Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the Tac Sport Oranges!!!

Superpipe9

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpacking notes. 40 Caliber. 

Did not get a CD, some internet stuff said a CD came with the gun.

Mags are 17 round , literature and I think CZ-USA website says 16 rounds.

It does not come with a spare slide release, it does come with one pin and one spare pin that can be installed instead of the slide release. Opens up a little thumb room for those who do not care about the slide locking back. 

Mag release is crazy stiff, not sure about the easiest way to adjust the spring tension but will figure something out. Not sure why they would let the gun leave the factory without the release being reasonable. 

New full or nearly full mags bind if you try to drop them, empty mags drop aok. Maybe something that will fix itself as paint rubs off of mags and gun frame but disappointing. You normally are not dropping nearly full mags, but there are exceptions. 

Have no idea what the customer is supposed to be told about the shock buffers. Necessary - personal preference - use the biggest one that will work - not needed ? 

Love the way the gun feels with stock grips. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Just got an email from one of the gun shops that I was on a waiting list for one of these, couldn't resist and purchased it. Should get it in a week or so. They said they got 10 in, I got the third one, this is from Impact Guns in Utah. Very reasonable price. Now I just need a holster, probably RHT, and a few more mags.

13 hours ago, huskerlrrp said:

Does it have a flat magazine brake? I just ordered an Orange and me thinks I should have added that..

You are good as is.

11 hours ago, Titaniumbadger22 said:

Just got an email from one of the gun shops that I was on a waiting list for one of these, couldn't resist and purchased it. Should get it in a week or so. They said they got 10 in, I got the third one, this is from Impact Guns in Utah. Very reasonable price. Now I just need a holster, probably RHT, and a few more mags.

If you go rht do not buy black carbon fiber and orange inside, I have dibs.

Trying to waddle through the mystery of mags and springs. I think;  the CZ custom 10 coil spring and follower kit will let you add a round if you keep stock basepads, the CZ custom added capacity basepad + either their 13 coil spring and follower or the one you can get with a call to Grams (not on their website yet but available) will take you to 20 or 21. The grams is supposed to be different than the CZ Custom, I do not know the difference or which is preferable. Maybe somebody else has already tried this stuff. 

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

You are good as is.

Trying to waddle through the mystery of mags and springs. I think;  the CZ custom 10 coil spring and follower kit will let you add a round if you keep stock basepads, the CZ custom added capacity basepad + either their 13 coil spring and follower or the one you can get with a call to Grams (not on their website yet but available) will take you to 20 or 21. The grams is supposed to be different than the CZ Custom, I do not know the difference or which is preferable. Maybe somebody else has already tried this stuff. 

I run both the Grams and CZ Custom followers and springs with CZ custom ext. base pads for 21 rounds. For whatever reason I can only get 21rds in the CZ custom follower. I've heard others have luck with the Grams. Both have run without issues. 

8 minutes ago, huskerlrrp said:

I run both the Grams and CZ Custom followers and springs with CZ custom ext. base pads for 21 rounds. For whatever reason I can only get 21rds in the CZ custom follower. I've heard others have luck with the Grams. Both have run without issues. 

Thank you very much!

10 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

You are good as is.

Hehe. I've got that holster pattern already. I just don't have a TSO...

2 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

No one has had them...So no.

You may like certain features on the Limited better than the TSO, but not the trigger.  One thing I've learned after having spent an immense amount of time working on my Stock 2 trigger is that there's no getting away from the "stacking" feel of the short hammer spring vs. the CZ's longer one.  Even with the HUGE breakthrough Tanfo platform has made with the BOLO and othe PAtriot Defense parts, CZ's trigger remains supreme. That's just the way it is.  I also like the thumb rest being milled into the width of the frame on the TSO.  Otherwise, Tanfo is an excellent platform. I wish it fit my girly hands better. 

17 hours ago, LeviSS said:

Yeah, the frame is half the reason I went with it.

Is stacking a problem in a SA gun though?  In my SP-01, I only noticed stacking (before all the $ I dropped on trigger parts, hammer, etc) in DA.

It would suprise greatly if you do not end up with an excellent s.a. . Stacking can be a problem as a general statement. 

19 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

You may like certain features on the Limited better than the TSO, but not the trigger.  One thing I've learned after having spent an immense amount of time working on my Stock 2 trigger is that there's no getting away from the "stacking" feel of the short hammer spring vs. the CZ's longer one.  Even with the HUGE breakthrough Tanfo platform has made with the BOLO and othe PAtriot Defense parts, CZ's trigger remains supreme. That's just the way it is.  I also like the thumb rest being milled into the width of the frame on the TSO.  Otherwise, Tanfo is an excellent platform. I wish it fit my girly hands better. 

Not to turn this into a CZ vs Tanfo thread but I've got both. "Stacking" is not a problem with Patriot Defense springs. At least my trigger finger cant feel it. I could with the stock springs.  I love both platforms but I like the DA better on my Tanfo. Though, it's really a moot point since these will be fired SA.  

With that said, I'm really fighting the temptation of calling CZC and buying a TS Orange!  

Edited by B_RAD

2 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Not to turn this into a CZ vs Tanfo thread but I've got both. "Stacking" is not a problem with Patriot Defense springs. At least my trigger finger cant feel it. I could with the stock springs.  I love both platforms but I like the DA better on my Tanfo. Though, it's really a moot point since these will be fired SA.  

With that said, I'm really fighting the temptation of calling CZC and buying a TS Orange!  

I don't think it's a CZ vs. Tanfo issue.  I think it's more or less a Tanfo vs. Tanfo issue.  You don't feel a stack in your piece.  Cool, good for you.  I definitely do in mine though.  Maybe I'm just more sensitive than you are.  Or maybe the manufacturing tolerances of the various Tanfo stock parts are playing a role here. I don't know. To be fair, the stack is really only felt with a slow pull in DA, which we never execute in competition anyway.  We're normally mashing the trigger.  But I know it's there, and that's enough to bother me. I'm OCD. I've talked about this with Joe at PD - there's just no getting around the design of the short hammer spring.  I still really like Tanfo, but not an ounce more than my CZs.  Just my opinion.

And to keep this relatively on topic, you should definitely pick up a TSO.  

Edited by MissionaryMike

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

And to keep this relatively on topic, you should definitely pick up a TSO.  

I'm focusing on production but think it's only a matter of time before I want to shoot Limited, right?!  Ha ha.  

I've read folks talk about doing grip reductions on the TS.  So the grip is larger than the SP-01?  But not as large as the Tanfo?

I've never held a TS. 

Oh yeah, I totally get the OCD thing. If something bugs you it's just better to move on because it will always be in the back of your mind. At least for me.  

Edited by B_RAD