith and Wesson Model 27 .357 magnum with a 8 3/8 barrel paid for 2 months before I turned 21. I picked it up on my birthday and took the day off of work to go shoot it. I honestly thought the gun would fly out of my hands or knock me off of my feet. (what an idiot I was) I was hooked on pistols after that one. And reloading. :D

Remington 1100 LT20 when I was 2 days old. Dad bought an 1100 20 gauge for my older brother and picked up the LT20 for me. I had to wait a few years before I got to shoot it though :) . Plan to give it to one of my kids, if the stork ever flys over my place.

My dad gave me my first gun at 8. It was a Browning takedown 22.

When I was 11, my mother gave me an Ithica featherweight model 37 in 20 gauge for Christmas. Before she let me unwrap it, she told me that if I didn't like it, she was keeping it for herself. :P

The best part was her boss bought me a case of Winchester AA every year for quail season.

Kenny

I remember it like yesterday, I went to my dad and asked if I could get a BB gun. His response was, "Your not getting a god damned BB gun." As I walked out the room he said "Your getting a pellet rifle."( Sheridan Blue Streak) I was six years old. I started shooting at 5 with a Ruger Mark I.

Rich

First was a Remington single shot bolt action .22 that my dad gave me for Christmas when I was 12. I got my boy scout marksmanship merit badge with it that summer.

My first real gun was a Sig P-226 in 1986. It is the most reliable mechanical thing I have ever owned PERIOD and is still my favorite pistol for any social occasion ;-)

--

Regards,

I assumed we weren't including BB guns here. Got that at 6. Still have it somewhere. Spring is so weak it won't even fire BBs anymore.

My first "real" gun was a Mossberg 500. $100 at K-Mart when I was 11. Still have that one too.

BB gun at 5...shot my grandads .22 then too...he gave it to me the next Christmas, I was 6..still have it...got his Stevens 410 the next Christmas, I was 7...my brother bought me my first pistol...ruger standard 22 auto, I was 15...got my first centerfire pistol at 21 in the service at the Augsburg Rod and Gun Club, an S&W mod 10 with 4" bbl...bought a .45 Colt Govt Mod. when I got back from the service and have been buying guns since....LOL

I was probably 4 or 5 when I got my first 'gun'. It was a really nice shotgun carved out of a piece of oak by my Uncle. That allowed me to go out 'hunting' with my Dad, Uncles, and Grandpa. I still remember them always asking or telling me stuff like....

'Is your safety on?'..... 'Watch your muzzle direction'..... and stuff like that. :D

What I wouldn't give today for that old piece of oak I carried afield 45 years ago..... :wub:

Mine was A Stevens 22-410 over/under for $22  :rolleyes:

Same gun here. You are obviously someone of taste and refinement. ;)

Started out hunting with my BB gun. Moved up the Stevens when I was 10ish or so. Mine was a hand-me-down from my Dad, who I suspect "liberated" it from an Air Force survival kit. :ph34r:

8 years old.

Marlin bolt action .22LR. We were trying to convince my mom to let me get a Ruger pistol in 22LR but she said no way to the pistol...never really wanted me to have the rifle either, but my dad let me get it.

My first gun was a single shot 20 gauge. I was 7yrs old then, chasin squirrels. I shot my first deer with it when I was 9. At 12 I stepped into the big leagues when my dad bought me a new 12 gauge 1100. That was in 1983. I still hunt with it. Its been reblued several times, rifled barrel, scope and used only for deer hunting.

Man has shotgun slug hunting come a long way. I had 3 kills over 150yds this yr with the gun. Only part I ever had to replace was the O-ring.

Flyin40

1st was a Daisy BB gun at 5 or 6. 2nd was a Stevens side by side 410 when I was 8. When I was 10 or 11 I got a SKB 20 GA semi-auto. When I was 13 I got my Remington 700BDL in 243. There as a Hawkins 50 CAL muzzleloader in there as well as 22mag. My first pistol was a Sig Pro in 357 Sig.

Glock 22 when I was 13. Ruger 10/22 when I was 14. Funny part about it is that neither of my parents are/were into guns, so I guess it was 'cause I was an only child... and a pain in the ass.

My Dad wasn't into guns when we were kids - we were CITY PEOPLE! He did own 2 rifles, which we would take out to Lyttle Creek and fire occasionally.

I got my first gun right after we got married. David bought it for me, a Ruger GP100 in Stainless with a 4" barrel. Still got this one, and it's still got it's place of "honor" in my home!

My Dad was a part-time firearm collector/trader. He had a dealers license most of the time I was growing up. There were all sorts of guns floating back and forth at my house as far back as I can remember. He had a huge gun cabinet with no locks. Funny how things have changed.

Pretty sure the first one he gave me was a single shot 12ga. when I was 5. Probably got it for free out of a trade and decided it would be a starter for me. A smidgen of reason must have occured and he swapped it for an Ithica .22 lever action. Looks just like a Winchester Model 94-22. By the time I was ten he would let me take it by myself down the the train tracks to shoot varmets. Great first gun and of course I still have it!!! I have a picture somewhere of him and I on Christmas morning 71'. My mom had got him a Model 94 in 30-30 and he had recently given me the Ithica. We posed like two cowboys in our pj's. I was all of five but I was armed and dangerous!!!

First time I shot a pistol I was so little I could just barely hold it up with both hands. The old man didn't see a need to own a pistola that couldn't take down one of the free roaming wooley mammoths of central Indiana, so no puny .22's here! It was a Model 19 S&W in 357 mag. (Dad never owned a chrono, so he loaded for feel. A soft load didn't kick much to him. But he was 6'2 !!!) We had a 25yard back stop behind the house but he just wanted to see if I could handle shooting it. I stood on the concrete back porch, aimed at the ground about 10 yards in front of me and pulled the trigger. I had never shot anything but my .22 rifle. Not sure if it was the recoil or the surprise, but I dropped it right onto the concrete. I looked up at my dad and he was staring at me so hard I thought his eyeballs were going to spring out of his head and smash me!!! But he found out that I was too small to handle a pistol for a few more years and I was more than happy with my rifle. B)

I don't remember exactly when I got my first BB gun, but my Dad got me a Nylon 66 when I was 8. Think I got my single barrel Stevens 12 gauge at 10, and a convertable .22 LR/Mag H&R revolver when I was 12.

He finally broke down and gave me his Colt .38 Super when I was 14.